The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLuO2b2DBg That's the most 'extreme' thing we did. Nothing much.
Reply 2521
Original post by techno836
haha define damaged :holmes: .. my teacher burnt our classroom ceiling :rolleyes:

Well after the 'explosion' flakes of the ceiling were falling off... :tongue:

Hahaha, my teacher was saying how at her previous school she burnt off some kid's eyebrows! And she swung a book round a kid's face...
I don't suppose one of you would know the gas in the experiment where you ignite some sort of gas in a water dispenser tank and creates a sort of jet out the mouth of it like a plane's engine.... Most vague question evar xD I have to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2523
Original post by Red Fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLuO2b2DBg That's the most 'extreme' thing we did. Nothing much.

Hahaha he's like a Science-y version of FPSRussia!

We didn't do that.. I really wanted to though. :frown:

The coolest thing we did ourselves was something in Physics when we were trying to create a spark from a piece of metal spinning on a motor... I can't remember what it was related to, all I remember was getting a massive green spark every time the metal touched the motor. It was pretty cool.

Making our own esters in Triple Chemistry was pretty cool too.

The coolest demo my teacher done was this. I can't remember why we were working with Cyclohexane, as it had nothing to do with our course whatsoever... But yeah my teacher just said "Oh want to see something cool you can do with Cyclohexane?" and she did something similar to this:

Reply 2524
Original post by Red Fox

a different teacher threatened to set this kid on fire one year if he said 'boyo' one more time :colone: he did :colone: then when we was about to do it the fire alarm went off :shakecane: stupid irony :rolleyes:

Original post by Lucas.
Well after the 'explosion' flakes of the ceiling were falling off... :tongue:

Hahaha, my teacher was saying how at her previous school she burnt off some kid's eyebrows! And she swung a book round a kid's face...

haha well it happened by the teacher placing 2 bunsen burners on clamps and tunring them on their side so the flames went into each other... then he blew custard powder through them :lol:
Reply 2525
Original post by Lucas.
Hahaha he's like a Science-y version of FPSRussia!

We didn't do that.. I really wanted to though. :frown:

The coolest thing we did ourselves was something in Physics when we were trying to create a spark from a piece of metal spinning on a motor... I can't remember what it was related to, all I remember was getting a massive green spark every time the metal touched the motor. It was pretty cool.

Making our own esters in Triple Chemistry was pretty cool too.

The coolest demo my teacher done was this. I can't remember why we were working with Cyclohexane, as it had nothing to do with our course whatsoever... But yeah my teacher just said "Oh want to see something cool you can do with Cyclohexane?" and she did something similar to this:

haha i thought he was just gonna put the fire out until he said it was flammable :rofl:

and making esters was fun :biggrin:
This reminds me of when my chemistry teacher told us about how, as an undergraduate, he did this experiment:
[video="youtube;ezsur0L0L1c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsur0L0L1c&list=TLaPEtGT24T9c[/video]
But apparently he underestimated how much foam it would produce, and he also did it in a fume cupboard. You can imagine how that turned out...

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

I'm doing History, English lit., Drama, and Media. (All WJEC) Add me please :wink: Only 4 more days until school starts and I'm really excited! :h:
Original post by Infinity_4652
How different is it compared to mauritius?

Never been to Mauritius, I'd say it should be near enough the same, my relatives all say that they go to Mauritius to shop. But those are the older ones, the ones who are my age say it's exactly the same.
Original post by Georgiecat
This reminds me of when my chemistry teacher told us about how, as an undergraduate, he did this experiment:
[video="youtube;ezsur0L0L1c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsur0L0L1c&list=TLaPEtGT24T9c[/video]
But apparently he underestimated how much foam it would produce, and he also did it in a fume cupboard. You can imagine how that turned out...

I think this was my chemistry teacher's favourite experiment :tongue: She did it for us at the end of Years 9, 10 and 11 and still found it the most exciting thing ever.
Original post by Infinity_4652

Yep, buses are cheaper!
Im 17 now, so my parents are encouraging me to start doing my driving lessons.
What about you??

Yep, i did gcse french.
I got a B, but im not really happy with that because i was 4 marks off an A!!

I am italian, but i was raised up in a mauritiun family.

Oh cool!
How strict is your college on entry standards??
If they accept late applicants, im sure they will accept resitters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! Same with my parents although I'm a bit lazy, I was meant to start this summer, not sure where the time has gone :/

That so annoying I want in a similar position myself :frown:

I see, that's quite cool :biggrin:

Yeah aren't too bad. Oh, I had an unconditional offer after my interview because I told the interviewer that I was currently doing AS!
I'm disappointed to see that nobody else is doing geology! :lolwut:
I'll be all alone when it comes to revision..:frown:

Spoiler

Edit: why the neg??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HeyThereHarry
I'm disappointed to see that nobody else is doing geology! :lolwut:
I'll be all alone when it comes to revision..:frown:

Spoiler

Have fun colouring in
Reply 2534
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

Can you add me in?:biggrin: im with AQA for maths bio chem and economics:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2535
Did my parents really just casually buy a front door...........
Original post by Mr.Nor
Did my parents really just casually buy a front door...........

Maybe maybe not I don't know >.<
Original post by Dinasaurus
Never been to Mauritius, I'd say it should be near enough the same, my relatives all say that they go to Mauritius to shop. But those are the older ones, the ones who are my age say it's exactly the same.

Are you going to sixth form or college?
Reply 2538
Original post by sr234
Can you add me in?:biggrin: im with AQA for maths bio chem and economics:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done :h: and i've seen you alot on here, you should consider getting an avatar so i can recognise you easier :h:
Reply 2539
Original post by blamethenargles
Maybe maybe not I don't know >.<

They did :confused:

Latest