Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared for Sociology
    I know I've basically lost 21 marks because my state crime answer was rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    When I was doing GCSEs, I looked at grade boundaries.

There was a biology paper that everyone found to be really difficult but i found easy.
    I distinctly remember either B2 or B3 being 30/60 for an A and 36/60 for an A*. I was like:

"lmao. I know people found it difficult but god damn. Those boundaries are low as hell. I legit must've got full UMS. I only remember getting 2 or 3 questions wrong anyway. 54/60 is my aim"

Ended up barely scraping an A on my ums mark. Which implies I must've got roughly 31/60.

Moral: if everyone lost loads of marks, you probably did too. That being said, I'm still looking this year. Only difference is I won't be hyped if they're low. Especially for Physics and Biology
    I don't think I looked at Grade Boundaries for GCSE, but I can remember being so panicky about them... I was bricking it, but I was slightly relieved afterwards Ah that's exactly like me when I did my maths GCSE.... I came out of the first exam thinking 'oh... that wasn't so bad!' when everyone else was like 'how are you smiling that paper was awful!' :rofl: That's still pretty good though, well done! I did A Level English Literature and A Level English Language, and I chose to look at the grade boundaries for last year and Language went down but my AS Lit exam went badly and I looked at those boundaries and they had gone up :/ I just want results day to hurry up and be done with!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    With GCSE I didnt worry about it under ten minutes before entering school, to the point I was shaking, this year im having stupid dreams about my results,hopefully I did decent in English Lit/Lang and History, IT is absolutely dreadful in the way they mark it so I wish id never have taken it, I am trying to occupy my time by binge watching tv shows and movies, and suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I'm scared for Sociology
    I know I've basically lost 21 marks because my state crime answer was rubbish
    im in the same predicament except in history i technically answered a question wrong losing me 20 marks
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by WeslshStudent101)
    With GCSE I didnt worry about it under ten minutes before entering school, to the point I was shaking, this year im having stupid dreams about my results,hopefully I did decent in English Lit/Lang and History, IT is absolutely dreadful in the way they mark it so I wish id never have taken it, I am trying to occupy my time by binge watching tv shows and movies, and suggestions?
    Breaking Bad. :pierre:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimcoA)
    im in the same predicament except in history i technically answered a question wrong losing me 20 marks
    If you don't mind me asking, what was the board and question?

ReputationRep:
    Prison break
    The vampire diaries
    Netflix series 'scream'
    Olympics
    The originals
    Last chance U

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, what was the board and question?
    it was OCR Crusades it was an interpretation. i saw it as it being about reasons for first crusades whereas others saw it as motivations.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimcoA)
    it was OCR Crusades it was an interpretation. i saw it as it being about reasons for first crusades whereas others saw it as motivations.
    In my experience with those sort of issues the examiners accept any valid interpretation, so if enough people believed they had to talk about reasons then they'll usually award marks, and motivations and reasons will overlap anyway.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience with those sort of issues the examiners accept any valid interpretation, so if enough people believed they had to talk about reasons then they'll usually award marks, and motivations and reasons will overlap anyway.
    it was reasons for the success of first crusade but yeah thats pretty much what my teacher said but its still stressing me out due to the uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I don't think I looked at Grade Boundaries for GCSE, but I can remember being so panicky about them... I was bricking it, but I was slightly relieved afterwards Ah that's exactly like me when I did my maths GCSE.... I came out of the first exam thinking 'oh... that wasn't so bad!' when everyone else was like 'how are you smiling that paper was awful!' :rofl: That's still pretty good though, well done! I did A Level English Literature and A Level English Language, and I chose to look at the grade boundaries for last year and Language went down but my AS Lit exam went badly and I looked at those boundaries and they had gone up :/ I just want results day to hurry up and be done with!
    AQA Lit boundaries are pretty stable each year so if you are doing AQA dont stress too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    AQA Lit boundaries are pretty stable each year so if you are doing AQA dont stress too much.
    I did do AQA Lit B But I knew straight away that I had failed AS, but I didn't know the true extent of my failure :rofl: I tend to stress about everything really... I mean, if someone does something to hurt me and we argue, I struggle to sleep until the issue is resolved, even if I have to apologize to them myself :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    Don't worry. God Willing, you'll do great!
    And btw, Happy Birthday! :cake::hugs:
    Wish you all the best!
    Thank you so much, means a lot!!! Wish you all the best as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain I failed Chem F335 but I still wanna do Chem at uni... what even is my brain? Who am I? :lol:

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 seasons of Parks and Recreation today. Some serious binge watching will be happening in the next week and a bit because honestly I can't think of ANYTHING but results rn

ReputationRep:
    anyone looked at their edexcel mark schemes?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'm fairly certain I failed Chem F335 but I still wanna do Chem at uni... what even is my brain? Who am I? :lol:

:cry:
    On the plus side you get a clean slate at uni even if you mess up one or two exams (I did poorly in an A-level further maths module that was kind of a foundation for uni level maths, but I'm doing okay-ish-sorta-kinda-now )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I got 4 seasons of Parks and Recreation today. Some serious binge watching will be happening in the next week and a bit because honestly I can't think of ANYTHING but results rn
    It's going to get even harder. After 12 we can say that results day is next week and I'm willing for time to slow down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    On the plus side you get a clean slate at uni even if you mess up one or two exams (I did poorly in an A-level further maths module that was kind of a foundation for uni level maths, but I'm doing okay-ish-sorta-kinda-now )
    Alright yeah that's good... if they accept me I'll be waiting on the clearing hotlines while opening that envelope :lol: might as well bring 2 phones xP

But that's great! Daym maths at uni tho :eek: mashallah I dont wanna jinx it but I also have no idea how yall can do that **** with your brain :lol: there's gonna be a fair bit of maths in chemistry too pray for me x_X <3
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Alright yeah that's good... if they accept me I'll be waiting on the clearing hotlines while opening that envelope :lol: might as well bring 2 phones xP

But that's great! Daym maths at uni tho :eek: mashallah I dont wanna jinx it but I also have no idea how yall can do that **** with your brain :lol: there's gonna be a fair bit of maths in chemistry too pray for me x_X <3
    :lol: yeah.. don't be caught with 2 phones though :lol: (one being one of those nokia phones.. :erm:) maybe a cell phone will do though, and make it clear to the other person that you're calling from a cellphone.

:rofl: I don't know either :iiam: obvs it's different from uni to uni but one guy who does Chem at my uni does a maths course for people who hate maths or don't have much practice with it, so you'll probably be fine :lol: it'll be the chem that's a nightmare tbh, I don't even know how you do it at A-level with OCR :eek4: :hide:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.