Turn on thread page Beta

The 13/14 NBA Season Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow didn't see Miami being in this position after 4 games. They're pretty much done. The Spurs have played terrifically this series though.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs will lose game 5.

Because refs.

ReputationRep:
    Utterly disappointed with Miami Heat. Shades of Lebron back in '07, where he is the only one who decides to turn up.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, didn't manage to stay up this time, sort of glad as the game was a blowout, but I just looked at the box score, wtf Wade.

Lebron got 0 in the fourth as well? He's frustrating as hell to watch.

Hi, Bye, See you next season...

******************************** ******************************** *******************************

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Wow, didn't manage to stay up this time, sort of glad as the game was a blowout, but I just looked at the box score, wtf Wade.

Lebron got 0 in the fourth as well? He's frustrating as hell to watch.
    He can only do so much carrying especially when the whole team including himself are playing mediocre defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He can only do so much carrying especially when the whole team including himself are playing mediocre defence.
    I do agree with you in sense that we can only do so much, however he is expected to 'save' every game because of his portrayal.

IMO, you have to tip your hats off to the Spurs. They were excellent and their offensive and defensive plays were flowing nicely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Agreed, he just seems so passive sometimes though which is why I find him frustrating too watch. He'll have some ridiculous good quarter, and you're thinking he should kick on to either close the gap if they're losing (like they have been in the last two) or open up a gap, but he'll come out in the next quarter and barely attempt any shots and try and facilitate for everyone else instead. I just don;t understand that mindset when the rest of your teammates are struggling really bad, especially in a game like basketball where it's much easier for an individual to dominate a game offensively.

I'll probably come across a bit contradictory because he obviously can't win it completely on his own, but he should take a bulk of the load when the rest of his teammates are stuggling

0 points in the 4th quarter yesterday after a 19 point 3rd quarter. It was something similar in the game before after he had a big quarter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Totally off the topic of game 3 but can someone explain how the nets get away being so far over the salary cap? Wouldn't the league veto trades and not allow them to sign free agents? I know it's just a game but on 2k14 the game won't allow you to go over the salary cap and I thought the league would do the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is no hard salary cap in the NBA you can go as far over as you want but you have to pay luxury tax which is why most teams don't but the Nets owner don't care at all, how Brooklyn got so high over is to do with bird rights if you wanna look that up but basically 2k is inaccurate in this respect. The NBA don't care probably because it generates **** loads of luxury tax and its not like its done Brooklyn that much good collecting albatross contracts

ReputationRep:
    Well done Spurs.

Bosh and Wade weren't playing at a high level and as we all know, no one can win a championship by themselves (LeBron).

Out of all the play-off teams this year, I think Heat have to have one of the worst benches, Cole, Oden, Haslem, Jones, Battier, Anderson, Douglas.

Chalmers, maybe its time Cole gets a chance at starting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Well done Spurs.

Bosh and Wade weren't playing at a high level and as we all know, no one can win a championship by themselves (LeBron).

Out of all the play-off teams this year, I think Heat have to have one of the worst benches, Cole, Oden, Haslem, Jones, Battier, Anderson, Douglas.

Chalmers, maybe its time Cole gets a chance at starting?
    Birdman is playing **** this season.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone keep comparing LeBron to Jordan, Magic or Bird?

ESPN have constantly stating that LeBron is becoming the new Jordan or is at least the Jordan of his era.

I am annoyed of why today's generation players are compared to previous ones.

Every player is unique and no two players will ever be the same.

No one will be the next Jordan, Magic or Bird. In the following 15 years they will be comparing players to LeBron. No one will be the next LeBron.

Apologies if this sounds like a rant!

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping it goes to game 6 at least because I have an exam on Monday so there's no way I can stay up to watch game 5 the night before

That's literally the only reason I want heat to win the game 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Birdman is playing **** this season.
    He was **** anyway. The team is LBJ, if he plays bad the heat plays bad. A 6th man or a bench player fills minimal influence in a championship series. If you can tell me on championship series that had an MVP with an idiot like him, then I will eat my own words. Stop costing the little boy money on the heat.

(Original post by SloaneRanger)
    He was **** anyway. The team is LBJ, if he plays bad the heat plays bad. A 6th man or a bench player fills minimal influence in a championship series. If you can tell me on championship series that had an MVP with an idiot like him, then I will eat my own words. Stop costing the little boy money on the heat.
    A sixth man or a bench has minimal influence? Are you mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    A sixth man or a bench has minimal influence? Are you mad?
    No, the Heat bench have been statistically useless. Hence why they are going for Carmelo Anthony. As I said if you can tell me one 6th man that has got an MVP, I will eat my words. To win championships, your MVP has to stand out, just like Kobe and MJ.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...-yielding.html

(Original post by SloaneRanger)
    No, the Heat bench have been statistically useless. Hence why they are going for Carmelo Anthony. As I said if you can tell me one 6th man that has got an MVP, I will eat my words. To win championships, your MVP has to stand out, just like Kobe and MJ.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...-yielding.html
    If you mean the heat bench, then yes they are useless. But if you mean that as a general statement that "the bench and the sixth man are useless" then you are utterly wrong. It was because of Harden (a 6th man) the thunder beat the spurs two years ago.

No 6th man has own MVP, but they are essential. Were it not for Ray Allen last year, heat would have lost. Same goes for Mike miller

You MVP does not have to stand out. Tell me who on the Spur's team this year and last year was "MVP"? Last year, until game 6, 4 different spur's players could have won MVP. The Spurs are a prime example that you don't necessarily need a standout, you need to play a team game. Lebron right now is head and shoulders above the heat team, but they are losing. In fact even in a losing series he is standing out.

ReputationRep:
    If the Heat win tonight doe. Then game 6 on their home floor ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    If you mean the heat bench, then yes they are useless. But if you mean that as a general statement that "the bench and the sixth man are useless" then you are utterly wrong. It was because of Harden (a 6th man) the thunder beat the spurs two years ago.

No 6th man has own MVP, but they are essential. Were it not for Ray Allen last year, heat would have lost. Same goes for Mike miller

You MVP does not have to stand out. Tell me who on the Spur's team this year and last year was "MVP"? Last year, until game 6, 4 different spur's players could have won MVP. The Spurs are a prime example that you don't necessarily need a standout, you need to play a team game. Lebron right now is head and shoulders above the heat team, but they are losing. In fact even in a losing series he is standing out.
    True dat

(Original post by Simon Adebisi)
    If the Heat win tonight doe. Then game 6 on their home floor ....
    this literally is the only positive

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.