Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thanks TLG. Don't worry, I didn't expect anyone to know what to say, I'll be damned if I know either

How're things with you?
    Not pathetic at all, please don't think you are pathetic :hugs:

I'm OK I guess. Had to miss an appointment with my study skills mentor coz I was too agoraphobic to try leaving the house :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    PRSOM
    Do mods not get unlimited rep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

I'm OK I guess. Had to miss an appointment with my study skills mentor coz I was too agoraphobic to try leaving the house :emo:
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :console: Did you email her/him to say why/rearrange? It sounds like a pretty reasonable reason so hopefully they'll understand.

I don't know if this will help at all, but when I had trouble leaving the house I would dress like a complete thug so people would be scared of me rather than the other way round. Sounds dumb, but it worked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Have thought about doing that, just feel like a bit of a nuisance, not entirely sure what to say either? They've been quite...broad with what we're allowed to include, so I think I might just slightly change my angle, and go from there. If that doesn't work, then I'll email later. The exam's on Wednesday so I should have figured it out roughly by then (hopefully ).
    I don't think they'll view you as a nuisance, they'd probably prefer to give you a hand than you not doing as well. But yeah try changing your angle, hopefully that will help. Good luck with the exam!

(Original post by PandaWho)
    So as a treat to myself for getting a job and as i was diagnosed with PCOS just over a year ago now i thought id get a new tattoo
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks good! :cool: Does a blue ribbon stand for something?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    :console:

--------------

Can't seem to get my head around this essay and it's driving me up the wall.
    Essays always drive me up the wall, they're horrible Hope you sort it out soon though!

So my wife doesn't trust me at home by myself so I'm in her office while she's at some meeting. I appreciate that she cares but it makes me feel like such a pathetic waste of space that I probably wouldn't be too safe being home alone for 2hours.

Thanks TLG. Don't worry, I didn't expect anyone to know what to say, I'll be damned if I know either

How're things with you?

Could you try emailing the person who set it and see if you can get some extra tips how to tackle it?
    Not sure what to say but hope you feel a bit safer soon, and things don't get any worse for you :console:

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll view you as a nuisance, they'd probably prefer to give you a hand than you not doing as well. But yeah try changing your angle, hopefully that will help. Good luck with the exam!

Looks good! :cool: Does a blue ribbon stand for something?
    Its polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) awareness

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im a grown woman. shouldn't be crying this much. listening to the same song over and over and over so loud I cant hear myself think.

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    im a grown woman. shouldn't be crying this much. listening to the same song over and over and over so loud I cant hear myself think.
    Big girls cry, too :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :console: Did you email her/him to say why/rearrange? It sounds like a pretty reasonable reason so hopefully they'll understand.

I don't know if this will help at all, but when I had trouble leaving the house I would dress like a complete thug so people would be scared of me rather than the other way round. Sounds dumb, but it worked!
    Thanks hun Might have to try that tactic Yeah I emailed her and thankfully she saw the email in time. She was very nice about it but I just feel like a muppet :sadnod:

Thanks hun :kissing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :eek: That's amazing! Was about to try something similar but won't be that good Sorry about your day- here if you want me but well done for not acting on he thoughts :hugs:

-------
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Really stupid thoughts that feel rational, I know they're not but they need to go away before I forget that or convince myself they are again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks

Hope you're feeling better? :hugs:

(Original post by IDukem)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's amazing! :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun Might have to try that tactic Yeah I emailed her and thankfully she saw the email in time. She was very nice about it but I just feel like a muppet :sadnod:

Thanks hun :kissing2:
    Could you suggest skype calls for if it happens again? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Big girls cry, too :hugs:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: theyre being so loud and im not sre what to do. i feel so odd :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    As there has been talk of them, where can you get awareness ribbons from? as i would like to get one. Somehow all the conditions i want to show support for come under the green ribbon...

EDIT: for some reason different sites say different things they seem to alternate between white and green for one of my conditions... dont know why.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :jumphug: Hope you're ok

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks

Hope you're feeling better? :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A bit. Still struggling with thoughts but talking to a couple of friends I haven't spoken to in ages so they're kind of distracting me a bit (even if they don't know it ). Are you ok, hope today's been a bit better for you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    Let us know if there's anything we can do :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    A bit. Still struggling with thoughts but talking to a couple of friends I haven't spoken to in ages so they're kind of distracting me a bit (even if they don't know it ). Are you ok, hope today's been a bit better for you? :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry to hear you're still struggling, here if you want me :hugs:
    Feeling a bit brighter, yeah. Came on today so I think that kind of confirms my suspicions that my moods and stuff is probably hormonal :dontknow: Going out for birthday drinks tomorrow, not really feeling up to it but hopefully I'll be ok once I get there.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Could you suggest skype calls for if it happens again? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess I could ask. I don't really like talking to people via calls on Skype though, coz of my hearing problem

(Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    :jumphug: I'd offer to talk but sister will arrive home at any moment :sigh: Hang on in there, lovely :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: Hope you're ok

Spoiler:
    Show
    not really but meh :cry2: how are you? :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Let us know if there's anything we can do :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry to hear you're still struggling, here if you want me :hugs:
    Feeling a bit brighter, yeah. Came on today so I think that kind of confirms my suspicions that my moods and stuff is probably hormonal :dontknow: Going out for birthday drinks tomorrow, not really feeling up to it but hopefully I'll be ok once I get there.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Might PM you later if you don't mind?
    Hopefully it''s hormonal, well hopefully's the wrong word (it doesn't make them any nicer!) but hopefully that means they might settle down a bit in a couple of days? Enjoy tomorrow! And happy birthday for whenever it is, I really can't remember and I should do Is it the 10th or am I making that up/thinking of someone else? Sorry

not really but meh :cry2: how are you? :hugs:
    :hugs: Here if talking would help at all :console: Struggling a bit but I'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Might PM you later if you don't mind?
    Hopefully it''s hormonal, well hopefully's the wrong word (it doesn't make them any nicer!) but hopefully that means they might settle down a bit in a couple of days? Enjoy tomorrow! And happy birthday for whenever it is, I really can't remember and I should do Is it the 10th or am I making that up/thinking of someone else? Sorry

:hugs: Here if talking would help at all :console: Struggling a bit but I'll be fine.
    here for you too :jumphug:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.