Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Even the smartest people make stupid mistakes... take Donald Trump for example. He says his "IQ is one of the highest", yet constantly makes lots of political slips and acts like he is just an angry man with a microphone. I mean, he could easily pass for an idiot, tbh.
    He is a genius since he is a billionaire.
    He only had a small loan of 1,000,000 dollars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does an oxford student make a million dollars? You give them a billion dollars.

In other news I'm going on my Gold DofE expedition from tomorrow till wednesday in the Scottish borders... come back about two hours before step results. What fun. Should have done more past dofe papers I don't feel very prepared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trump University is the best.
    Much better than Cambridge.

Even the smartest people make stupid mistakes... take Donald Trump for example. He says his "IQ is one of the highest", yet constantly makes lots of political slips and acts like he is just an angry man with a microphone. I mean, he could easily pass for an idiot, tbh.
    Tbh he must be somewhat smart to get himself in the position he is now

He's probably the world's biggest troll

#ObamaFoundedISIS

(Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Trump University is the best.
    Much better than Cambridge.
    Ikr I'm withdrawing from Cambridge and applying there instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    He's probably the world's biggest troll
    I suspect you're correct. Certainly the reaction from his opponents to his more outlandish statements seems only to guarantee solidifying his support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    What kind of pens you guys getting for this year, was debating gel pens but they run out so quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have tons of pens.
    Best ones for exams is Uniball for sure.
    I buy loads from cosco(well my mum does, thnks mum luv u).
    They are smooth and brillaint.
    I

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mostly use a fountain pen for the most part but yeah uniball is very nice for exams. I buy them wholesale because at uniball events here they sell three for £0.49 which is absolutely crazy

I just need colours to make my notes look half decent and appealing enough to read again, as well as separate bullet points and sub topics
    I totally get that feeling. I do it too. Unless the notes aren't organised and colourful my handwriting is deterrent enough to make sure I never look at them.

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Are u one of those people who spends ages making coloured notes where they write nouns and verbs in different colours ?
    (Original post by Insight314)
    And they are always of the opposite sex.
    I am not of the other sex and I make them. Therefore there exists a counterexample to your statement therefore your statement is false. QED

You just got QEDed fam

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck getting 1 million into a few billion, I bet it doesn't require any kind of intelligence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most people are idiots. There is a reason why his acting as an idiot has got him this much support. Read "The Art of The Deal", first chapter literally explains why he speaks with such catch-phrases and all. It's all about getting the support. If you've seen his speech on foreign policy, you would see how presidential he could be but that is not how support is won, or at least not until he is a president.

(Original post by Gregorius)
    I suspect you're correct. Certainly the reaction from his opponents to his more outlandish statements seems only to guarantee solidifying his support.
    The reaction from the establishment and media especially. It is sickening how corrupt they are, and yet the democrat cucks would prefer a crook like Shillary over someone like Trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck getting 1 million into a few billion, I bet it doesn't require any kind of intelligence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope you know it was a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Getter 90 GSM paper bro, nothing gets through that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you know camb doesn't accept your thesis if it's on 90 gsm paper? You have to specially buy 100gsm for it lol.

Well I put enough effort into my notes in AS & A2 to make me keep them and cherish them forever (or burn them after results day).

Here's a snapshot of my notes:
    Attachment 570182
    My handwriting isn't great and I need colours to dress it up a bit
    This is beautiful. D'you think they'll be my gf if I ask nicely?

I hope you haven't lost control of insulin

I hope I haven't given you diabetes
    Lol in school we used to have a song we'd made up on hormones and their deficiency diseases. Like a legit song that you could sing with a guitar and piano and stuff. We never lost marks in that section of the paper lol.

A little lame I suppose but it was great fun back then

(Original post by krishdesai7)
    This is beautiful. D'you think they'll be my gf if I ask nicely?
    No, they're mine

Lol in school we used to have a song we'd made up on hormones and their deficiency diseases. Like a legit song that you could sing with a guitar and piano and stuff. We never lost marks in that section of the paper lol.

A little lame I suppose but it was great fun back then
    That does sound fun tbh. I used a song to learn one of the cycles in A2 biology I kept forgetting:

I sing it to my brother sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Ikr I'm withdrawing from Cambridge and applying there instead
    Make Cambridge Great Again!

We need to build a wall around the other place and they are going to pay for it.

Most people are idiots. There is a reason why his acting as an idiot has got him this much support. Read "The Art of The Deal", first chapter literally explains why he speaks with such catch-phrases and all. It's all about getting the support. If you've seen his speech on foreign policy, you would see how presidential he could be but that is not how support is won, or at least not until he is a president.
    Maybe I'm overestimating the American public. Don't get me wrong, I prefer Trump to Hillary, I just really dislike how childish his politics are. Like when he jokingly hinted about people using the 2nd amendment to assassinate Hillary. He should know that some nutjobs in his ranks might take that literally... and the worst thing that can happen to Trump is Hillary getting assassinated.

The reaction from the establishment and media especially. It is sickening how corrupt they are, and yet the democrat cucks would prefer a crook like Shillary over someone like Trump.
    The media isn't entirely corrupt - its just controversy sells. Political correctness makes an increasing number of things controversial. The media looks for soundbites to make you look bad. Remember how the media claimed the AfD leader "said refugee children should be shot" when she said police should use force if necessary, as a last resort. $$$

ReputationRep:
    No, they're mine

That does sound fun tbh. I used a song to learn one of the cycles in A2 biology I kept forgetting:

I sing it to my brother sometimes
    Haww sharing is caring. And those notes are gorgeous

Yeah lol. We'd made up that song and set it to music and stuff

ReputationRep:
    That moment when you log in to tsr after 4 days and you need to go back 11 pages to pick up where you left off

And in the time that you go through those 11 pages two new pages have come up :lol:

ReputationRep:
    @Insight since you're maths with physics have you been doing any Phys? I've been picking up some basic Lagrangian Hamiltonian Poisson bracket stuff

ReputationRep:
    You know we are at low points if we considered applying for natsci(i did once upon a time when i thought i was good at physics LOL)
    Well, not me I know the only subject I could apply for was maths at Cam because im just so **** at everything other then maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. So much yes to that. I'm maths with physics so for a long time it was a tug of war between natsci and maths for me. But yeah the second thoughts come along right when I worrying about whether the STEP will come through or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    @Insight since you're maths with physics have you been doing any Phys? I've been picking up some basic Lagrangian Hamiltonian Poisson bracket stuff
    I haven't been doing any Physics. I did some Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics from Susskund last summer, and been reading Feynman's lectures, but other than that I have been immersed with the maths courses of IA (V&M, Groups and Analysis I).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

Guess they were a mathmo, missed STEP

Looking at those grades makes my head hurt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.