Just ate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is great bro!! Good to hear...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Everything....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I've been offered a conditional place at this sixth form college: www.dsfc.ac.uk

At the moment I'm looking through the kit list so I know what i need to buy!

Whats everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    Well I've been offered a conditional place at this sixth form college: www.dsfc.ac.uk

At the moment I'm looking through the kit list so I know what i need to buy!

Whats everyone else doing?
    Congrats:h:

I'm still unsure resources wise what I need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Drinking chocolate milkshake

Jatz
    You have anything planned till results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Does your school pay for your remark if you are very close to the boundary?
    I don't know about all schools, but my school definitely does. In year 9 I had all 3 of my exams remarked for my humanities GCSE and I managed to gain a few extra marks, pushing me just over the overall A* boundary

ReputationRep:
    Need to buy smart clothes and equipment for sixth forum, i have nothing a the moment. Thinking of choosing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies, but still have no idea what I'm going to do in uni. And I know when we go back to school our teachers are going to keep bugging me to make my mind up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djent)
    Get 3 A's at A level, if you achieve at least 1 A*, even better.

You may qualify for entry into a foundation Medicine Programme where an extra year is spent learning clinical specialities & the science of things however, as long as your A levels are decent, look for Med schools which only require advanced gcse grades (B) in English+a C in a Foreign language, such as UCL, Kings College London or Nottingham.

You'll struggle to get into Med schools which require a fixed amount of A/B grades at Gcse in the sciences, such as Imperial/Leeds/Oxford etc.
    I've got As in the Sciences, I know that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    Need to buy smart clothes and equipment for sixth forum, i have nothing a the moment. Thinking of choosing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies, but still have no idea what I'm going to do in uni. And I know when we go back to school our teachers are going to keep bugging me to make my mind up
    'Sixth forum'...

what has tsr done to you:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    'Sixth forum'...

what has tsr done to you:giggle:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

Ah, well, I'll apply there and if I get an offer, reject it after thought...

There's some years abroad with industry! Or even both separately in the degree :sogood:
    Oxbridge not offering Maths with anything (other than Philosophy really) or a year abroad really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Oxbridge not offering Maths with anything (other than Philosophy really) or a year abroad really sucks.
    Ikr... Unofficially Oxford has some year abroads... But nothing official :mad:

ReputationRep:
    There's a year abroad for languages ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Oxford offer Maths with Computer Science, Philosophy and Statistics. Cambridge just do Maths and there's the option for Physics if you think you might transfer to the Physics course after a year. But it isn't a great variety of subjects

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to find out the grade boundaries for each exam before the results are issued?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    There's a year abroad for languages ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not gonna do a language now :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennym5)
    Is it possible to find out the grade boundaries for each exam before the results are issued?
    The day before

ReputationRep:
    Im in the exact same situation as dinasaurus, makes me wish I tried harder and behaved in school haha

ReputationRep:
    It seems every other university offers it too. ~_~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe--)
    Oxford offer Maths with Computer Science, Philosophy and Statistics. Cambridge just do Maths and there's the option for Physics if you think you might transfer to the Physics course after a year. But it isn't a great variety of subjects
    They're all quite mathsy, I want something like Maths with French, a year abroad, with international relations but no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe--)
    I had a look at the subjects the other day, I want to do computer science at uni and was quite surprised to see that Oxford offered Computer Science and Philosophy together! I thought that was quite an interesting combination No-one else might, but the thought of Computer Science and Philosophy really appeals to me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.