Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    What cells make red blood cell and the location.
    I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver[/QUOTE]

stem cells in the bone marrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ;[url="tel:56744243")
    56744243[/url]]We all wasted a lot of time learning an awful lot of content that they didn't seem to care one bit about. Nothing on any actual biology! Though apparently F211 was like this, and I redid F212 and I can tell you it was all pretty straightforward and recall, so hopefully F215 will make up for it! Last year it was 63=A and 78/79= 100%UMS at an approximation!
    Last years paper was soooo nice compared to this one too! Less worried now because I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries will be very low. Wonder what f215 will be like? T_T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annnnnnnn)
    Hope this year is similar, I think I got about 49-52 and I want an a*
    I think I could be on 52-54, but i need 100% UMS for an A* since my school messed up my practicals, so I've worked really hard for it! Hopefully it is about 40 for the A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza3256)
    What cells make red blood cell and the location.
    I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver[/QUOTE]

Stem cells, bone marrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuniorXX)
    Mineralocortcoids... is that cortex or adrenal cortex. Is cortex ok?
    I wrote cortex

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ojstratton)
    For the question on why dextrose is added to the dialysis fluid, was the answer to reduce its water potential so that its isotonic with the blood and prevent haemolysis?
    That's what I put!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentjack)
    If anyone's doing an unofficial mark scheme I'm happy to help out
    I am too, problem is I can't remember all the questions, Im going to try now though.

Send the questions in if you know them guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    how is it (B)MBM???? I put MSM, or something i defo put only sensory for the thing that connects to synapse?
    Same! I thought I was the only one who wrote MSM :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffledchick)
    I did the same for anaerobic respiration, there wasn't much more to mention
    Argh completely forgot about the voltage gated channels and myelinated, would I just get three marks for mentioning, axon, dendrites and cell body?
    Yeah I think so, don't really understand the point in the question as it seems to be almost obvious in how they are similar? No idea what else there would be to mention so yeah seems like 3 valid points in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Yh I wrote positive feedback and something else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you know what the pathogen q was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ;[url="tel:56744583")
    56744583[/url]]I think I could be on 52-54, but i need 100% UMS for an A* since my school messed up my practicals, so I've worked really hard for it! Hopefully it is about 40 for the A!
    Oh Mann! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    Yh I wrote positive feedback and something else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guessed this and just said calcium ion channels remain open for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellie97)
    i said positive feedback too! total guess
    I don't think it was +ve feed back becuase the beta cells are not a target tissue of insulin. I thought it was a subtle hint at the refractory period in action potentials so said it took time for calcium ions to be pumped out of the membrane and potassium ions to re-establish the resting p.d.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember what I wrote sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thequackingduck)
    I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver
    I wrote that then changed it to stem cells; bone marrow right at the end. Kupffer cells break them down, not make them.[/QUOTE]

in my book it says that it recycles RBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory_lee_x)
    I said that the ATP hadn't yet been hydrolysed so it was still making the potassium ion channels remain closed so ca2+ still came in etc etc
    I said this. I also said it takes time to metabolise the glucose into ATP so the process still continues for a bit longer even after the glucose concentrations in the blood fall.

ReputationRep:
    ANAEROBIC QUESTION, anyway go on about how reduced NAD gives hydrogen atoms to pyruvate to form lactate whereas in aerobic its carried along the stages to oxidative phos to make more ATP?????????

ReputationRep:
    Tough paper imo, maybe like 42/3 for an A? The dialysis section tho m8m8m8m8m8

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what the pathogen question was

ReputationRep:
    Pathogen causes fever, which is increase in body temperature.

Why does fever cause shivering.

Now shivering increases body temperature further so that's not the reason. This question was so difficult! I put shivering means increased respiration to produce more ATP to for protein synthesis to produce antibodies to destroy pathogen. Was really unsure about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.