Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulanoctis)
    Does anyone have tips for what to expect for a Jones Day or Weil interview?
    Jones Day interview varies, it is generally testing whether you'd fit the culture/ethos of the firm. My interview felt like less of a chat than some others, but I think it depends on your interviewers. The interview focused on my cover letter, and current topical issues.

Have strong reasons for why you're attracted to the non-rotational TC and make sure you're commercially aware. Be able to articulate why JD and not some other firms/know the area where they really excel.

ReputationRep:
    If the deadline for a test is 'midnight on Monday 9 February 2015' would this be midnight tonight (Sunday-Monday) or midnight tomorrow night (Monday-Tuesday)? I wish HR would start using 23:59, it makes things a hundred times easier.

ReputationRep:
    On this application form, it says "What connections do you have to the area? Please give details".

Does it mean what connections I have to the firm's location?

How long do they expect this to be?

ReputationRep:
    Also, having a bit of trouble on this question:

In the ever-changing legal sector, our firm is committed to providing the highest level of client care. Giving one or more examples, how do you think we can ensure we deliver an exceptional client experience?

I'm not sure what it's testing me on here. Commercial awareness? Knowledge of the firm? Do I draw in my own personal experiences or no?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)

In the ever-changing legal sector, our firm is committed to providing the highest level of client care. Giving one or more examples, how do you think we can ensure we deliver an exceptional client experience?

I'm not sure what it's testing me on here. Commercial awareness? Knowledge of the firm? Do I draw in my own personal experiences or no?
    It's about knowledge of the firm. Nothing about you is needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Was So Funny!)
    rejection from Slaughter and May yesterday
    If you don't mind me asking, rejection post interview or post application?

ReputationRep:

I'm completing that application too - what I'm trying to do is focus on the firm and what they can actually do to ensure they continue their reputation in CS. Try to avoid the generic answers that could be copy and pasted to all firms. They prob want to know you've done your research on them and tie your examples back to your research.

ReputationRep:
    On this application form, it says "What connections do you have to the area? Please give details".

Does it mean what connections I have to the firm's location?

How long do they expect this to be?
    Is this an actual application question or is it just a little section under what office you are applying to?

Connections would be specific to the area of their office. For example if you chose London, did you go to school/uni there? Do you live there? Do you intend to relocate? Any family connections?

as to length of answer, it depends whether it is an application question or a little section under office choice. Either way I don't think it's necessary to write a lot- I normally write a simple sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell post video interview?
    Not heard yet either

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the DWF video interview glad its done but felt I waffled at times :/

ReputationRep:
    Is it a bad idea to do my video interview at my desk in my room with my bed etc behind me as long as everythings tidy or does it look unprofessional? :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Is it a bad idea to do my video interview at my desk in my room with my bed etc behind me as long as everythings tidy or does it look unprofessional? :P
    No, that's not a problem at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know whether DWF is competency based/ why DWF or more commercial focused? The email hinted at commercial issues.... Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just had mine too.. If u want to dm to see if we had the same questions feel free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Just completed the DWF video interview glad its done but felt I waffled at times :/
    Just had mine too.. If u want to dm to see if we had the same questions feel free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone passed a video interview where they have messed up one question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Anyone passed a video interview where they have messed up one question?
    i'd love to know this too because i'm sure i botched one of my KWM video interview questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    i'd love to know this too because i'm sure i botched one of my KWM video interview questions
    They must accept people are nervous. I didn't answer the second part of the question but my other answers were fine. Let's hope they look past this!

ReputationRep:
    i'm sitting here waiting to begin my video interview but a) i can't feel ready because seeing myself seems too distracting i feel like i'd freeze when asked the questions and b) my connection keeps dropping every 5 seconds !!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done a Hill Dickinson or DWF video interview. I just did my DWF one and it was nerveracking. not so much the questions, just me being nervous. does anyone know what HD will be asking for, I hope i can prepare better for that one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.