Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmism)
    Ohh that's great! So looking forward to August
    My priorities are actually the intercollegiate halls! - hughes parry, commonwealth and connaught.
    Thanks! really relieved that I got it too! Congrats on getting Econs too btw! The competition for the course is crazy too!!!
    Have you received your CAS?
    I emailed the admissions team to ask about the CAS and this was their reply:
    "Once your qualifications have been verified (they are currently in the process now), CAS numbers will be issued in late May/ early June"
    So you have to get verified copies of your A-level results asap and mail it to them Why intercollegiate instead of LSE halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandhistoto)
    Oxford also said that I dun need to pay any deposit first before getting the CAS. It says that students will only pay upon arriving there. Although I have to present to the British Council that I indeed have the money to pay when I apply for visa. Not sure whether they will change the procedure tho.

Maybe different schools have different policies
    Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    dun dun dun.

talking like lun

sure your Oxford not bullshiet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    dun dun dun.

talking like lun

Chill, this is Singapore Kopitiam, not Hardware Zone forum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narev)
    Chill, this is Singapore Kopitiam, not Hardware Zone forum!

what hardware ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    what hardware ?
    Txi, out of curiosity, which university are you studying at? oh wait, what's your age first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrilliantMinds)
    Txi, out of curiosity, which university are you studying at? oh wait, what's your age first?

Look at your PM wife - what a useless bum losing $B on the markets.

Eeeeewwwww

Dun dun dun and you dare talk about age.

now go and put on your best LKY Oxbridge accent - there are some whites here that need to be impressed.

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    Look at your PM wife - what a useless bum losing $B on the markets.

Eeeeewwwww

Dun dun dun and you dare talk about age.

now go and put on your best LKY Oxbridge accent - there are some whites here that need to be impressed.

LOL
    txi i find your antagonistic behaviour quite disturbing. i mean if you really dislike singaporeans and singapore so much, why saunter into a thread made for singaporeans to interact in the first place?

i don't approve of many issues going on within singapore at the socio-political level too but for you to just make a one-liner about it seems to trivialise things and leads me to wonder if you truly are capable of a proper discussion.

no hard feelings txi, just voicing out what i think. stay cool.

ReputationRep:
    free speech man/woman.

say what you have to say and stop worrying about mine and anyone else's reaction.

that's a start to change things in SG.

what is worst is the the cultural level.

you guys have given up your own culture for the pariah LKY pseudo Western garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    dun dun dun.

talking like lun

i guess i'll discover tt within a few days when she promised me to send the cas letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    free speech man/woman.

say what you have to say and stop worrying about mine and anyone else's reaction.

that's a start to change things in SG.

what is worst is the the cultural level.

you guys have given up your own culture for the pariah LKY pseudo Western garbage.
    Possibly it's a start, but not a very good start. I do believe in free speech, but it has to be used responsibly. Go up to any paikia in SG and scold him with vulgarities - that's free speech for you, and you'll soon be free of making speeches. (Especially if you have no teeth left.)

ReputationRep:
    What a troll Txi is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volante)
    What a troll Txi is!
    But you should take a look at some of his posts in other forums. Hilariously funny.

Anyway, since it's May (gosh, time flies), I shall ask: Anyone going to Warwick to do MORSE? :P

ReputationRep:
    the SG gov is a troller and Narev sounds like a kundut name.

hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narev)
    Possibly it's a start, but not a very good start. I do believe in free speech, but it has to be used responsibly. Go up to any paikia in SG and scold him with vulgarities - that's free speech for you, and you'll soon be . (Especially if you have no teeth left.)

doubt it seeing as I have fought 3x in mma.

I'm scolding you with vulgarities now - why don't you free me of making speeches.

I'm coming to UK in fall.

Do you want to fight?

You are all fake - your stupid country your stupid govt your leaders your stupid media your ugly but self promoted women.

all you do is go along with the flow.

Useless pokkein no guts to stand up for truth

soon your whole country will be FULL of foreigners and your job will be to clean their backsides, even if you have an Oxbridge degree.

hahahaha lun to your Ho Cheng

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)

I'm scolding you with vulgarities now - why don't you free me of making speeches.

Do you want to fight?

You are all fake - your stupid country your stupid govt your leaders your stupid media your ugly but self promoted women.

soon your whole country will be FULL of foreigners and your job will be to clean their backsides, even if you have an Oxbridge degree.

Poor thing, so many grievances! *pats*

Is there a society for all Singaporeans studying the in the UK? Closest thing I've found is the Singaporean society in my uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)

Do you want to fight?

Honestly...I doubt you're an incoming first year, considering all your previous posts in different parts of the forum. But continue posting - I need a break in between my exams, and trolls are fun

ReputationRep:
    Am really confused... got into the MA Culture and Difference programme at Durham Uni and the MA Human Rights Studies at Columbia University (New York). Am not sure which to take.... I am interested in both (both courses interest me), but I'm really into some of the courses in Durham's programme and am drawn to Columbia's international standing and reputation as a university and for human rights training.

What would you guys choose?

ReputationRep:
    Columbia without doubt in my opinion

Rep
    Job opportunities(being at NY)

would be much better however if cost is an issue durham is a fine choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wqliu90)
    I emailed the admissions team to ask about the CAS and this was their reply:
    "Once your qualifications have been verified (they are currently in the process now), CAS numbers will be issued in late May/ early June"
    So you have to get verified copies of your A-level results asap and mail it to them Why intercollegiate instead of LSE halls?
    Yeap I've already done that! Waiting for them to change my offer to unconditional now!
    I chose intercollegiate halls because according to the website, a lot of construction is starting soon at the LSE halls. That would mean noise, dust etc etc and I'm experiencing that right now at home =_=. I need a quiet place to study so...
    Intercollegiate halls also look relatively bigger and newer, and you meet more people from different parts of the world . Distance from these halls to LSE works out to be around the same anyway, so I'd rather the intercollegiate halls!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.