ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyA)
    I just sat my ukcat and got

VR:700
    QR:650
    AR:830
    DA:600 ()
    B1

Which averages me at 695. Is it worth applying to Warwick?

I got 712.5 last year and got accepted into Warwick and Barts but had to decline for family and finical reasons. Had a lot of personal things going on the last few months and working over full time hours so really didn't have the time to prepare so I'm pretty gutted.
    In your position, I would certainly give Warwick a try, particularly with such a good VR score,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan_notfox)
    Hi,

Not sure which universities to apply to with my UKCAT score:

VR: 610
    QR: 790
    AR: 640 (I usually average above 700 )
    DA: 700
    B2 ()

Originally I was thinking King's, Barts, and either Southampton or Newcastle. I might scratch King's out and just do the last three?

My 1st option is Oxford (hopefully with a good BMAT score, I can get an interview and try to do well in that too)

Graduated with an MSci from Imperial College with 2.1

A-level: A*A*AAA (Maths, Geography, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology)

Any help will be appreciated!
    Honesty, I don't think your UKCAT will be high enough for southampton or Newcastle, since they literally just rank all applicants on that basis and invite the top scorers- your otherwise excellent academics wouldn't help you.

Have you thought about Bristol? Or Birmingham? Both look highly on good academics (I think they will consider a high 2.1 although they prefer a 1st)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    Yeah, after a lot of hand wringing about which universities to pick :laugh:
    Haha Tell me about it! Where have you chosen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christyriot)
    Haha Tell me about it! Where have you chosen?
    Warwick, St George's, KCL and Manchester. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    Warwick, St George's, KCL and Manchester. How about you?
    Awesome I've gone for Warwick, Newcastle and Southampton. Then it's between KCL and Barts for number 4... I'm still undecided.. Maybe I'll see what the UKCAT averages are before I finalise my decision!! Are you going for GEM only or some 5 year courses as well? How have you found the application process in the previous cycles? Any interviews?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninalouise258)
    Oh awesome!! Are you still there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    Does any one know if Glasgow look at ukcat a lot or are they more lenient?Also do they prefer Scottish applicants over English? Thinking of putting their five year course down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found out today that for those doing the UKCAT you have to put it in the education section of your UCAS application. This information is from UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    Does any one know if Glasgow look at ukcat a lot or are they more lenient?Also do they prefer Scottish applicants over English? Thinking of putting their five year course down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This info is available on their website
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/d...ryrequirements
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicin...tudetestukcat/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christyriot)
    Awesome I've gone for Warwick, Newcastle and Southampton. Then it's between KCL and Barts for number 4... I'm still undecided.. Maybe I'll see what the UKCAT averages are before I finalise my decision!! Are you going for GEM only or some 5 year courses as well? How have you found the application process in the previous cycles? Any interviews?!
    I had the same dilemma between KCL and Barts! Manchester is my only 5 year choice.

My UKCAT scores weren't too great in the last two cycles, so I didn't get any interviews which is why I'm so much happier with my result this year. What about you? Any interviews in the previous cycles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    I found out today that for those doing the UKCAT you have to put it in the education section of your UCAS application. This information is from UCAS.
    can someone else confirm this? I tried to do it and it wasn't possible. Plus, the last time I applied to medical school, I didn't have to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackraven)
    can someone else confirm this? I tried to do it and it wasn't possible. Plus, the last time I applied to medical school, I didn't have to do it
    I was surprised by this, so i googled it, the general consensus was that you didnt need to, theres a whole thread on here about it but i cant renember where now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackraven)
    You don't have to do it. You enter your choices on the UKCAT website and they take care of it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninalouise258)
    Does anyone know how to enter MPhys Astrophysics on UCAS? Or what I should put for my PhD which is finished as far as being at university is concerned (I now have a post doc) but I'm redrafting and handing in before Christmas. Graduation won't be til next year (if I pass).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't put it in as complete - you don't have the PhD until you've graduated.

ReputationRep:
    Ive offically given up hope guys. Kings want 720 or they said dont both to me. Newcastle also emailed me saying without 730 i wont be conpetivie.

Then southamptons admisiions officer told ne to not waste my applivation as i had not got 730.

I feel like ive been shot three times. All my hopes lie on one uni now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yakisoba123)
    In the nicest way possible.. you will be rejected, by postgrad they mean have done a degree in a science subject first, like biomedical science or biology or chemistry etc, not just any random subject. I.E- Business. sorry
    sorry but that's not correct. Lots of uni's accept any degree topic including Newcastle, Nottingham and Southampton. There are plenty of others I just cba to look them up as it is not relevant to me (I have a science degree)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZKay)
    Thank you.
    I did terrible compared to last year! I knew it wasn't going to go well due to the big mess up. But my average dropped by 85! :/
    Can you tell this to the universities? That those organising your UKCAT messed up and as a result, it affected your result?

(Original post by JenniB22)
    Honesty, I don't think your UKCAT will be high enough for southampton or Newcastle, since they literally just rank all applicants on that basis and invite the top scorers- your otherwise excellent academics wouldn't help you.Have you thought about Bristol? Or Birmingham? Both look highly on good academics (I think they will consider a high 2.1 although they prefer a 1st)Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! For UKCAT unis, I've decided to go for Barts, King's and Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    Ive offically given up hope guys. Kings want 720 or they said dont both to me. Newcastle also emailed me saying without 730 i wont be conpetivie.

Then southamptons admisiions officer told ne to not waste my applivation as i had not got 730.

I feel like ive been shot three times. All my hopes lie on one uni now
    When did King's tell you this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    sorry but that's not correct. Lots of uni's accept any degree topic including Newcastle, Nottingham and Southampton. There are plenty of others I just cba to look them up as it is not relevant to me (I have a science degree)
    100% this, warwick is another, and business has lots of transferrable skills: organisation, time management, working under pressure, conflict resolution

ReputationRep:
    Also,

How do I add my university degree on UCAS... is it the same as adding A-levels? In the search box I typed in Master of Science and it came up with Degree (UK Masters). Is that okay? And I am not sure what to put in the Awarding Organisation section. Sorry for the silly questions!
    Also, do I have to put down every single module I did? Cheers!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.