Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    😍😍😍😍

(Original post by laurenmcginney97)
    Hey guys - I'd really appreciate you checking out this post
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4248224
    New account... (with these the only posts to 'her' name)... asking for emails... professionally worded with business phrases... but trying to appeal to 'da yoof' with a smiley in the title. How gullible do they think we are? I honestly am offended that they can't think of more elaborate approaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Papermate? Not really, but they're half price in Tesco rn so go buy some in bulk lol. They're very smooth to write with.

Attachment 570178
    Inkjoy is the absolute ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    New account... (with these the only posts to 'her' name)... asking for emails... professionally worded with business phrases... but trying to appeal to 'da yoof' with a smiley in the title. How gullible do they think we are? I honestly am offended that they can't think of more elaborate approaches.
    Ah this was exactly what I was worried about hahaha! Who are 'they' btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Flash News:

A normal human being will loose approximately 1 750 000 neurons in the next 8.6 days. Each Oxbridge offer holder is gonna quadruple that number. A massive neuron graveyard is being prepared

#saveNeuronNation
    (Original post by Zacken)
    *Cambridge. Getting into Oxford isn't hard, no need to stress.
    Lol. Prsom.

What results?

I've actually come to point where I'm pretending I have met my offer to keep myself happy and sane
    Same :P but after a while I realise how daft I'm being and that Cam is probably not taking me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    The clearing ads are escalating
    So much yes to that. They cover the whole screen and pop up at the slightest touch on the phone.

When ur insurance sends u emails about joining them soon:

Attachment 569820
    Lol. All the time.

ReputationRep:
    Help! I don't know if this is the place to go for this question, but I'm desperate: does anyone know how much I should budget for books and reference materials/statonery costs at Cambridge? I'm a law offer holder btw. I need the answer for a course expenditures form for my scholarship. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Its racism to all colours.
    UCAS is green people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait what. 'twas red last I checked. Why is it green

I hope we all feel very unproductive.
    I know someone who has already done a IA past paper.
    I know, wtf.
    And yes, he is on tsr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol ask me about unproductive. I amn't even halfway through Beardon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    My handwriting is going to be so **** the next time I use a pen, and it was already bad enough...
    Lol, I remember now, I had to sign in sixth form last week, my 'S' looked like an 'F'.
    My handwriting has been going on a downward spiral ever since I started writing
    I'm probably getting even my right answers wrong on the STEP because they can't read a thing.

(Original post by drandy76)
    A mathmos ability is inversely proportional to their handwriting neatness

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This gives me so much hope. I clearly have loads of ability lying dormant

(Original post by Insight314)
    Yeah, the NatSci Maths paper is a joke for Mathmos; especially the first section.
    From time to time I realise that had I applied for natsci I'd probably have an unconditional and do really well at 1A but then I'm like naah I like maths too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    I'm probably getting even my right answers wrong on the STEP because they can't read a thing.

From time to time I realise that had I applied for natsci I'd probably have an unconditional and do really well at 1A but then I'm like naah I like maths too much
    You know we are at low points if we considered applying for natsci(i did once upon a time when i thought i was good at physics LOL)
    Well, not me I know the only subject I could apply for was maths at Cam because im just so **** at everything other then maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On Twitter, do people get those notifications when more than one person liked a tweet or something?

I checked it for once, thinking it's a nice pic of Camb or something to make me feel sad but FFS, I didn't need to see this
    https://twitter.com/NewnhamSLO/statu...55247600418816

I'm unfollowing every Camb related account

ReputationRep:
    On Twitter, do people get those notifications when more than one person liked a tweet or something?

I checked it for once, thinking it's a nice pic of Camb or something to make me feel sad but FFS, I didn't need to see this
    https://twitter.com/NewnhamSLO/statu...55247600418816

I'm unfollowing every Camb related account
    It says serinesoul on the paper in the photo so ur basically in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says serinesoul on the paper in the photo so ur basically in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It also says physicsmaths

Put on a dress, congrats you're a member of Newnham

ReputationRep:
    It also says physicsmaths

Put on a dress, congrats you're a member if Newnham
    Lol ages ago I looked at Newnham Offer rates for maths and was like wth im defo applying there then realised it was girls college so yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile i just misread 12th as the 17th lol. First world problems rn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol ages ago I looked at Newnham Offer rates for maths and was like wth im defo applying there then realised it was girls college so yeh.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too
    Why didn't you just apply to see what happens?
    They'd probably just redirect it as an open application or something

Why didn't you just apply to see what happens?
    They'd probably just redirect it as an open application or something
    "Curiosity killed the cat" - Schrodinger

"Curiosity killed the cat" - Schrodinger
    Instant rejection bc don't even have intelligence to look up college before applying :lol:

Instant rejection bc don't even have intelligence to look up college before applying :lol:
    Even the smartest people make stupid mistakes... take Donald Trump for example. He says his "IQ is one of the highest", yet constantly makes lots of political slips and acts like he is just an angry man with a microphone. I mean, he could easily pass for an idiot, tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.