This discussion is closed.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coy Girl)
I didn't get one, should I be upset!?

Neither did I... :sad: I have, however, had real proposals for such things in the past:ninja:

But, I think I have both of those guys on ignore, so don't think PMs from them would come through anyway...
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really should put more people on ignore - I only have jarve99 on since I find his seemingly constant questions really really really frustrating. Tried helping out once...never again.
Coy Girl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Neither did I... :sad: I have, however, had real proposals for such things in the past:ninja:

But, I think I have both of those guys on ignore, so don't think PMs from them would come through anyway...
Well I don't have them on ignore! Though I think I've had my fair share of bizarre PMs.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got a few people on there, all of them from being generally quite annoying in the super-secret-special-subs-only area.
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
...you can ignore people?

XD
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
...you can ignore people?

XD

Haha, you can indeed!

So, when you decide I've annoyed you enough, you go take a look at my profile and below my picture there're a few options. Send me a PM, add me to your buddy list or add me to your ignore list.

The buddy list, as far as I can see, does nothing, but the ignore list will render you unable to see posts by these people. They will, however, still be able to see you.
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, they've got their fifteen minutes of fame.
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PMs from 'Ignored' users should still come through, they just won't pop up and be all in your face. If you click on your Inbox, I believe you should see it there.

However, the "mass PM" sent today was only to non-subs (in fact, it's always only to non-subs), so some of you wouldn't have received it.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aah, the loveliness of being a sub.

What was their reasoning for doing it, other than being monumental pillocks?
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it worth getting a sub? I'm curious as to what hides in the back room.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In regard to the usefulness of the Buddy list, it does allow you to send a mass PM out to all users on the list - you still need to be a sub to send out >5 PMs at once, of course. Your 'buddies' are also marked with a small + by their name in the online lists, if you find that kind of thing handy.

But I agree that it's not a lot to shout about. Ignore lists are much more useful.
Coy Girl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not terribly exciting but the pretty coloured name is nice
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it worth getting a sub? I'm curious as to what hides in the back room.

On the whole, probably not.

Only feature I keep resubbing for is the larger PM inbox. Saves me having to delete loads every couple of weeks.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What was their reasoning for doing it, other than being monumental pillocks?
They thought it would be funny, I guess. Not the first time it's been done and won't be the last.

To be fair, as long as there are always other users reacting in a largely positive way to this kind of prank, then people will continue with them.
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Only feature I keep resubbing for is the larger PM inbox. Saves me having to delete loads every couple of weeks.
XD how many do you have?!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember somebody once mass PMing the entirety of TSR [with a picture of a mushroom] to make the point that that could be done, and that it was a bit silly that one person could PM 200,000+ users at once.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
XD how many do you have?!
According to the box at the top of my inbox...

(Original post by TSR Inbox)
You have 1766 messages stored, of a total 10000 allowed
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
0__0

loads!

I never pm anybody lol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember somebody once mass PMing the entirety of TSR [with a picture of a mushroom] to make the point that that could be done, and that it was a bit silly that one person could PM 200,000+ users at once.
Jangrafess. He was the first person to try it to such a scale, but others have decided to make a habit out of it.

(he wouldn't have done been able to do all members since there is a limit of 10,000 - but yes, he did a lot)
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone ever been banned because of it?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%

Watched Threads