Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAPTUT)
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH RIVER GOD!!! What are the key themes because i cant get my head around it...
    Love
    arrogance

ReputationRep:
    For anyone doing the Conflict cluster, can the yellow palm signify death because is yellow a sign that the tree is dying?

It's quite random, but I'm not sure if it's yellow because of the climate or because it's dying, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    what is alternative interpretation, i know interpretation is like the way you take it in but, i dont get the alternative part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan2159)
    So Flag won't come up?

Nope, 'The Right Word', 'Flag' and 'Falling Leaves' won't be named poems in the higher paper for the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben-jamin)
    Nope, 'The Right Word', 'Flag' and 'Falling Leaves' won't be named poems in the higher paper for the exam
    My teacher was giving the impression that Flag might and Hawk Roosting won't:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZazaM)
    what is alternative interpretation, i know interpretation is like the way you take it in but, i dont get the alternative part
    It just means thinking about another way the reader could take something in, such as 'the sea shimmered like fluid glass' this could suggest that the sea is pure, honest, and clear, but a different interpretation is that it is vulnerable in the sense you can break it easily and see beneath its surface like exposing its secrets...not the best example but I made it up on the spot

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing pride an prejudice or Macbeth..am soooo scared for tommorows exam...any ideas of what might come up?..

ReputationRep:
    Do you know which poems won't be named from the relationships cluster??

ReputationRep:
    What year did sonnet 43 come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeksoldierboy)
    Love
    arrogance
    The power of nature: humans do not have power over nature; it's the other way round.
    Don't take things for granted: just because something is part of our daily lives, don't forget the qualities it has.
    The power of love: the River God, as a personification, falls in love with a human woman. He wants her and is prepared to drown her to get her. He won't forgive her if she leaves him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    What year did sonnet 43 come?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    jan 2012

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the poetry exam starts? Know it's afternoon but is it 1.30 or 2.00?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Primrose_Marian)
    Does anyone know when the poetry exam starts? Know it's afternoon but is it 1.30 or 2.00?
    Thanks
    1:30pm for me anyway.

And I never realized that there were foundation and higher poems... does anyone know what the foundation poems for the Characters and Voices cluster are (if that's even how it works)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neurone123)
    Do you know which poems won't be named from the relationships cluster??

Unfortunately I don't sorry, you could look around on the AQA website or on other threads. I think there is one specially for the Relationships cluster. There is a few actually:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2359223

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=relationships

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan2159)
    My teacher was giving the impression that Flag might and Hawk Roosting won't:facepalm:

Are you doing foundation, because if so then there is a possibility it may come up, but for higher it defiantly won't appear.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I don't sorry, you could look around on the AQA website or on other threads. I think there is one specially for the Relationships cluster. There is a few actually:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2359223

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=relationships

Good Luck!
    Thanks!! Good luck to you too for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    What's the chances of Sonnet 116 coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neurone123)
    Thanks!! Good luck to you too for tomorrow!
    Thanks, lets just hope a nice question comes up!! :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean by structure and form? What's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing unit 4?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.