Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will never understand how having 8 hours sleep this morning caused me to be more tired than when I had no sleep yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Will never understand how having 8 hours sleep this morning caused me to be more tired than when I had no sleep yesterday
    Happens when you wake up and it's not the end of a sleep cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    The last time I downloaded 20GB worth of data it took 2 months.

That's why

Well when the blu ray set is over twice the price it's pretty pointless to buy that if I just want to watch it and sell it again.
    Are you connected to a local McDonald's? xD. I use websites if I cba to download anything, watched the whole of breaking bad on letmewatchthis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Happens when you wake up and it's not the end of a sleep cycle
    ahh of course, thanks, had half an hour too much, damn brain
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I'm now officially a year older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Are you connected to a local McDonald's? xD. I use websites if I cba to download anything, watched the whole of breaking bad on letmewatchthis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Streaming videos is also out of the equation because it takes 10 mins to load a video at lowest quality that is only 60 seconds long!

That's worse than DVD quality anyway, and so are all the rips of the show on 'certain sites', so DVD was the best option for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Yay, I'm now officially a year older.
    Happy birthday dude woo! :woo:

Also does anyone have a stationary list that I'll need for my subjects?
    I'm doing Maths, Chem, Bio and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I wanted to know the general statistics that the school will be judged on like %5A*-C including English and Maths.My school is below average for high achievers but is above average in general because it likes to cheat the league tables, by focusing on C grade pupils and entering pupils into loads of qualifications so they get 5A*-C.
    Mine does that. It got 69% A*-C (up from 65%).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Preaching to the choir dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added )
    Hey all! I'm doing History (OCR), Geography (AQA), English Literature (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel).

Add me please! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Nobody in my school got that :lol: I'm pretty sure no one got more than 4 A*s.
    One of the people who got it is leaving and the other 1 is me:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Streaming videos is also out of the equation because it takes 10 mins to load a video at lowest quality that is only 60 seconds long!

That's worse than DVD quality anyway, and so are all the rips of the show on 'certain sites', so DVD was the best option for me
    Not at all, I find that all the rips were in HD for certain shows, even breaking bad. With a good monitor, you have your own home cinema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Nice to see someone from (loosely) the same neck of the woods, most people haven't even heard of Seychelles.
    When was the last time you've been to seychelles??

I havent been to mauritius to for 11 years and i dont really know if its worth going back for a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    In my school 2 people got 9A*-A:rolleyes:
    so does that mean people could have got 9As and still be counted in that? In my school there were 4 of us who got 9A*s and 1A each aha

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me with the earliest start date??? I start tomorrow and I'm a bit pissed off with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    so does that mean people could have got 9As and still be counted in that? In my school there were 4 of us who got 9A*s and 1A each aha
    Yeah they would count and that's impressive for the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah they would count and that's impressive for the school.
    hmm I guess, 1 girl's definitely getting a remark on her A and 2 of us are undecided aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    When was the last time you've been to seychelles??

I havent been to mauritius to for 11 years and i dont really know if its worth going back for a holiday.
    About 2 weeks ago, I went for 5 weeks. The vast majority of my family live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    hmm I guess, 1 girl's definitely getting a remark on her A and 2 of us are undecided aha
    Nothing to lose if the school is paying but I wouldn't pay out of my own pocket. In fact, that A shows that you're only human and not some ruthless workaholic academic machine and may work in your favour. What is the A in?

ReputationRep:
    This time next week I'll be at sixth form :cry:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.