Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Really happy - Today I accepted an offer of a funded PhD starting in October!
    Congratulations! I wish you great success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    i won't
    What do you want me to talk about then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shatmypants)
    What do you want me to talk about then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    anything you feel like, i am here to listen

ReputationRep:
    depressed and miserable. feel like i wanna die

ReputationRep:
    anything you feel like, i am here to listen
    Went to my GP today and I believe I was not treated as an individual patient, instead I was treated as a statistic. The GP was not caring, friendly or compassionate in any way. He didn't even look at me when we were speaking about my mental health conditions. I wonder how he got the job there, there was no emotion whatsoever. I felt very small and worse when I walked out than I did when I walked in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    depressed and miserable. feel like i wanna die
    Aww :hugs: What's up man?

ReputationRep:
    Went to my GP today and I believe I was not treated as an individual patient, instead I was treated as a statistic. The GP was not caring, friendly or compassionate in any way. He didn't even look at me when we were speaking about my mental health conditions. I wonder how he got the job there, there was no emotion whatsoever. I felt very small and worse when I walked out than I did when I walked in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    unfortunately this happens all to often in the medical profession, they just get you in talk for a bit and get you out without thinking about how it makes people feel. You deserve a GP who makes an effort with you. sorry to hear you had such a bad time of it.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately this happens all to often in the medical profession, they just get you in talk for a bit and get you out without thinking about how it makes people feel. You deserve a GP who makes an effort with you. sorry to hear you had such a bad time of it.
    It's complete rubbish. I want to make a complaint but I don't know how to go about it, because the receptionists are also quite rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's complete rubbish. I want to make a complaint but I don't know how to go about it, because the receptionists are also quite rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do they have a comments box at all?

ReputationRep:
    do they have a comments box at all?
    The receptionists go through it, so if they see my letter complaining about them alongside my GP, they'll probably bin it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The receptionists go through it, so if they see my letter complaining about them alongside my GP, they'll probably bin it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but at least you would have done something and maybe it will make the think about how they treat people

ReputationRep:
    but at least you would have done something and maybe it will make the think about how they treat people
    They'll think about it for 10 seconds and then they'll forget most likely. Why can't we have a world where everyone respects one another and treats them with kindness and love?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They'll think about it for 10 seconds and then they'll forget most likely. Why can't we have a world where everyone respects one another and treats them with kindness and love?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we can only dream of such a world, the best we can do is find those people who care about us and keep them around

ReputationRep:
    we can only dream of such a world, the best we can do is find those people who care about us and keep them around
    I hope to find them soon. Have you found them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope to find them soon. Have you found them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a few, at least you can talk about stuff with the people on tsr.

ReputationRep:
    a few, at least you can talk about stuff with the people on tsr.
    Strangers you mean? hopefully when I start uni this Sept/Oct I'll find good friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strangers you mean? hopefully when I start uni this Sept/Oct I'll find good friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hopefully you do, good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    hopefully you do, good luck to you
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can i ask you something?

ReputationRep:
    can i ask you something?
    Go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.