Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was absolutely fuming last season when we failed to replace rvp, it was almost the last straw and it's shown we have struggled to keep up this season. If we do not sign a proven player of calibre this season well? I ****ing don't know I can't just support another team can I. We should protest! THIS IS NOT ON. WENGER LYING AND FEEDING US **** EVERY YEAR. PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE IS WITH ME?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I was absolutely fuming last season when we failed to replace rvp, it was almost the last straw and it's shown we have struggled to keep up this season. If we do not sign a proven player of calibre this season well? I ****ing don't know I can't just support another team can I. We should protest! THIS IS NOT ON. WENGER LYING AND FEEDING US **** EVERY YEAR. PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE IS WITH ME?
    What exactly are you so angry about?

The fact that we haven't signed a "proven player of calibre" (whatever the **** that means:rolleyes:) yet? Please tell me what other big team has made a big signing 2 weeks before the transfer window has opened and before the last game of the season has even been played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    What exactly are you so angry about?

The fact that we haven't signed a "proven player of calibre" (whatever the **** that means:rolleyes:) yet? Please tell me what other big team has made a big signing 2 weeks before the transfer window has opened and before the last game of the season has even been played.
    Do you think podolski and giroud are big top signings?

How much have they improved our team? Oh that's right, they haven't because we are doing just as bad as last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    This is just my view, doubt it'll be a popular one but I'm not too bothered:

We DID replace RVP. With the money we got from selling him and Song, we spent roughly the same amount on Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud. This is all their first season at Arsenal and they have pretty much the same goals and assists between them that RVP got. Our cups runs were similar to last season and our points total in the league will be even more than last season if we win our final game. We've scored a similar amount of goals to last season and have an impressive defensive record (we have had Mannone in goal for a few months, andre santos at left back for a while, Arteta as a DM despite not being played there before, Vermaelen with more individual defensive mistakes leading to goals more than any other CB in thee league and Sagna being out of form for most of the season). So, we have replaced RVP in terms of the season we had under him and the goals scored with him.

Of course, this is the point when you say we should have replaced RVp with someone who would have done a better job than last season, right? I have a dictionary that says replacement means "the replacement for someone or something is the person or thing that takes their place". Financially and goals and assists-wise, that has been Giroud/Poldi/Cazorla.

Something I also think is interesting is that there's a thread in the football forum where people predicted the league positions at the start of this season. Although most said we'd be 4th, many also said we'd be 5th/6th because they didn't think wed be able to cope with the loss of RVP.

As for your other point that you're thinking about supporting another team - if you honestly feel that way then no-ones forcing you to stay, that statement just makes you look like a complete plastic. Criticising Arsenal is one thing but saying you won't support them anymore just because we apparently didn't replace RVP is a laughably embarrassing thing to say. Jesus christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I'm definitely not complaining

Young and has good potential - if it works out great!, if it doesn't then does it really matter seeing how little he cost?

I personally think he could be a fantastic player for us but what worries me are his injuries
    Exactly. I might try and look into what's been the cause of his injuries as he's only 20 so it could just have been bad luck so far.
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :ditto: Great post. I have no idea why some people are getting so worked up (thought this isn't really directed at people on here, I think the reaction here has been much more reasonable than some other places ).
    Thanks.

Not sure if you will remember, but I used to always tell you I thought Jernade Meade was one of the top youth prospects at Arsenal -he was released a few days ago a long with several others Quite surprising, still think he can do well elsewhere. When you look at the large amount of youth players we released, hopefully it means the next lot for 13/14 will be a great bunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    This is just my view, doubt it'll be a popular one but I'm not too bothered:

We DID replace RVP. With the money we got from selling him and Song, we spent roughly the same amount on Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud. This is all their first season at Arsenal and they have pretty much the same goals and assists between them that RVP got. Our cups runs were similar to last season and our points total in the league will be even more than last season if we win our final game. We've scored a similar amount of goals to last season and have an impressive defensive record (we have had Mannone in goal for a few months, andre santos at left back for a while, Arteta as a DM despite not being played there before, Vermaelen with more individual defensive mistakes leading to goals more than any other CB in thee league and Sagna being out of form for most of the season). So, we have replaced RVP in terms of the season we had under him and the goals scored with him.

Of course, this is the point when you say we should have replaced RVp with someone who would have done a better job than last season, right? I have a dictionary that says replacement means "the replacement for someone or something is the person or thing that takes their place". Financially and goals and assists-wise, that has been Giroud/Poldi/Cazorla.

Something I also think is interesting is that there's a thread in the football forum where people predicted the league positions at the start of this season. Although most said we'd be 4th, many also said we'd be 5th/6th because they didn't think wed be able to cope with the loss of RVP.

As for your other point that you're thinking about supporting another team - if you honestly feel that way then no-ones forcing you to stay, that statement just makes you look like a complete plastic. Criticising Arsenal is one thing but saying you won't support them anymore just because we apparently didn't replace RVP is a laughably embarrassing thing to say. Jesus christ.
    Shouldn't the clubs objectives to place higher than the previous season, and not simply to exist in 4/5 all season? What's the point?

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in selling our best players every season?

Exactly. I might try and look into what's been the cause of his injuries as he's only 20 so it could just have been bad luck so far.
    As far as cause is concerned, he suffered a double-fracture to his tibia in the 2010-11 season (I think it was - meaning he's have been about 17 at the time) so it's hardly surprising that he's had a couple of recurring problems since then! Hopefully the worst is well behind him now.

Thanks.

Not sure if you will remember, but I used to always tell you I thought Jernade Meade was one of the top youth prospects at Arsenal -he was released a few days ago a long with several others Quite surprising, still think he can do well elsewhere. When you look at the large amount of youth players we released, hopefully it means the next lot for 13/14 will be a great bunch.
    I do remember - and that sucks. I know I said I wasn't too sure about him and that we really needed to see more of him before judging, but I've always been very keen to see academy products flourish with us. We've got a number of youngsters with a fair amount of hype around them at the moment, though - like most seasons, but still :ninja: - so there's cause to be optimistic yet! I do hope the likes of Afobe and Aneke get the chance to at least become squad players rather than being moved on immediately, though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    It's the price you pay for being self sustainable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    because we choose to do this.........

ReputationRep:
    One of the reasons Meade was released was probably because there is no chance of him breaking into the team. He was a tidy little player though so I'm sad at that news. But anyway, is it just me or has LB because a much more promising position? Nacho is 27 and Gibbs is 23, sorted for the next 5 years at least imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Shouldn't the clubs objectives to place higher than the previous season, and not simply to exist in 4/5 all season? What's the point?
    Realistically, when you consider how our finances are compared to the Top 3, as well as RVP (our captain and probably one of the top 10 players in the world), how were we ever going to compete for the league?

Imo this is what I want for next season:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1. New striker - dreamland would be Cavani, however that's unrealistic as (a) he probably has better options available and (b) not sure what'd happen to our wage structure. Others also out there though e.g. Aubemayaung, Jovetic, Bony, Dzeko, etc. With new Emirates and Puma deals we'll have the money available for the first time available since 05.

2. Loan out: Miquel, Bellerin, Gervinho, Martinez, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Yennaris and maybe even AOC. I reckon they'd all benefit from playing time elsewhere.

3. Buy a RB - love Sagna but he's cost us points this season and it looks like he's leaving. Jenks is good but nowhere near ready to be our first choice RB.

4. Slap Walcott and tell him to stop with this striker nonsense. He's an excellent winger and he gets better every season but he's not a striker ffs - he gets more goals/assists from the wing

5. Buy a 4th choice CB - injuries can happen and if Mert and Kosc got injured at the same tme we need to be prepared

6. Crazy Jens is currently earning his coaching badges and has come to train with Szcz a few times already - so when he qualifies we ned to sign him up!

7. Get rid of deadwood (we all know who)

8. Kidnap Fabregas

9. Buy a DM - Arteta is good but can't see him getting any better. Wanyama, maybe?

10. Win FA/League Cup - something we could've done this season, definitely doable

11. Offer Wenger a new contract

12. 75-80 points in PL - we wont win, but hopefully at one point in the season we can look like contenders (bit optimistic here!)

Bit optimistic obviously, but for me that's my dream season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    because we choose to do this.........
    We don't choose to do this, the club does! Which is why I am angry!

It's disappointing we have no ambition yet have the highest ticket prices

Why shouldn't I have a right to be angry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    One of the reasons Meade was released was probably because there is no chance of him breaking into the team. He was a tidy little player though so I'm sad at that news. But anyway, is it just me or has LB because a much more promising position? Nacho is 27 and Gibbs is 23, sorted for the next 5 years at least imo.
    Yeah can see your point, LB standard is very good atm. He's only 5'3 so I wondered if that's why he was released? At least he'll always be able to say he was part of that crazy 7-5 v Reading in the League Cup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    As far as cause is concerned, he suffered a double-fracture to his tibia in the 2010-11 season (I think it was - meaning he's have been about 17 at the time) so it's hardly surprising that he's had a couple of recurring problems since then! Hopefully the worst is well behind him now.

I do remember - and that sucks. I know I said I wasn't too sure about him and that we really needed to see more of him before judging, but I've always been very keen to see academy products flourish with us. We've got a number of youngsters with a fair amount of hype around them at the moment, though - like most seasons, but still :ninja: - so there's cause to be optimistic yet! I do hope the likes of Afobe and Aneke get the chance to at least become squad players rather than being moved on immediately, though. :yep:
    Zelalem, Akpom, Gnabry, Bellerin and Yennaris are the ones to look out for next season. Difficult to say with Eisfeld as he's not getting any younger so he should be in League Cup games/sub option next season otherwise he'll just be sold or released. I get a pay rise in November so i'm going to start going to more games and hopefully more reserve games to get a better look at our young players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

By we I meant the club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, when you consider how our finances are compared to the Top 3, as well as RVP (our captain and probably one of the top 10 players in the world), how were we ever going to compete for the league?

Imo this is what I want for next season:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1. New striker - dreamland would be Cavani, however that's unrealistic as (a) he probably has better options available and (b) not sure what'd happen to our wage structure. Others also out there though e.g. Aubemayaung, Jovetic, Bony, Dzeko, etc. With new Emirates and Puma deals we'll have the money available for the first time available since 05.

2. Loan out: Miquel, Bellerin, Gervinho, Martinez, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Yennaris and maybe even AOC. I reckon they'd all benefit from playing time elsewhere.

3. Buy a RB - love Sagna but he's cost us points this season and it looks like he's leaving. Jenks is good but nowhere near ready to be our first choice RB.

4. Slap Walcott and tell him to stop with this striker nonsense. He's an excellent winger and he gets better every season but he's not a striker ffs - he gets more goals/assists from the wing

5. Buy a 4th choice CB - injuries can happen and if Mert and Kosc got injured at the same tme we need to be prepared

6. Crazy Jens is currently earning his coaching badges and has come to train with Szcz a few times already - so when he qualifies we ned to sign him up!

7. Get rid of deadwood (we all know who)

8. Kidnap Fabregas

9. Buy a DM - Arteta is good but can't see him getting any better. Wanyama, maybe?

10. Win FA/League Cup - something we could've done this season, definitely doable

11. Offer Wenger a new contract

12. 75-80 points in PL - we wont win, but hopefully at one point in the season we can look like contenders (bit optimistic here!)

Bit optimistic obviously, but for me that's my dream season.
    Love 4, think 12 will just about happen. If you can wipe off the likes of norwich next season away and at home, you should be able to get more points. Just goes to show how good the top teams/title race is gonna be next season if we're looking at the top 4 getting 80 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

I you ever been to an arsenal away game? You would realise its not just arsenal charging high ticket prices. It happens at every PL team. Fans at meetings complained about ticket prices and the board has responded. Ticket prices have been frozen and wont increase plus the new 20 quid ticket scheme for teenagers come into effect next season. It may be minimal but its progress

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching bbc 3? Eboues first game for arsenal... :ahee::ahee:
    So hilariously ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Love 4, think 12 will just about happen. If you can wipe off the likes of norwich next season away and at home, you should be able to get more points. Just goes to show how good the top teams/title race is gonna be next season if we're looking at the top 4 getting 80 points.
    I reckon we could have won the league cup this season had we not come up against the likes of world class Bradford We haven't had a problem scoring goals, but Mannone, Andre Santos, Sagna and Vermaelen have all made errors that cost us points. 6 goals conceded against us were the result of Vermaelens defensive errors alone, more than any other CB in the league!

Contrast that with now where we've only conceded 1 goal from open play (v Reading) since the Spurs defeat nearly 10 games ago! Also we've got the most points in the league since Fenruary 1st. We get quality DM and someone like Jovetic quality-wise as a striker we'll be a very good team next season.

Chelsea though...jesus. If what Benitez says is true (about Mourinho likely being back and £100m to spend in the summer) then teams will really have the fear factor playing against you they did like before.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.