The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by Lúcio
Very true

They look meh...until they inexplicably score against you, and that'll be the story of the season really. Efficiency.

Their defence is yet to be properly tested by a smooth and clinical attack though - they get opened up easier than you'd expect.

I'd like to see them vs west ham or Everton. They both have big teams with powerful players while also having a lot of individual quality.

**** sake this united team is literally pouncing on individual mistakes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Martial not quite up to speed yet. Missed several good chances so far this match.
What happened to Valencia? He is actually crossing and not firing the ball across the ground any more.
Reply 2483
Looking better now. Surprised no mkhitaryan yet. He'd put the game to bed
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I'd like to see them vs west ham or Everton. They both have big teams with powerful players while also having a lot of individual quality.

**** sake this united team is literally pouncing on individual mistakes.

Yeah that would be a very interesting match up.

I'd fancy our attack against them, but at the other end they'd destroy us aerially and would rape Moreno so hard...

Yeah, I've noticed that already in the first few games. I guess you could say they're forcing some of them and at least they're being efficient and putting them away. Lucky stuff at times though.
"Pogba will play 'some' minutes."
Rooney is awful....

why is he still in the team ffs
Pogba been sloppy at times but not a bad first game!
Paul Pogba running at players makes the world go round. Just worried he'll be stuck doing too much defensive work against better teams/away from home.
United performed at about a 6/10 level but just strolled to a comfortable victory. That's very worrying for the rest of the league, but Southampton should be very disappointed with that.
Barely tested DDG when they had ample opportunity to.

Rooney aside from his assist was just outclassed by his teammates, and Martial had a very rare poor game.
Pogba is so so so exciting.
Original post by trapking
Rooney is awful....

why is he still in the team ffs

Potentially the worst opinion of 2016, and we've got Donald ****ing Trump running for damn president.

Pogba, Zlatan both magnificent. The latter just loves to steal the headlines doesn't he? All the talk about Pogba's home debut and everybody forgot about him. Martial was good in flashes, drifted in and out of the game and not really enough touches close to the box. Rooney had an excellent game, played fluidly with Pogba and his cross was a worldy. Still some problems with team selection though. Mata on the wings doesn't work for me, I know he's useful for ball recycling and freeing up the wing for Tony to run onto but he slows our transitions down. With Ibra playing as a target man, I'd rather have Mkhi start on the wing and get more in behind, and he could play off Zlatan. No more ****ing Fellaini btw, get Morgs in there.
Original post by jam277.75
Potentially the worst opinion of 2016, and we've got Donald ****ing Trump running for damn president.

Pogba, Zlatan both magnificent. The latter just loves to steal the headlines doesn't he? All the talk about Pogba's home debut and everybody forgot about him. Martial was good in flashes, drifted in and out of the game and not really enough touches close to the box. Rooney had an excellent game, played fluidly with Pogba and his cross was a worldy. Still some problems with team selection though. Mata on the wings doesn't work for me, I know he's useful for ball recycling and freeing up the wing for Tony to run onto but he slows our transitions down. With Ibra playing as a target man, I'd rather have Mkhi start on the wing and get more in behind, and he could play off Zlatan. No more ****ing Fellaini btw, get Morgs in there.

Stfu and stop defending him, Rooney is out of his time and it surprises me how he still gets to be in the team regardless of poor perfomances.

Yes he had good crosses in this game but the guy slows down attack massively. We have to be able to play at a quick pace when we are on the attack and Rooney simply cannot supply that quickness...I would rather have Lingard Mhiki and Martial then have Zlatan as the striker than putting Rooney in that mix.

This is going to be evident when we play teams like Liverpool/City/Chelsea. We need to be much quicker.
Fellaini best player on the pitch again

Don't think we were that great tbh, but clinical and another three points. Played some nice stuff after the second goal too.
Can't wait for Pogba to end the season with 3 goals and 2 assists, but 12 year old kids will still rate him after watching vines of him doing useless skills.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Can't wait for Pogba to end the season with 3 goals and 2 assists, but 12 year old kids will still rate him after watching vines of him doing useless skills.

Shut up.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

:rofl: :rofl:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Fellaini best player on the pitch again.

I agree....as much as it pains me to say it Fellaini was outstanding today.
Martial needs to concentrate on the pitch instead of throwing shade at his ex.
Been out of it recently.

Zlatan and Pogba bromance tho.
https://streamable.com/okic

Ibra better box to box midfielder than Pogba confirmed.

Latest