Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    My waiting is practically over! I got an email from the admissions guy at Cardiff (after I emailed them) and he said unofficially I've got an unconditional offer!!! Just have to wait for it to come up on UCAS and then I am so firming that.
    See you there then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    See you there then :p:
    :yep:

Now I've just got to decide which halls I like best and sort my student finance out. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    My waiting is practically over! I got an email from the admissions guy at Cardiff (after I emailed them) and he said unofficially I've got an unconditional offer!!! Just have to wait for it to come up on UCAS and then I am so firming that.
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Im waitin for my offer from uclan for accounting!!!!! i applied in october although its not my 1st choice at the moment that may change once ive heard back

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.. Just got my second rejection! And I have no offers. Getting kinda nervous

Ok LSE and Exeter are super competitive and weren't my favourites but anyway I'm feeling kinda crap.
    I'm still waiting on Warwick (which is super competitive too), Sheffield (might have a chance) and QMUL (my last chance). Might have to check what Extra and Clearing are all about :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any offers from City or Nottingham for Economics????

ReputationRep:
    For all those unlucky chaps who are waiting on Edinburgh - > This is such a long wait due to last year's crazy amount of people who had firmed Edin and got it (as it is not particularly hard to do so) , resulting in a massive accommodation problem and overcrowding.
    Having said that , I hope you can realise the delicate situation we are all in :yep:

Nevertheless ,
    Best of luck and patience , that's what we need !

ReputationRep:
    Yay, just heard back from Edinburgh (finally!) Got a BBB offer. That should make it my insurance. I was thinking about Cardiff, but that's the same as my Manchester offer and Edinburgh is lower so it makes more sense I think. Not that I think I'm going to miss an ABB offer, but still... FINALLY!

ReputationRep:
    im so scared! one rejection and no other replies!!!! i hope i get at least one accpetance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etnies)
    For all those unlucky chaps who are waiting on Edinburgh - > This is such a long wait due to last year's crazy amount of people who had firmed Edin and got it (as it is not particularly hard to do so) , resulting in a massive accommodation problem and overcrowding.
    Having said that , I hope you can realise the delicate situation we are all in :yep:

Nevertheless ,
    Best of luck and patience , that's what we need !
    You work for Edinburgh (admissions)?

Do you know when the most replies are going to be sent out?

(Original post by theciz)
    Yay, just heard back from Edinburgh (finally!) Got a BBB offer. That should make it my insurance. I was thinking about Cardiff, but that's the same as my Manchester offer and Edinburgh is lower so it makes more sense I think. Not that I think I'm going to miss an ABB offer, but still... FINALLY!
    Wow, congratulations!

Edinburgh is better than Manchester and Cardiff imo though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferdi.g)
    You work for Edinburgh (admissions)?

Do you know when the most replies are going to be sent out?

Wow, congratulations!

Edinburgh is better than Manchester and Cardiff imo though...
    Hmmmm, Ed may be more prestigious, but I think the Manchester course is much better, jmo.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying for politics at lse,durham,exeter,edinburgh and bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exo Skeletal)
    Oh okay, thanks so much for your help! Do you think it's okay to put paintings and fine arty stuff in or do they wanna see more design work? What's this about a critical reflection? Why do they want one, no one said anything to me when they invited me to interview?! Also, were you in a group or on your own? Ahh I'm sorry for all the questions!
    I'm not sure whether it's my first choice, I've got loughborough and nottingham interviews soon, as well as leeds and glasgow visit days, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Congratulations on loughborough btw, what course you applied for?
    my stuff was full of fine arty stuff so its fine, but if u hv identified 3d spaces, it might be worth taking it along so u cud talk abt it.again, its not what u hv but how u present it that matters
    they didn't say nything abt it because they want to see how badly u want the course and if u do ur homework properly or not. lol
    go to http://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/beng-meng-design-innovation/ , scroll down the left side boxes, and below entrance requirements it says =>>
    Selection process:
    At interview stage you will present a portfolio of work (including art and/or design pieces, sketch books and written assignments) and a 200-word critical reflection on a piece of design of your choice.

i was alone in the interview. at lboro i applied for automotive engineering waiting to hear from warwick !! scaRedd but fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Yay I finaly got an offer from my top uni. For 240 points. I already have 220 so just need to pass Psychology or religion retakes.

Now im just waiting for york whic is probably going to be my insurance depending on offer. welll done everyone

ReputationRep:
    i got LSE at last:X:X im on the top of the world!!!:X Only Bath left^^

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my ucas form 17th of January I have not got reply from Leicester university ... for electronic and electrical engineering
    Should be worrring now

ReputationRep:
    Lots of universites don't reply that quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on 18th of October and I haven't heard anything from three uni's....

ReputationRep:
    No, don't worry at all. It can take months, I applied in September and didn't hear from Leicester till mid-Nov, and all my others took till January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebenia)
    I sent my application on 18th of October and I haven't heard anything from three uni's....
    I think you need to take the hint!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.