Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Username97)
      Turkey's dropped out of Eurovision for this year
      Old news. It just means I won't be watching it.

ReputationRep:
      Turkey's dropped out of Eurovision for this year
      Whaaaaaaat, why

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hazelw)
      Whaaaaaaat, why

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
      Because we used to do really well until the judges' scoring came along and we have been gradually doing worse

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      Old news. It just means I won't be watching it.
      It's still news to some people, obviously.

It's still news to some people, obviously.
        When news is that old we call it 'history'.

ReputationRep:
        When news is that old we call it 'history'.

Well, that's a bit blown out of proportion :rolleyes:

(Original post by Egos)
          Let's talk about Galatasaray's achievements.
          They've been drawn with Real Madrid (and Fenerbahçe have been drawn with Lazio). Galatasaray will need to pull off a miracle (whereas Fenerbahçe have a good chance) to make it to the semi-finals.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
          http://www.footballkitnews.com/5819/...jerseys-12-13/

I give them the 2013 'most awkward looking footballers when advertising the new kit' award :king1:

:laugh:
          They really look awkward in the second photo

ReputationRep:
          They've been drawn with Real Madrid (and Fenerbahçe have been drawn with Lazio). Galatasaray will need to pull off a miracle (whereas Fenerbahçe have a good chance) to make it to the semi-finals.
          I used to support Fenerbahçe. I don't support any Turkish teams now but I support Turkish teams in international competitions. I think Lazio is more likely to reach the semi-finals.
          I believe in miracles so hope Galatasaray will beat the sh*t out of Madrid

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Egos)
          I used to support Fenerbahçe. I don't support any Turkish teams now but I support Turkish teams in international competitions. I think Lazio is more likely to reach the semi-finals.
          I believe in miracles so hope Galatasaray will beat the sh*t out of Madrid
          What made you change your evil ways? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
          I moved to Paris two and a half years ago. Now that there are no turkish people around me except for my parent, supporting a Turkish team is not fun. All my classmates support English teams or Real Madrid or Barcelona. So basically there is no point of supporting Fenerbahçe or Galatasaray..

Spoiler:
            Show

ReputationRep:
            To the above,
            :erm: I wasn't talking to you and I don't want to talk to you, nor acknowledge your existance, so stop quoting me.

To the above,
              :erm: I wasn't talking to you and I don't want to talk to you, nor acknowledge your existance, so stop quoting me.
              :lolwut:

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry. As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe. But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.

Secondly, I will continue to quote whomever I please regardless of the 'laws' any control freak dares to impose upon me. I am the leader of the Turkish Society of The Student Room, the administrator Abdullah Gül, your founder Mustafa Kemal, your hero Fatih Sultan Mehmet, and I will have no concubine tell me what to do.

If you don't want to 'talk to' me or 'acknowledge' my 'existence' then you have no choice but to leave my thread, travel far away and never come back. Or, you can take a pill, accept authority and allow this thread to continue on in its peaceful existence.

ReputationRep:

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry.
              Don't bother. I remember attempting at some 'friendly banter' with you before and it didn't work because you take everything so flipping personally.

As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe.
              I remember it being a different team (won't say here).

But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.
              This comment is just deliberately trying to provoke me.

Secondly, I will continue to quote whomever I please regardless of the 'laws' any control freak dares to impose upon me. I am the leader of the Turkish Society of The Student Room, the administrator Abdullah Gül, your founder Mustafa Kemal, your hero Fatih Sultan Mehmet, and I will have no concubine tell me what to do.
              I'll just stop responding.

If you don't want to 'talk to' me or 'acknowledge' my 'existence' then you have no choice but to leave my thread, travel far away and never come back. Or, you can take a pill, accept authority and allow this thread to continue on in its peaceful existence.
              Spoiler:
              Show

okay?

ReputationRep:
              Lol ^^ you guiyzz!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry. As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe. But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.

I feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:

Tension...

ReputationRep:
                Just to change to the topic of conversation
                Mhmm i really feel like some lahmacun.. yes, please

ReputationRep:
                Just to change to the topic of conversation
                Mhmm i really feel like some lahmacun.. yes, please
                Anything but that!

How about movies? I watched 'Horrible Bosses' today, which was pretty funny

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
              Useful resources
              US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.