The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ay42
I did. A couple of friends did too. Not sure if they asked for secondary education when filling out the form in the first instance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this email too.

Not sure if good sign, or bad, or neutral....
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Cheers!!! Merchant Banking NY, I'm from Europe though still awaiting a LDN invite.

Good work! :smile:
Original post by alexjones1994
Did Citi email asking anyone for 'Their Secondary School Information' again - I swear I put it in??? They are making a royal **** up this year of applications.

I received the email. A week ago I even had to insert my CV and CL again LOL
My GS app has changed from "Received" to "Under review"... are they on a rolling basis this year?
Original post by Kiwith
I received the email. A week ago I even had to insert my CV and CL again LOL

Have you done the citi tests?
Original post by Kiwith
My GS app has changed from "Received" to "Under review"... are they on a rolling basis this year?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know if GS are on a rolling basis for Spring weeks?

thx
Original post by Aran2121
Do you know if GS are on a rolling basis for Spring weeks?

thx

gs is non-rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flourish RY
can confirm Citi final round ac - ibd

When did you have your first round interview?
Original post by Kiwith

When did you apply & Which division?
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes, they sent it to a lot of people. Looks like they somehow managed to lose everyone's information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Citi group? More Like Shi**y group! HAHA AM I RIGHT?!!
Original post by Kiwith

Yeah as mentioned above, they're rolling for summer/grad this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Reply 2495
Is there any website (or any other source) with a more or less comprehensive list of M&A deals over the past few months to make sure you're prepped for interviews and not missing anything? Thanks in advance
on the BAML application, for the question that says 'please describe the function of the division you have selected' does it mean the program i.e. corporate and investment banking, or does it mean the specific division that you select as your preference?
Did you do it? What sort of questions did they ask? I've been invited to sit for one within 5 days and have no clue what to expect.
Original post by alexjones1994
I don't think they had them in the first place bud. I wouldn't rule it out from being involved in their business insight stages though. Look at the skills they are looking for here: 'Numerical Interpreter' and 'Critical Analyst' so they could be hint bombs but I seriously doubt it.

http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/application-and-selection/

Did you do it? What sort of questions did they ask? I've been invited to sit for one within 5 days and have no clue what to expect.
Original post by Princepieman
I love how you're just casually getting interviews for the most competitive roles at the most competitive banks/firms and to boot in the most competitive location..

What's your secret?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got rejected from every single spring week hahah and then re assed how I was going about things. Spent 100's of hours on linkedin reaching out to at least 1,000 people met about 30 people worth my while who gave me great advice and then did an internship part time at a BDO in first semester, then I sent at least 100 emails out trying to do an internship for easter and managed to get an interview for a MM PE and nailed and went in for 2 weeks. Then reached out to so many trying for a summer internship but no luck, until I met one guy clicked with him real well and got into a 3 bill PE fund for the summer and I'm now starting in Blackstone doing part time for the year :smile: I think it's a matter of perseverance more than anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending