University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
Ah yes, very manly. I have a friend who applied for it and went to an interview. There was one woman there and one woman only.
Oh right, i didn't get an interview :dontknow: but i've checked online and it's 82% Male, it's only 3yrs, my 2nd degree should have a lot more girls (assuming it matters) :laugh:
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Oh right, i didn't get an interview :dontknow: but i've checked online and it's 82% Male, it's only 3yrs, my 2nd degree should have a lot more girls (assuming it matters) :laugh:
Only some unis interview, usually the very competitive ones. Leeds must be one of the ones that don't. My ratio is about 48% Male I think.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
Only some unis interview, usually the very competitive ones. Leeds must be one of the ones that don't. My ratio is about 48% Male I think.
I applied through extra as well so maybe that's why they didn't bother
Which course are you doing? leeds uni has about 40:60 male female in general so no complaints
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going for Politics. I had an interview for a little extra bit on the side which allows me to do an internship in Parliament, the Canadian Parliament or the American Congress and the people I saw on the interview were nearly all male too.
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
Does anyone know if we can find out whether it's mixed or single sex flat? I really don't want to be in a single sex so I hope mine's mixed!! Is there a way of telling or do we just have to wait till move in day?
Yes, you can ask but we can't always guarantee it'll be like that - there are a lot more girls than guys at Leeds and some halls attract more girls. So it can happen (although rarely) that even though we've made a mixed sex flat, if we need more spaces of one gender, we may have to move people around because we try never to do a flat which has only one person of a particular gender in. Typically, a five person flat will have 2 guys, 3 girls and 6 person flats are either 3/3 or 2/4. But most poeple don't find single sex flats a problem even if that wasn't what they asked for - there's always flats of the other gender around and, as Gemini said, a lot of people you end up friends with will be on your course or from societies.
accomoffice
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
82% of my course mates are dudes! Hall was meant to make up for it, haha oh well
But you're sharing with 3 girls (one other guy as well)
FloRaRa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by accomoffice)
Can I find out whether my flat is mixed or single sex?
accomoffice
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FloRaRa)
Can I find out whether my flat is mixed or single sex?
Yu can but you'll have to either ring up (0113 343 7777 - and if you can leave it until Tuesday, we'd be grateful) or PM me your real name and your flat number.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yay! That's perfect wish i could do something for you! Thought it was between 6 so an empty room?
Thanks a lot!
accomoffice
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
yay! That's perfect wish i could do something for you! Thought it was between 6 so an empty room?
Thanks a lot!
No, most Tannery flats are 5 - there is one or two sixes and one or two threes but the rest are 5.
pepperkake92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I still don't know where I will be staying
I got the summary on email and all that, so shouldn't be anything wrong
A lot of other people know now, and I want to know toooo :mad:
I am unconditional (undergrad biology), and applied before the deadline.
Anyone else still waiting for answers? :confused:
Oh and btw I hope to get Charles Morris, Storm Jameson Court, even though it was oversubscribed....
livelove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, most Tannery flats are 5 - there is one or two sixes and one or two threes but the rest are 5.
On a completely different subject, as we don't have a car, I was thinking of going up to Leeds by train with my dad and buying everything I need up there a few days early (then going back home and bringing my clothes up when everyone else is moving in!) so we can then get the train home the same day.. the thing I was wondering about was whether ikea'd be able to deliver pots and pans etc to halls? Obviously if they parked outside I would take all my cooking bits in, I was just wondering if that's allowed or not? Thanks
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by livelove)
On a completely different subject, as we don't have a car, I was thinking of going up to Leeds by train with my dad and buying everything I need up there a few days early (then going back home and bringing my clothes up when everyone else is moving in!) so we can then get the train home the same day.. the thing I was wondering about was whether ikea'd be able to deliver pots and pans etc to halls? Obviously if they parked outside I would take all my cooking bits in, I was just wondering if that's allowed or not? Thanks
It shouldn't be a problem getting things delivered to halls. I know quite a few people who get things delivered, be it the weekly shopping from Tesco or books from Amazon.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who am I sharing with? :P
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oooo id like to know too Although im in leodis.
rjb123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeeG92)
Hiya
I have an unconditional for nursing at Leeds. Just got confirmation of my accommodation. Oxley Block E Flat 1. Anybody else in Oxley?:confused:
I've got an unconditional for nursing and im in oxley block E too!
Leigh21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sloaka)
I'm henry price F3.0 to do geog
Ah cool =3 Few blocks down from me then.
Have you been to look around them yet? x
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
Who am I sharing with? :P
she knows who i am :smug:
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
she knows who i am :smug:
She knows who I am, too! lol
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh dear, you're going to be inundated with requests to know the flats, come results day :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed