Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times.
    Depends on the subject, for English it's 6 places! Every time I see 1 new email I get butterflies!

Quick question - one of my references has been added and the second has just accepted the request, but it doesn't say anything about it on UCAS? It just says the last thing that was done was the first reference was added; should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Depends on the subject, for English it's 6 places! Every time I see 1 new email I get butterflies!

Quick question - one of my references has been added and the second has just accepted the request, but it doesn't say anything about it on UCAS? It just says the last thing that was done was the first reference was added; should I be worried?
    Ah, I'm applying for Primary, so that explains it.

I don't think you should be worried. Emails are always more reliable than UCAS, which famously only updates a few times a day. Keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it doesn't change, maybe contact UCAS. But at this stage I wouldn't be worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boblouise1993)
    hello jeffercake

was this for the teaching alliance in bradford by any chance? it sounds similar to the interview i have this week.

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous!
    Hi!
    No it wasn't at Bradford, I'm afraid!
    Don't be nervous though, if it's anything like mine, it will have a great atmosphere. They were all very friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm applying for Primary, so that explains it.

I don't think you should be worried. Emails are always more reliable than UCAS, which famously only updates a few times a day. Keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it doesn't change, maybe contact UCAS. But at this stage I wouldn't be worried.
    Good plan, time to chill out! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrrghhjkgghjbnkljhi.

That is how I feel!

I keep getting butterflies over emails but feeling desperate now! I haven't had so much as an acknowledgements for the two emails I have sent my referee in the last 24 hours and am getting quite upset. I want to apply to Durham for Secondary English, but am getting really stressed waiting, since I completed my application form as soon as I could access it. I do have options of school direct places elsewhere that haven't opened yet if the course closes, but I'd at least like to try my chances...

I know my reference has a life, and understand people reminding us about this, but I asked for this reference in September and warned him everytime I had news about the application date etc. English is so competitive, and I just don't want to wonder 'what if' if I end up being too late for my choices....

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting anxious, I have stress related IBS and am going insane haha!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, my last referee emailed yesterday saying she would do it today and I am checking my emails every other minute. I just want as much time as possible to prepare if I get interviews before Christmas!! And I gave her so much information and warning about dates and urgency etc.

ReputationRep:
    I had an unsuccessful from my second choice yesterday. Bit gutted but it wasnt unexpected as I know lots of people who have applied previously and not been successful at getting an interview. Its a scitt course. Anyway, have brushed myself off and hoping to hear from choices 1 and 3 shortly.

Good luck to all those with interviews lined up.

Ros

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovescience01)
    I'm the same, my last referee emailed yesterday saying she would do it today and I am checking my emails every other minute. I just want as much time as possible to prepare if I get interviews before Christmas!! And I gave her so much information and warning about dates and urgency etc.

It's horrible isn't it! I sent an email this morning saying my first choice is likely to close, and had nothing...

Tried ringing the uni just now, but think office hours closed, as couldn't get through so will have to try tomorrow. I tried to revise my numeracy today but feel very worked up and on edge!

December is definitely not getting off to a good start...

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on my 2nd reference which is very stressful.

Does anyone know if the 2 week rule for closing courses actually includes the Thursday as a full day or is Wednesday the last day to have references submitted??

I'm applying for history at edge hill, liverpool and Manchester and I'm in a panic that they will all close on Thursday.

Edge Hill is my 1st choice as it is round the corner from me so really keen to get it in before they potentially close and fill up all the places!

ReputationRep:
    Second referee finally got back to me but said they're having problems submitting it..! Hopefully they can work it out this evening and I can finally get my application in..! This has been the longest 10days ever..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im getting really nervous reading everyones post. I have not heard a thing yet. I hope no news is good news

ReputationRep:
    I finally got my application sent off this afternoon. Been waiting on a second referee who still hasn't got back to me but had an offer from someone else to write it for me instead. They had it done within an hour of me registering them so definitely a weight off my mind!
    Applying for Durham, Cumbria at Lancaster and Pallister Park which didn't open till yesterday anyway so could have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got Primary interviews for Gloucestershire or Chichester next week? Very nervous! Also has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa? Haven't heard anything from them

ReputationRep:
    Hi Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I'm applying for pgce secondary maths at uni of Birmingham, Nottingham and Warwick, anyone applying?

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent today! Anyone heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex for Primary PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kk2k13)
    Finally sent today! Anyone heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex for Primary PGCE?
    Nothing just yet, I've applied for those three too

ReputationRep:
    it is so annoying that you have to wait for the referees to finish writing a reference for you before you can send off an application! how annoying and stressing! we should all make a petition to change the application system because people are losing their chances to get their chosen university placements!!!!!

sorry for the rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ros1978)
    I had an unsuccessful from my second choice yesterday. Bit gutted but it wasnt unexpected as I know lots of people who have applied previously and not been successful at getting an interview. Its a scitt course. Anyway, have brushed myself off and hoping to hear from choices 1 and 3 shortly.

Good luck to all those with interviews lined up.

Ros
    Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your others though, I'm sure there will be an offer in those.

(Original post by becky220692)
    Hi Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I'm applying for pgce secondary maths at uni of Birmingham, Nottingham and Warwick, anyone applying?
    Hi! Welcome... I'm for Notts too for English. Haven't sent yet thanks to a late reference, but thankfully haven't seen anyone posting about any interview offers etc from them so it seems they aren't jumping any guns.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    A word of warning to some of you waiting on references - all of the examples posted on here come across as whiney and self-important. I appreciate it is very stressful (I felt terrible waiting for mine) but make sure to put yourself across professionally. A quick e-mail saying you just wanted to check if you'd received the request as some people have been seeing it go straight into junk is fine, as if one follow-up mentioning that the course can close on thursday. But if I was being constantly badgered, I really wouldn't want to write any sort of reference for you, especially a nice one.

(Original post by la terreur 89)
    Can anyone explain the credit/module bit on the UCAS application form? Or is that only for people who have studied with the Open University?
    They want the relative weighting of the modules in your degree - give everything as a percentage.

I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times.
    Both of my referees didn't accept until they were submitting the reference, so don't let that worry you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Good plan, time to chill out! :cool:
    Hi, I am gonna send my UCAS application form so now I need to wait for my referees to write the references can I do the tests now while my referees write my references?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.