Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Thanks for this Prince, I was hoping to bring this up to prevent people repeating questions
    No probs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oracle95)
    has anyone applied to sales or trading at barclays and got invited to the video interview?
    Yes. Applied for Trading/Structuring. I did Insight 1 yesterday and received the invite to the video interview within 30-60 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    2 questions:

1.) is it possible to prep for 2nd round barclays online video interview thingamabob?

2.) citi screen before tests right? does this mean i am guaranteed next round if i pass tests?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody apply to HSBC as a final year? Read on here that they dont allow final years to do summers. WIll it work if we just say we are planning on doing a masters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    2 questions:

1.) is it possible to prep for 2nd round barclays online video interview thingamabob?

2.) citi screen before tests right? does this mean i am guaranteed next round if i pass tests?
    2) They screen after tests too. There's no "Pass" mark. They use your scores alongside your application to decide whether you get to the next round.

ReputationRep:
    Took the Barclays Insight 1 on Wednesday and still haven't heard back. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    2 questions:

1.) This is all you need:

ReputationRep:
    2 questions:

I'd be very interested to hear about point 1 too. Everyone here (like the guy above me) jokes about it, but no one has actually said what it's about.. Does it need preparation at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    I'd be very interested to hear about point 1 too. Everyone here (like the guy above me) jokes about it, but no one has actually said what it's about.. Does it need preparation at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone here, no matter how helpful, is in competition, so telling you more about that anal **** will put them at a disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because, they didn't have anyone telling them what was in it or what you need to prepare for it so why should you?

If you want that info, maybe ask a classmate or close friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the Goldman hirevue interview is an algorithm or an actual member of staff assessing it?

Also has anyone received test for Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing?

ReputationRep:
    barclys app has no CV/ work experience / questions / motivations letter? only diversity backgroun check and almost rape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    Does anyone know if the Goldman hirevue interview is an algorithm or an actual member of staff assessing it?

Have you received an interview invite for GS then?

ReputationRep:
    Does DB usually send the test right after the application submission?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taken the Lazard SJT? What provider? What's it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred_morgan)
    Does DB usually send the test right after the application submission?
    no, I got it after a couple of days. I think they do a first screening of the profiles

ReputationRep:

There is defo an algorthim as that is the whole point, there may also be a member of staff afterwards

ReputationRep:

It is just an algorithm I believe. I think I saw that on efinancial

ReputationRep:
    Applying to RBC summer. I am in final year but doing a masters after, so should I put graduating in 2018 or 2017? I am worried I will get automatically rejected if I put 2017.

ReputationRep:
    If you login to your Citi online application and go on your profile - under education does it only show university education?

I got an email from them yesterday saying I needed to update my secondary education but every time I click save it isn't updating my profile.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.