Singapore Kopitiam Watch

Narev
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by psyche87)
And the following year we passed those essay plans down to the juniors doing the same course...)
I do things like that (and I know other Singaporeans do as well). But hey, it's a nice way to get rid of material you don't want (especially if it's in paper), and well, you're not competing with your juniors for marks :P

Probably an out of point example, but I know a story where person A and person B were in the same course, and person B didn't know how to do an assignment. Person A helped Person B, Person B found some minor mistakes in Person A's workings, but didn't inform Person A. Person B received full marks, while Person A received about 60% of the marks.

It happens.
gwentan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by boucy)
looks like someone has an obsession with me huh all 3 post trying to talk about me. I guess he is still trying to prove himself.

Anyway @bella , i do not know if its a good idea , i had a friend who studies in the states when to change his money into USD and bank into his acc before payment. He mentioned the exchange rate is better. If is not an hassle you can perhaps look at that option
pu shi ba. why mus change to america money le? i am going to u.k so should change to u.k money ba^^
boucy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gwentan)
pu shi ba. why mus change to america money le? i am going to u.k so should change to u.k money ba^^
haha just an example , i mean if doing that give u better usd rate perhaps its the same for pound

so sorry for the confusion
gwentan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how about visa application and cas number?
Txi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Singapore = great place for FTs

ehehehehehehehehheheheee !
bellameow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nobody is going to hertfordshire?? are you guy flying alone?

i delay one year after college.. don't have friends to accompany me.. some went other uni..
Txi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Singapore is cannon fodder for UK
bellameow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yea i'm a FT.. is not like i want to be in sg.. not that sg is bad.. just that parents want me to work here. Kinda sad when i don't have friends here. I' not unfriendly, i just work in a company with only 4 people in it.. and two left.. and hiring new person.. i hope is a guy cause girls tend to complain and complain zz..
jmism
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by wqliu90)
Im going for Econs. So here's a jumping hi five to a fellow lse fresher. ^5! Have you applied for accom yet?
Hahaha hgh 5 back! Yeap just applied on Saturday! What about you?
Which one's your top choice?
We should have a LSE freshers meet up one day. hehehe
wqliu90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jmism)
Hahaha hgh 5 back! Yeap just applied on Saturday! What about you?
Which one's your top choice?
We should have a LSE freshers meet up one day. hehehe
congrats on getting into IR by the way, insanely competitive course. I had a look through the syllabus and it looks very interesting, i'd have taken IR if i had a choice I applied to CS, Rosebery, and Passfield. We'll get to meet fellow LSE freshers during the uk-departure convention later in August
Chad Storm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gwentan)
how about visa application and cas number?
gosh. when will u ever learn?
Txi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bellameow)
yea i'm a FT.. is not like i want to be in sg.. not that sg is bad.. just that parents want me to work here. Kinda sad when i don't have friends here. I' not unfriendly, i just work in a company with only 4 people in it.. and two left.. and hiring new person.. i hope is a guy cause girls tend to complain and complain zz..

just wallop their money and then chau lah.

of SG women are monkeys, if they so great then how they don't do NS ??

Fg hypocrites, run by ugly CWDs

btw, LSE is shiet and going downhill.
bellameow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Txi)
just wallop their money and then chau lah.

of SG women are monkeys, if they so great then how they don't do NS ??

Fg hypocrites, run by ugly CWDs

btw, LSE is shiet and going downhill.
:blah: zzz.. no interest to talk to u.. just be happy i'm going to further study.
Txi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bellameow)
:blah: zzz.. no interest to talk to u.. just be happy i'm going to further study.

then don't reply to me dumdum!
bellameow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sometimes wonder why you are so unhappy and angry with things. you probably going to say that i'm dumb and stupid and start criticizing, all sorts of ways to make people feel bad and then you feel oh-so-happy after that. but it's okay
jmism
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by wqliu90)
congrats on getting into IR by the way, insanely competitive course. I had a look through the syllabus and it looks very interesting, i'd have taken IR if i had a choice I applied to CS, Rosebery, and Passfield. We'll get to meet fellow LSE freshers during the uk-departure convention later in August
Ohh that's great! So looking forward to August
My priorities are actually the intercollegiate halls! - hughes parry, commonwealth and connaught.
Thanks! really relieved that I got it too! Congrats on getting Econs too btw! The competition for the course is crazy too!!!
Have you received your CAS?
monchouchou
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have yet to receive any instructions or letters at all even though it's almost (well, okay, still slightly over a month, but I am very kiasu) to visa application. I will probably bombard them with emails come mid-May. Has anyone here received instructions as to how to obtain CAS from your school? I know each school will operate on their own schedule, but I just want to have a gauge as to how soon I should harass them!

I've been told that I should pay school fees upon enrolment, but that seems to contradict some people's instructions that CAS can only be obtain upon payment for school fees. So sorry for the questions, don't bite my head off!
bellameow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you will receive your cas once you've done ur deposit and get ur conditional letter. then only proceed to visa.

meeting agent this sat
gandhistoto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by monchouchou)
I have yet to receive any instructions or letters at all even though it's almost (well, okay, still slightly over a month, but I am very kiasu) to visa application. I will probably bombard them with emails come mid-May. Has anyone here received instructions as to how to obtain CAS from your school? I know each school will operate on their own schedule, but I just want to have a gauge as to how soon I should harass them!

I've been told that I should pay school fees upon enrolment, but that seems to contradict some people's instructions that CAS can only be obtain upon payment for school fees. So sorry for the questions, don't bite my head off!
Oxford also said that I dun need to pay any deposit first before getting the CAS. It says that students will only pay upon arriving there. Although I have to present to the British Council that I indeed have the money to pay when I apply for visa. Not sure whether they will change the procedure tho.

Maybe different schools have different policies
Txi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
don't reply - what part of that don't you get ?

Thought you SG pokkeins were so " fluent " in English.

flu..... my lun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (54)
34.84%
I really love the subject (42)
27.1%
I don't know what else to do (20)
12.9%
I can't get a job (11)
7.1%
My parents want me to (4)
2.58%