Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm getting really upset. The Doctor's Wife was probably the best episode of this series, but I haven't really been blown away by any of them. :cry:
Fumblenuts91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bobifier)
In all fairness, that's still fewer times than we've seen the doctor die

To be honest, I think Rory dying is kind of like a balancing mechanism - since Amy spends all of every other episode trying to get it off with the Doctor, they have to throw in the odd opportunity for her to show how much she still loves Rory.
But 'in all fairness', Rory has been around for seventeen episodes. He has under a 3:1 episode to death ratio.
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There does seem to be something where they try and find as many ways to kill Rory without him actually dying :p: new way in spoiler:

Spoiler:
Show
his clone dies?
icedragon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it wrong that all I want is for Amy and the doctor to ****?
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
This wasn't ever explained either. He's looking directly at River. He knows something.

What's this in relation to? Which ep?

Also, you keep saying 'click the spot behind his home planet'. What spot? What home planet? I must have watched the clip at least 10 times but have NO idea what you are on about. Any luck finding the password & user for the link btw?
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BookWormShanti)
What's this in relation to? Which ep?

Also, you keep saying 'click the spot behind his home planet'. What spot? What home planet? I must have watched the clip at least 10 times but have NO idea what you are on about. Any luck finding the password & user for the link btw?
The full stop after gallifrey in the website is the link to the video

And the website doesnt exist and thus the uname password thing is irrelevant because it works with anything and not just lonelyassassins.
Kalliope
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
The full stop after gallifrey in the website is the link to the video

And the website doesnt exist and thus the uname password thing is irrelevant because it works with anything and not just lonelyassassins.
Oh I did that...
I thought there was ANOTHER thing you clicked on when you arrived at the lonely assasins page to reach the page which the password thingy? So there's not?
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BookWormShanti)
Oh I did that...
I thought there was ANOTHER thing you clicked on when you arrived at the lonely assasins page to reach the page which the password thingy? So there's not?
Nahh.

Analaysis lessons is just an anagram of Lonely Assassins but the lonely assassins thing someone linked to in here is irrelevant because anything after that link gives you the same page with username and password box.
Kalliope
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
Nahh.

Analaysis lessons is just an anagram of Lonely Assassins but the lonely assassins thing someone linked to in here is irrelevant because anything after that link gives you the same page with username and password box.
Kay, thanks for clearing that up
DocTARDIS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The "crimson, 11, delight, the smell of dust after rain" line was emphasised way too much to be a throwaway line - especially with Doctor No. 11 etc.

One thing that puzzled me about yesterdays' episode:
When they run to the junkyard, The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver but it has a blue light instead of its usual green (similar to 10th's screwdriver)...

Also my speculation regarding several clues, some of which others have said already (I'll tuck it inside a spoiler tag, but it's only guessing):
Spoiler:
Show
The Fourth Dimensions points to the 'Analysis Lessons' secret video - very akin to The Doctor's message in Blink - and Analysis Lessons is an anagram of Lonely Assassins as Ape Gone Insane pointed out.

The page for the Weeping Angels says "Also known as: Lonely Assassins", and the Overview states:
But there's no telling where the Weeping Angels might strike next... the Doctor must remain on his guard against these beautiful but merciless killers.
So there's a strong hint that the Weeping Angels will be a significant foe in the future.

Idris said "The only water in the forest is the river" - probably meaning River Song (as people have mentioned) - but then why would Amy not count? Is she not there?

I think the "only water" part could be to do with the water/gateways to parallel worlds. So maybe, The Doctor et al. are trapped in a parallel world full of Weeping Angels (as a result of them all falling the the rift and being redistributed to another location?) and have to find some sort of water or reflection to escape.

Whew, long post.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My theory on the little girl is (spoilers just in case)
Spoiler:
Show
Doctor/River's child, after it being set up to look like Amy's. Probably way off though
Prettygeek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
Spoiler:
Show
I was joking :p:
GOOD! I love rory
MadnessRed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Fumblenuts91)
You missed a couple, he was vaporised in the pirate one. He drowned then amy resuscitated him. Also wasn't rory dead again when amy pulled the oods beard/tentacle things.
Fumblenuts91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MadnessRed)
You missed a couple, he was vaporised in the pirate one. He drowned then amy resuscitated him. Also wasn't rory dead again when amy pulled the oods beard/tentacle things.
It says drowned in the gif and he was just knocked down I think.
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's the general consensus on the "crimson, 11, delight, smell of dust after rain" business. Clearly an important line but I can't make any sense of it. :cry:

This wasn't ever explained either. He's looking directly at River. He knows something.

Where's this from?
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"The only water in the forest is River."

Okay, River Song noted. What about Pond?
DocTARDIS
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never seen the blue light. Will need to watch again.
If you want to jump straight to it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011884d/?t=22m55s It's only for a few seconds.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
petrichor : [From petro- (rock), from Greek petros (stone) + ichor (the fluid that is supposed to flow in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology).

Significant, or am I just speculating like a Deathly Hallows pro?
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
What's the general consensus on the "crimson, 11, delight, smell of dust after rain" business. Clearly an important line but I can't make any sense of it. :cry:

Where's this from?
Picture is from the end of The Day of the Moon.

(Original post by DocTARDIS)
If you want to jump straight to it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011884d/?t=22m55s It's only for a few seconds.
Great spot! :eek:
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
petrichor : [From petro- (rock), from Greek petros (stone) + ichor (the fluid that is supposed to flow in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology).

Significant, or am I just speculating like a Deathly Hallows pro?
Another Greek reference then?

Omega anyone?

------------------
Just remembered reason I even came on here.

How did Nephew (Ood) get onto the Tardis?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads