The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Pathetic from Kei in the 3rd set. Totally capitulated after missing the break points in the first game of the decider. I'm confident about Federer's chances against Novak in the final.
Nice to see Djokovic pushed but able to come through in the end, sad that Kei couldn't sustain his level but I'm sure he'll be winning slams in the near future. I wouldn't be handing over the trophy to Federer just yet, I'm hoping for a tight affair between him and Stan, if Stan turns up things could get interesting but I'll go for Federer to win with Djokovic beating him in 3 tight sets on Sunday.

I can't wait to see Del Potro back and healthy and generally being a nuisance at the top of the game, shame with the injuries over his career which have cut out a lot of his best years. If he can find his top level and stay consistent he can definitely challenge the Big 3 but without that consistency he'll just blow hot and cold
Early break for stan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stan looks up for this, great game to break.
Original post by Sirocco11
Stan looks up for this, great game to break.

Thing is, I'm more interested in the final and I'm not convinced that stan will be fab against djok in the same way that fed could be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg double break. Fed. Gech yo gaym ohne

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Omg double break. Fed. Gech yo gaym ohne

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breakback mountain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thing is, I'm more interested in the final and I'm not convinced that stan will be fab against djok in the same way that fed could be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm yeah well one can hope. Apart from when he came back down to Earth Stan reached Aus Open 2014 levels in this first set. Just has to sustain it and if he does make the final he may have the crowd with him at least, who Djokovic still struggles to square with.
Hmmm yeah well one can hope. Apart from when he came back down to Earth Stan reached Aus Open 2014 levels in this first set. Just has to sustain it and if he does make the final he may have the crowd with him at least, who Djokovic still struggles to square with.

I wonder why the crowd dislike Djokovic so much? ?

Anyway. Kudos to stan right now. Fed needs to do something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder why the crowd dislike Djokovic so much? ?

Anyway. Kudos to stan right now. Fed needs to do something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure they dislike him, but he's just unfortunate to be in an era of the adoration of Federer and Nadal. He struggles to understand, even with how personable he is how he's usually rooted against, especially when he plays Federer. It's not always something that comes in to alter the outcome of a match, but Djokovic is definitely affected it by it more than someone like Nadal, who has faced year in year out the opposition of the French public at the Open and still managed to dominate it.

It's amazing to see Federer dominated by Stan like this. He's literally resigned himself to defence and trying to wait for Stan to make errors.

It's amazing to see Federer dominated by Stan like this. He's literally resigned himself to defence and trying to wait for Stan to make errors.

Feelin a bit scared for federer right now. I'm not sure I can deal with watching this haha
Stan has just fallen to Earth I think. Federer should sweep the final set.

Shame for Stan, the pressure finally got to him at the end of the set. Still, best match at the tournament by a long way.
thank the lord its a decider
Stupid umpire.
Yeah, bad overrule there...
Original post by Badshah
Stupid umpire.

What's the beef? I only caught part of it on the commentary?
Best match of the tournament by far! Stan has played unbelievably well tonight, and Fed is starting to match him as his game is slowly returning to Earth.

Stan hit a shot out, the chair umpire overruled the line judge to say it was in. The ball was clearly out.

Then at 0-40, Federer was confused about the score, apparently he didn't hear the umpire's overrule. He should have challenged, but then it should never have been overruled in the first place.

The first point of the 3rd set, Wawa hit a pass which was called out and replays also showed that it was out but the stupid umpire overruled it and Fed didn't hear the overrule and only realised it at 0-40 call.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Stan hit a shot out, the chair umpire overruled the line judge to say it was in. The ball was clearly out.

Then at 0-40, Federer was confused about the score, apparently he didn't hear the umpire's overrule. He should have challenged, but then it should never have been overruled in the first place.

repped, thanks!

Oh no. sounds like trouble right now. fed needs to calm down.

Quick Reply

Latest