Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
    Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.
    Attached Images

Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf EdExcelScienceGradeBoundaries.pdf (56.6 KB, 48 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Is there one for OCR Gateway/21st Century or Edexcel?
    Edexcel is done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    Hey, i would estimate about 82 on each paper to get A* so about 164 all together for A*
    Hiya.

OK, thank you. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting to find out my tragic German listening results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    Hey guys
    For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.

Thank you- this is so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Thank you!! And don't worry haha, I didn't make it that clear

I did Maths, Politics, History and Biology. I dropped Biology because it's not relevant to what I want to study at uni and I got a B in it!

What A-levels are you thinking of taking?
    I want to go to university med school because you're required to study Medicine and become a doctor before you can advance to forensic pathology, so I'm currently thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, I.C.T (because I'm good at it and I enjoy the subject) and maybe A Level Welsh. If not Welsh, I don't know. I want to take a 4th A Level but I really can't be bothered to go through with two extra years of Welsh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I'm so glad the Physics grade boundaries have always been fairly low! Especially since P1 was very hard!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Edexcel is done
    hey,
    thank you so much for posting all of the past grade boundaries for both aqa and edexcel. Would it be alright if you could post what you think the 2016 grade boundaries would be for the sciences? I would love to see your predictions. Did you do aqa or edexcel for science? If you don't have tims then it would be fine don't stress too much about doing it. Thank you x ☺😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavMax15)
    I completely agree, I had to leave the exam hall and calm down for 5 minutes after attempting the P2 resistance question.
    I could feel tears going into my eyes as I wrote down my answers to that question, I could feel bullcrap falling onto the page as I wrote each letter and when I got home all I could think was that it was the 2 worst exams I had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris2791)
    predicted A* core science
    I think I just scraped an A*

im doing early entry im in year 10
    lots of people do core science in year 10 love its not early entry
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by salex413)
    Did anyone do Edexcel Statistics?
    Yes i did. How did you find it? ☺

ReputationRep:
    What I think Ive got:

English Language : B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueribbons99)
    Me too, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an A*, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    I could feel tears going into my eyes as I wrote down my answers to that question, I could feel bullcrap falling onto the page as I wrote each letter and when I got home all I could think was that it was the 2 worst exams I had
    The annoying thing as well was that it was one of my last exams. It was all going so well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I think B1 will be very high because that paper was so easy (probably 55 for an A*?)
    B2 very high as well (probably 53/54 for an A*)
    B3 probably 51-52.

All the physics except for P3 will be very low because of how they worded the questions and it was harder than last years.

C1 and C2 will be quite high and C3 will be around the same as last year.

My opinion ahaha but we'll find out on Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    hey,
    thank you so much for posting all of the past grade boundaries for both aqa and edexcel. Would it be alright if you could post what you think the 2016 grade boundaries would be for the sciences? I would love to see your predictions. Did you do aqa or edexcel for science? If you don't have tims then it would be fine don't stress too much about doing it. Thank you x ☺😊
    I will do it now dw
    Do you mean all the sciences?

ReputationRep:
    The annoying thing as well was that it was one of my last exams. It was all going so well!
    Same here, I felt that it ended on such a bad note.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I will do it now dw
    Do you mean all the sciences?
    Yes please just for aqa though. Thank you very much ☺

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I am so worried now that results day is around the corner because I remember clear as day that I forgot to write my name in block capitals in both of my R.E. exams and one of my Psychology exams. Will this have any bearing to whether or not my paper gets marked?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting to find out my tragic German listening results.
    Which exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.