Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    You got your offer in the future? Do you have a TARDIS?
    If this is legitimate, when did you have your interview?
    Well pls read thread properly before going about questioning the legitimacy of people's offers.

I deferred my offer to this year's cycle due to army commitments. Interview was last year mid feb.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else literally counting days away and checking their email every hour? The uncertainty is driving me mad >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeninjax3)
    Anyone else literally counting days away and checking their email every hour? The uncertainty is driving me mad >.<
    Not yet... I'll start to be like that next week though :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeninjax3)
    Meeeeeeeeeeee Really want this offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we think offers will start to come out next week or the week after? I guess it all depends on how you interpret "mid-March".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Do we think offers will start to come out next week or the week after? I guess it all depends on how you interpret "mid-March".
    Last year, the offers started to come out on 12 March... So I'll say next week. But only because I'm impatient! :L Barts is my first choice after all :L

Ahh... the thought of getting a rejection is haunting me once more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodle00)
    Evidently the sheet they use has changed. In my interview I didn't see a detailed sheet, they just had paper to write notes about what I was saying.
    Clearly you have no idea what is going on, are you so silly that you think they would just keep the answer sheet in front of you? I was sat with the interviewer and we discuss performance etc and they have a sheet.

ReputationRep:
    March 14th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    March 14th
    Is this insider information? :P You do realise by posting this on TSR, this thread will explode on the 14th with posts like "OMG it's 5:01PM, is the admission office still open? Why have we still not heard? It's the weekend tomorrow too and I really can't handle this wait over the weekend!!!!!!!!" <--- that'll probably be me.

(Original post by XingBairong)
    Last year, the offers started to come out on 12 March... So I'll say next week. But only because I'm impatient! :L Barts is my first choice after all :L

Ahh... the thought of getting a rejection is haunting me once more
    ! Didn't they also finish interviewing a week later than they did last year? No? Ah, I hope you are right! My Barts interview was absolutely atrocious. I wish I could've handled all their unexpected questions a lot better instead of making speculative remarks on the spot that probably turned out to be wrong. The student on my panel was looking down on her lap a lot too which was a pretty bad sign. Oh well, it's done. I just want to find out so I can get on with my life without having to hop up and down everytime my phone beeps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    yeah....
    Have you heard back from other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    yeah....
    Have you heard back from other unis?
    Nope! They are all taking their time but it's reassuring to know they have to get back to me by the end of this month at the latest. (Please tell me I'm right about this one!!) this waiting really kills me inside....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    March 14th
    Interesting post ..I wonder what it means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    March 14th
    On my birthday!! Eeeek . Hope i get a good Birthday present!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huatah)
    Well pls read thread properly before going about questioning the legitimacy of people's offers.

I deferred my offer to this year's cycle due to army commitments. Interview was last year mid feb.
    Haha, I am sorry, I thought that you meant this year, as someone was talking about people making new accounts and saying they had offers.
    But congratulations, it must be insanely exciting having to wait an entire year to begin. By army commitments, what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    March 14th
    So mysterious.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I am sorry, I thought that you meant this year, as someone was talking about people making new accounts and saying they had offers.
    But congratulations, it must be insanely exciting having to wait an entire year to begin. By army commitments, what do you mean?
    I'm guessing that he's an international applicant from Singapore! We've got a mandatory two-year conscription scheme where the guys have to serve in the army. He needs the deferment because I'm guessing he has not been released from service as of last year...

(Btw, sorry for butting in!) Congrats on the offer too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatnydguy)
    I'm guessing that he's an international applicant from Singapore! We've got a mandatory two-year conscription scheme where the guys have to serve in the army. He needs the deferment because I'm guessing he has not been released from service as of last year...

(Btw, sorry for butting in!) Congrats on the offer too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, that's rather interesting. So what do women do? Do they serve as well?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's rather interesting. So what do women do? Do they serve as well?
    Nope. Only guys have to serve in the army. The girls go on to university directly after the A levels, so by the time the guys are entering the university as freshmen, the girls are already in their third year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm Singaporean. 2 yr conscription

ReputationRep:
    Apparently barts are going to be giving offers at the end of march!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.