TSR Turkish Society Watch

RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Username97)
Turkey's dropped out of Eurovision for this year
Old news. It just means I won't be watching it.
hazelw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Turkey's dropped out of Eurovision for this year
Whaaaaaaat, why

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Username97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hazelw)
Whaaaaaaat, why

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Because we used to do really well until the judges' scoring came along and we have been gradually doing worse
Username97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
Old news. It just means I won't be watching it.
It's still news to some people, obviously.
RamocitoMorales
Report 6 years ago
It's still news to some people, obviously.
When news is that old we call it 'history'.
Username97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When news is that old we call it 'history'.

Well, that's a bit blown out of proportion :rolleyes:
RamocitoMorales
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Egos)
Let's talk about Galatasaray's achievements.
They've been drawn with Real Madrid (and Fenerbahçe have been drawn with Lazio). Galatasaray will need to pull off a miracle (whereas Fenerbahçe have a good chance) to make it to the semi-finals.
Egos
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
http://www.footballkitnews.com/5819/...jerseys-12-13/

I give them the 2013 'most awkward looking footballers when advertising the new kit' award :king1:

:laugh:
They really look awkward in the second photo
Egos
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They've been drawn with Real Madrid (and Fenerbahçe have been drawn with Lazio). Galatasaray will need to pull off a miracle (whereas Fenerbahçe have a good chance) to make it to the semi-finals.
I used to support Fenerbahçe. I don't support any Turkish teams now but I support Turkish teams in international competitions. I think Lazio is more likely to reach the semi-finals.
I believe in miracles so hope Galatasaray will beat the sh*t out of Madrid
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Egos)
I used to support Fenerbahçe. I don't support any Turkish teams now but I support Turkish teams in international competitions. I think Lazio is more likely to reach the semi-finals.
I believe in miracles so hope Galatasaray will beat the sh*t out of Madrid
What made you change your evil ways? :holmes:
Egos
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I moved to Paris two and a half years ago. Now that there are no turkish people around me except for my parent, supporting a Turkish team is not fun. All my classmates support English teams or Real Madrid or Barcelona. So basically there is no point of supporting Fenerbahçe or Galatasaray..
RamocitoMorales
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To the above,
:erm: I wasn't talking to you and I don't want to talk to you, nor acknowledge your existance, so stop quoting me.
RamocitoMorales
Report 6 years ago
To the above,
:erm: I wasn't talking to you and I don't want to talk to you, nor acknowledge your existance, so stop quoting me.
:lolwut:

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry. As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe. But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.

Secondly, I will continue to quote whomever I please regardless of the 'laws' any control freak dares to impose upon me. I am the leader of the Turkish Society of The Student Room, the administrator Abdullah Gül, your founder Mustafa Kemal, your hero Fatih Sultan Mehmet, and I will have no concubine tell me what to do.

If you don't want to 'talk to' me or 'acknowledge' my 'existence' then you have no choice but to leave my thread, travel far away and never come back. Or, you can take a pill, accept authority and allow this thread to continue on in its peaceful existence.

hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry.
Don't bother. I remember attempting at some 'friendly banter' with you before and it didn't work because you take everything so flipping personally.

As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe.
I remember it being a different team (won't say here).

But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.
This comment is just deliberately trying to provoke me.

Secondly, I will continue to quote whomever I please regardless of the 'laws' any control freak dares to impose upon me. I am the leader of the Turkish Society of The Student Room, the administrator Abdullah Gül, your founder Mustafa Kemal, your hero Fatih Sultan Mehmet, and I will have no concubine tell me what to do.
I'll just stop responding.

If you don't want to 'talk to' me or 'acknowledge' my 'existence' then you have no choice but to leave my thread, travel far away and never come back. Or, you can take a pill, accept authority and allow this thread to continue on in its peaceful existence.
Spoiler:
Show

okay?
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol ^^ you guiyzz!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

It was just a bit of 'friendly banter' with regards to the whole Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe rivalry. As you may (or may not) have gathered, my 'Turkish team' is Fenerbahçe. But talk about an overreaction. If you can't handle the heat then don't play with the fire. Stick to moaning and groaning like a woman while us men enjoy a good laugh.

I feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Tension...
Username97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just to change to the topic of conversation
Mhmm i really feel like some lahmacun.. yes, please
hollywoodbudgie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just to change to the topic of conversation
Mhmm i really feel like some lahmacun.. yes, please
Anything but that!

How about movies? I watched 'Horrible Bosses' today, which was pretty funny
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads