Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone from the original TSP reserve list been asked to take in these documents etc. for an HO position? Pretty sure we filled all that stuff out and took certificates down to the assessment centre and they took copies. Just wondering if they'll use them, as I'm unaware of these steps others here are talking about and my application doesn't have the attachment section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkiOxley)
    I had a phone call to take in documents last Tuesday and DBS email came through on Monday this week.

It's agonising I know but sit tight - they will get to you. From what I've read on this thread and others, it's a slow process!
    Was this for London and also do you remember the number or can you find out the number by any chance? I have been applying for other roles and at times have missed calls this week and Im worried if I had missed the call from HMRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daj19)
    Was this for London and also do you remember the number or can you find out the number by any chance? I have been applying for other roles and at times have missed calls this week and Im worried if I had missed the call from HMRC.
    It was mentioned that it was in Nottingham.

Just sit tight, nothing is happening yet. I'm too waiting, and got O role in London too. Just hoping they will do something quickly and hoping I get Stratford ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I got a formal offer for a HO role in Manchester and I'm due to start 10th October.

Got to the assessment centre and was unsuccessful (not reserve list) and I haven't had to take any documents in apart from what I take on the first day.

ReputationRep:
    hi mcDude,

how long did your pre employment checks take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newcomer2016)
    hi mcDude,

how long did your pre employment checks take?
    I don't think how it's worked out for me will be typical for everyone since I was just about to start another HMRC job and had just done all the checks, I'll put the important dates below.

I got a provisional offer 12th July

They sent me the health and DBS forms on the 28th

I emailed them saying what's going on do I need to redo these tests and got no reply.

Came back from holiday and emailed them again saying any update on these checks. The next day (24/8) I get the your checks have been completed and a reply email from the recruitment people saying what jobs are you asking about.

So I don't know if this email prompted them to say yeah we don't need to redo his checks or if it was just a coincidence and the 12/7-24/8 is just how long it takes.

After that I started chasing up a start date and was initially told we can't give you one it depends on the business need. Then about 2 weeks later (9/9) out the blue I got an email saying I was down as starting on 10/10 but the wording of the email made it sound like it wasn't fixed. Then 3 days later, this Monday, I got the formal offer.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered at HO in Euston Tower due to start on October 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuelkiely93)
    Has anyone been offered at HO in Euston Tower due to start on October 3rd?
    I was going to apply for Euston but it seems the only locations on offer for external is stratford and croydon so they must have been filled. Were you an SO prior to this. Congrats on the offer anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerwizard)
    I was going to apply for Euston but it seems the only locations on offer for external is stratford and croydon so they must have been filled. Were you an SO prior to this. Congrats on the offer anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got offered HO in Croydon but they didn't give me an option for Stratford, do you know if it's still possible to switch?

ReputationRep:
    Offered provisional Officer post on the back of TSP 2016 but have applied for HO post in the meantime. HO post only requires 2 X A levels but O post still requires degree.......seems a bit odd, anybody any ideas why the lack of parity in qualification requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    Offered provisional Officer post on the back of TSP 2016 but have applied for HO post in the meantime. HO post only requires 2 X A levels but O post still requires degree.......seems a bit odd, anybody any ideas why the lack of parity in qualification requirements?
    I'd be very surprised if a degree was required for a band O job. A degree is required for the TSP, but having not made it through that process you've been offered an alternative instead. If you're still being asked for your degree certificate it's probably because you applied on the basis that you had a degree. It would be a bit unfair if they changed the eligibility requirements after you'd applied, albeit that it's now for a different job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mallet)
    I'd be very surprised if a degree was required for a band O job. A degree is required for the TSP, but having not made it through that process you've been offered an alternative instead. If you're still being asked for your degree certificate it's probably because you applied on the basis that you had a degree. It would be a bit unfair if they changed the eligibility requirements after you'd applied, albeit that it's now for a different job.
    Its not unheard off. When I originally joined HMRC as a band O I had to provide a degree certificate. This wasn't for the TSP.

However in this instance your correct as the offer would be on the based on eligibility for the TSP. Most O jobs require 2 Alevels or higher.

Essentially the training is very similar, but it does depend on the regime, the only key difference is HO's have to pass the book keeping courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperial Blitz)
    I got offered HO in Croydon but they didn't give me an option for Stratford, do you know if it's still possible to switch?
    This is due to the regional centres, you were probably offered croydon as they have actually signed the lease so people start moving over next year, no word yet on the stratford site location.

In the meantime though there are offices in stratford and croydon but they aren't exactly huge.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know what kind of references HMRC looks for? Had to provide a ton more contacts for reference than before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killmark)
    This is due to the regional centres, you were probably offered croydon as they have actually signed the lease so people start moving over next year, no word yet on the stratford site location.

In the meantime though there are offices in stratford and croydon but they aren't exactly huge.
    Rumours on the intranet today that the Stratford regional centre won't be open until 2021/2022 after a comment from the HMRC chief exec that they're considering a transitional site in London until that date which is speculated to be the current Stratford office.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has been offered an O grade role in Newcastle have heard anything since the initial communication in August. Looking through I haven't seen much regarding the Newcastle posts thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300cw)
    Has anyone who has been offered an O grade role in Newcastle have heard anything since the initial communication in August. Looking through I haven't seen much regarding the Newcastle posts thanks
    I don't think there's been much communication with anyone that's been offered an O role in general. Was offered one end of June and still haven't heard anything (even my pre employment checks haven't finished). Think it's just a slow process and they might be trying to sort out HO positions first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looking4jobs127)
    I don't think there's been much communication with anyone that's been offered an O role in general. Was offered one end of June and still haven't heard anything (even my pre employment checks haven't finished). Think it's just a slow process and they might be trying to sort out HO positions first.
    Thanks hopefully it'll not be long. Not getting my hopes up for before Christmas time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300cw)
    Thanks hopefully it'll not be long. Not getting my hopes up for before Christmas time.
    No worries. Apparently it takes around 3 months for some but we'll see i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just a quick update regarding the O grad role, I received a call just now regarding the application and they told me to bring in some documents and I think they will begin the checks and stuff soon. She said they have only started doing the calls now and she had a lot of dates to come in and hand in the documents and therefore I think the start date is either end of October or start of November.

This was for London and you have to report to Euston tower.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.