Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Another Greek reference then?

Omega anyone?
Ah, the Doctor's going Greek. Ood Sigma anyone?

How did Nephew (Ood) get onto the Tardis?
And... how did House get into the Tardis? :confused:
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Nice spot! :yep:

Soul of TARDIS = anti-virus software and TARDIS = computer. No firewall. Anti-virus software deleted/moved by a virus (House - an entity which can move freely like the Beast or the TARDIS). Virus then penetrates computer. Anti-virus installed back on computer, eliminates virus. Firewall then created.
Nicceee.

Do we actually know what House is?? Apart from some talking rock/meteor, that is. And what did it want the Tardis for?

Sorry if this was made explicit in the episode. I was watching DW last night surrounded by a bunch of my friends dressed in various European costumes for Eurovision, at various stages of drunkenness!
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why could house talk to them when hes the tardis if iridis said she wouldn't be able to talk to the doctor any more after she got out of the human body and back into the tardis
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No idea really. It's about as mysterious as the Beast.

It eats Tardises (by luring Time Lords), but when it discovered that the Doctor's TARDIS was the last one, it decided to steal it and get back into the 'universe'.
Ah yes, I caught that, thanks.

I wonder what Tardis tastes like. :cookie:
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
why could house talk to them when hes the tardis if iridis said she wouldn't be able to talk to the doctor any more after she got out of the human body and back into the tardis
the doctor explains at the end that the tardis is an 11 dimensional being so cant connect to such simple mechanical machinery as you would need to talk, where as house possessed the equipment part of the tardis it was still grounded in the here and now like humans so could use things to talk
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She said something along the lines of "I'm not constructed that way" whereas House was an outside entity possessing the TARDIS.
I took that to mean that the tardis isn't constructed in a way that let it communicate so if house was possessing the tardis that means he was now the consciousness in the tardis's "body". like he says "I have corridors" so surely however the tardis is constructed should of affected him as well when he was possessing the tardis. on the rock he spoke by controlling the people and making them speak for him :confused:
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Greg1989)
the doctor explains at the end that the tardis is an 11 dimensional being so cant connect to such simple mechanical machinery as you would need to talk, where as house possessed the equipment part of the tardis it was still grounded in the here and now like humans so could use things to talk
hmm I like this explanation a bit better
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Greg1989)
so is that where the 'eleven' in 'crimson eleven delight petrichor' comes from? possibly?
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
so is that where the 'eleven' in 'crimson eleven delight petrichor' comes from? possibly?
assuming those pass phrases are relevant and not a red herring, and how the tardis clearly adores her doctor, id imagine the 11 just refers to how he is the 11th form of the doctor.....but thats just me who knows
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
I liked seeing the old TARDIS set!

also the fact an episode with the title "The Doctor's Wife" didn't contain River is epic for me....
I thought that we would see some of River as one of the spoilers before the episode was that River hardly features. Which could simply just be referring to that quote by Idris and is most likely really.
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Ah, the Doctor's going Greek. Ood Sigma anyone?

And... how did House get into the Tardis? :confused:
He was the green gas stuff that first surrounded it to eat it but then entered it through its light at the top.
Becka-la
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wasn't House a being that looked like a meteor because it was so big and stayed alive by eating the energy from TARDISs and Time lords which was why he was trying to get into their universe because he had run out of food in his bubble universe so was trying to find some more time lords i think...

At least that's what i got from the episode.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Episode 3 got final consolidated figures of 7.85 million (plus a further 1m on iplayer). Not too bad really.

Although episode 4 got quite poor overnight figures (5.9m) will be interesting to see how much it picks up.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
Episode 3 got final consolidated figures of 7.85 million (plus a further 1m on iplayer). Not too bad really.

Although episode 4 got quite poor overnight figures (5.9m) will be interesting to see how much it picks up.
Do iplayer figures count all the times it is watched as I've watched it twice now, both times on iPlayer. :love:
vixki
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This has probably already been answered but I'm confused, is Rory still a plastic roman? And if he's 2000 years old at the moment, does that mean he'll ever age? Or will he always stay the same as he is at the moment, even when Amy's old and wrinkly?
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vixki)
This has probably already been answered but I'm confused, is Rory still a plastic roman? And if he's 2000 years old at the moment, does that mean he'll ever age? Or will he always stay the same as he is at the moment, even when Amy's old and wrinkly?
Rory is not plastic, and is no longer 2000 years old. He merely occasionally remembers the universe before Big Bang 2.
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vixki)
No he's not a plastic roman anymore. The real human rory was brought back into exsistence when the doctor fixed the cracks in 'The Big Bang'.

Do iplayer figures count all the times it is watched as I've watched it twice now, both times on iPlayer. :love:
That's something I'm unsure of, but i think it's just 1 count for each unique viewer
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:awesome:

Loved it.
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neil Gaiman Q&A about 'The Doctor's Wife'
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
I've watched it three times now.

And it'll probably increase before the mid-series finale.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise