Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Feeling slightly better now spent some time with my flatmate once her friends were gone which was nice my stomach seems to have settled - no longer feel as nauseous which is nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to hear :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Ohh ok, so could maybe use the other leader still without having to change units She wouldn't stop me doing it, she just wouldn't mentor me or anything I don't think- I could ask though. It'd be nice to get it done before uni if I can so I can maybe join a brownie pack there (wherever 'there' is :lol:) or something. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, im pretty sure, as long as its a qualified leader that is happy to be your mentor then you can do it with them, all they do is sign off what you have done when you have evidence youv done it.
    it can even be a family member if you have one in guiding.
    my mum was my mentor because she was the only qualified leader in my unit, and that was fine.

also your mentor doesnt have to sign EVERYTHING off, i have other peoples signitures in my book, like other leaders, division comisioners and such.
    ask if you can with the unit leader, if not ask your old leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I hate putting myself out there to be kind and helpful and being ignored for it Makes me feel so vulnerable, needy, and paranoid when I really have no reason to do so.
    :console:

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't think how they affect other people. I would try to not let that put you off being kind and helpful - there are a lot of people who do appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I cant do this. I dont want to live in a world where existing is excruciatingly painful and every moment- waking or otherwise- is hellish. I cant do it and Im acutely aware that this world would be a better place if I didnt exist. For it surely must get better than this. And I would see them again

ReputationRep:
    Uni seems to have fallen through :sad:

Was looking forwards to it too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :console:

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't think how they affect other people. I would try to not let that put you off being kind and helpful - there are a lot of people who do appreciate it.
    Yea its not their fault. Just my feels and all that. I'm not a naturally helpful person, so its like effort for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Uni seems to have fallen through :sad:

Was looking forwards to it too...
    Oh no what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Oh no what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically I was doing an apartment swap with a lecturer there whos spending time up in Manchester. But she isn't going any more it seems so I'd have nowhere secure to stay in Cambridge. I couldn't live in halls/shared; that'd totally destroy me and just wouldn't cope so it looks like its off.got an email back from the head of studies who basically agrees.

Gonna contact the Manchester area unis tomorrow, but I don't hold out too much hope as its really late and I have literally no qualifications :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Hope the induction thing-y went well Which did you do? Walk or bus? I agree - trains are much better :yep: (Plus music for whichever way you travel! :awesome:)

Glad that money stuff is looking better + sounds good about training/NVQ stuff!
    Ended up walking, much happier with doing that instead, and it doesn't cost a penny

I was gonna post about it the other day but stress and busy and blargrlgl.

Had to fill out a lot of forms at the induction thing, and one of the things involved any medical conditions. I ticked mental health problems but didn't specify what, so when asked i told the teacher about my anxiety and depression. Turns out she also suffers from real bad anxiety problems!

We ended up having a chat about the problems we've had how we dealt with them, and she was saying if i wanted to have a signal in classes to show i was having a panic attack. It was really nice to see someone else who could relate so well.

We also chatted about how people won't have a clue that you have anxiety issues from just looking at you, or even if they know you, since we try to get on with things and hide it.

Start my 6week training course next week, even visiting nursing homes and all sorts, nervous but excited :3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone awake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    Anyone awake?
    Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone awake?
    just about, you okay?

(Original post by samba)
    Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?
    same great match so far, just annoyed Murray has fallen behind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)

same great match so far, just annoyed Murray has fallen behind!
    Awesome first set, total crap since the tie break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    just about, you okay?
    (Original post by samba)
    Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?
    Hey you two! I didn't realise the tennis was on is it the US open or something? I'm fine just wide awake somehow

ReputationRep:
    Hey you two! I didn't realise the tennis was on is it the US open or something? I'm fine just wide awake somehow
    Yep, US open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yep, US open
    Awesome! who's Murray playing?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! who's Murray playing?
    Novak, or I wouldn't be watching pm inc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Novak, or I wouldn't be watching pm inc
    I like Novak! Thank you for the pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Awesome first set, total crap since the tie break.
    yeah, though he's broken back now so should make things more interesting again!

hey yeah it is, I couldn't sleep earlier so figured I may as well watch it! maybe do something that makes you feel sleepy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Yep, US open
    I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja: Sorry to hear about the uni thing btw bud :console: Have you considered Open University? The one where u can do it online, if im thinking of the right thing. Especially since it sounds like one of the biggest worries sounds like the "forced" social interaction with people.

I love playing tennis, not one for watching it though Don't really watch much of anything nowadays.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.