Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait till Thursday/Friday 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Tell me about it. Only in week 1/4 of my final 4 weeks though so not expecting any movements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you will receive a disadvantage for applying a job in the uk when u r an international student? Will they discriminate you in any means? Asian, perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im into the last week of my 4 week email
    Hoping for the best, please no further 4 week emails LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Is it also your last week?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Accounting and Finance applicants? Any news...? i am on my first of my 4 week wait (survived the 2, 8, +2 Xmas waits!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDothraki)

(Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Tell me about it. Only in week 1/4 of my final 4 weeks though so not expecting any movements

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! It's my 2nd so I too am not expectant yet I'm sure I'll still be sat on my email from 1-5pm!!

(Original post by TheDothraki)
    Nah it's my 2nd, good luck to you with your last week though, what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm a prospective applicant for the next cycle. Do any of the development MSc folks mind sharing their profiles?

Especially in MSc Social Policy and Development and MSc Political Economy of Late Development?

Thanks a bunch Good luck to everyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    A&F international applicant here, into the 7/8 week. =(

ReputationRep:
    King's College War Studies and History vs LSE Government and History...
    any ideas of which i should be choosing???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelsohphia)
    I have offers from KCL and LSE too! you should look carefully and see the curriculum of each and whether or not YOU would enjoy and/or benefit from. Also, look at the social aspect both and see which one you like more. Honestly, it's all your choice and they're both ranked pretty highly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    I have offers from KCL and LSE too! you should look carefully and see the curriculum of each and whether or not YOU would enjoy and/or benefit from. Also, look at the social aspect both and see which one you like more. Honestly, it's all your choice and they're both ranked pretty highly.
    Unless there are exceptional reasons, you don't turn down a place at LSE, one of the very few institutions in the UK that can compete with Oxbridge in many subjects.The LSE brand is well respected by Harvard, the Senate, the Pentagon etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelsohphia)
    Tough choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blitzkrieg15)
    Unless there are exceptional reasons, you don't turn down a place at LSE, one of the very few institutions in the UK that can compete with Oxbridge in many subjects.The LSE brand is well respected by Harvard, the Senate, the Pentagon etc.
    I'm American and I can assure you that KCL is well known as an overseas institution which is also respected by institutions like the Pentagon. At the end of the day, both are very highly regarded overseas. When you choose where you want to study, you should choose it based on which institution and its offerings benefit you the most and your choice shouldn't be based on something along the lines of "X institution is two spots higher than Y this year on Z rankings.

Anyways, at the end of the day, it's really all up to the OP. Both are good schools and both should be considered and examined on an equal level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm American and I can assure you that KCL is well known as an overseas institution which is also respected by institutions like the Pentagon. At the end of the day, both are very highly regarded overseas. When you choose where you want to study, you should choose it based on which institution and its offerings benefit you the most and your choice shouldn't be based on something along the lines of "X institution is two spots higher than Y this year on Z rankings.
    KCL is elite, LSE is super elite. That is how we view both in the UK. As I said, you don't turn down LSE if offered a place. It goes far deeper than just league tables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blitzkrieg15)
    KCL is elite, LSE is super elite. That is how we view both in the UK. As I said, you don't turn down LSE if offered a place. It goes far deeper than just league tables.
    No offense, but you really haven't demonstrated why it goes deeper than league tables. All you've really done is say, "Choose LSE; It's well-respected."

Im not trying to say Kings is better than LSE, but I think it's pretty important that people thoroughly research where they attend because I've seen a LOT of "I hate LSE ppl r so boring and shizz" threads, and they stem from people who clearly just chose where they want to study based on some odd perception of prestige and they don't know what they're getting into.

ReputationRep:
    No offense, but you really haven't demonstrated why it goes deeper than league tables. All you've really done is say, "Choose LSE; It's well-respected."

Im not trying to say Kings is better than LSE, but I think it's pretty important that people thoroughly research where they attend because I've seen a LOT of "I hate LSE ppl r so boring and shizz" threads, and they stem from people who clearly just chose where they want to study based on some odd perception of prestige and they don't know what they're getting into.
    I think you are getting upset by the fact that you think I don't value KCL, which is incorrect. LSE is widely regarded in the UK as a solid top 3-4 institution overall. It is a very small institution, but nevertheless there should be plenty of scope to meet like-minded people. KCL is actually based virtually next door in Holborn.

There is plenty of material on the web to back up that LSE is one of the very best in the World, I need not explain anything here. The fact that you haven't appreciated this more is worrying.

The other thing is, students complain about every university to some degree, namely just how immature UK students can be. LSE seems to have a better perception in this regard compared to many other leading universities.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any applicants for Economic History? I havent encountered a lot of Econ History applicants, so it'd be super nice if someone else is an Economic History applicant too!

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys, sorry for derailing the thread.
    Are there any applicants for Economic History? I havent encountered a lot of Econ History applicants, so it'd be super nice if someone else is an Economic History applicant too!
    Ah, I see you are being sensible now, and keeping the academic nature in the spotlight rather than ''LSE students are boring'' hearsay, or the notion that LSE students get tricked into going there, that you brought up abruptly earlier. Good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm an Economic History applicant as well. Got my four week email on Monday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.