Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tbh Fa Cup> Champs league anyway for us
    Oh wait... Man Utd at Old Trafford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Is it really that hard to admit that Monaco played the perfect game against us?
    I ****ing said that. Monaco= :adore: fair play no point denying it.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Don't worry Prod, he just needs something to do on a Wednesday night, I would make a Thursday night channel 5 dig, but we can't even due that thanks to last season

Having said that I'd rather we didn't come top 4 now, I'm sick of this cycle and honestly what top player would join us now they know we're complete bottle jobs even against average European sides
    If we're out of the top four how easy will it be to get back into it? Don't wanna do a Liverpool, no thanks Jeff. But you're right, it sucks but we move on and see if we can end this Ro16 curse. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    yeah perfect game.. they planned on giving us multiple clear goal scoring chances.. and they planned that our strike force would **** them all up, dispite often only having the goal keeper to beat..

They planned on our defense and midfield making stupid mistakes for the goals, and they planned on creating very little else except what was caused by our mistakes.

Dont try and hide away by saying they were good.. they were average at best.

We made them look good though, by being so utterly terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    In all honesty, I thought Monaco were superb. A lot of their young players should feel very proud of themselves tonight.
    This was easily their best performance of the season, and might be their best in CL history. They can hold their heads high.

ReputationRep:
    Lol stop, you were ****e

ReputationRep:
    At this rate everyone knows how to figure out Arsenal. Dulwich Hamlet are even seeking that opportunity to knock them out in the FA Cup

ReputationRep:
    I'm telling you...Ospina your time's up mate. Bring back the Shezza.

Man...it makes you realise how **** our goalkeeping options are.

ReputationRep:
    The loss is all down to Wenger tbh and that's because of the last window. Shocking that we're using Bellerin at RB ( who is gob****e) and shocking we didn't buy a CDM after crying out for one. Also a ****ing joke we didn't buy a striker until Giroud received a 3 month injury. Our current weaknesses are all exposed by our lack of signings it's ****ing ridiculous.

It's not improving next year with Wenger either. We'll probably sign another CAM and 14 year old right back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ospina could have easily saved the 1st and 3rd goal. 2nd one can't really say much
    Nah not the 1st one. He puts his weight on his left because that was where the ball was going, the deflection takes it away from him.

I felt like he flapped at the 2nd, didn't come out as fast as he should have.

Szczesny would have saved the 3rd goal simply because he's taller, Ospina is 6'0 and barely got a finger to it. If that's Szcz, that going around the post and out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'm telling you...Ospina your time's up mate. Bring back the Shezza.

Man...it makes you realise how **** our goalkeeping options are.
    We only have De Gea and Valdes...

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fan's be like:

https://vine.co/v/O2m2Q1zlZeH

ReputationRep:
    Their tactics weren't exactly a surprise though, everyone and their dog knew what they would try and do so it shouldn't have been allowed to be "the perfect game".

Side note, as much as I love Henry as a personality his analysis leaves more to be desired. Over hyped by Sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    We only have De Gea and Valdes...

Give us one sharing's caring.

ReputationRep:

19 February 2013 Round of 16
    Arsenal 1-3 Bayern

15 February 2012 Round of 16
    Milan 4-0 Arsenal

6 April 2010 Quarter Finals
    Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

If you look at this and think there's not something seriously wrong with the club and Wenger you must be either brainwashed or just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Arsenal fan's be like:

https://vine.co/v/O2m2Q1zlZeH
    You're loving this aren't you :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Give us one sharing's caring.
    We'll only have one of them come Summer.
    You can have Amos, if you can find him. Potential

ReputationRep:

If we're out of the top four how easy will it be to get back into it? Don't wanna do a Liverpool, no thanks Jeff. But you're right, it sucks but we move on and see if we can end this Ro16 curse. :hugs:
    Very true, but let's not call it a curse, a curse suggests we can't do anything about it, we can, by not underestimating our opponents and being extremely tactively naive on the managers and players account

ReputationRep:

Prod you are one of the few. Of course, I am sure someone on here will just say I'm faking my praise to save face, or just being weak or w/e, but I am willing to admit we were bad, and they genuinely outplayed us.

We are out of the CL, so we should focus on the FA Cup and PL. We can get top 3 in the league, and beat United as long as we don't mess about resting players for the away leg in Monaco.

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    yeah perfect game.. they planned on giving us multiple clear goal scoring chances.. and they planned that our strike force would **** them all up, dispite often only having the goal keeper to beat..

They planned on our defense and midfield making stupid mistakes for the goals, and they planned on creating very little else except what was caused by our mistakes.

Dont try and hide away by saying they were good.. they were average at best.

We made them look good though, by being so utterly terrible.
    They planned to sit back, absorb pressure, and hit us on the counter. It worked perfectly. No team in the world can go to the Emirates and expect to have no efforts against them, so Monaco were relying on us messing up, and we did. We then ran about like headless chickens, took off our defensively minded midfielder, and pushed our defenders up, which helped them even more.

Hide away? Don't try to be arrogant, most fans expected us to walk all over Monaco, because most fans are clueless and think "French and not PSG? Must be easy." They are a good team, who stuck to a strategy, and came away victors.

ReputationRep:
    You're loving this aren't you :lol:
    How could you tell?

Don't worry though guys, it's not winning the Champions League that counts, it's qualifying right?

ReputationRep:
    "It's difficult to understand" - that explains the last 10 years.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.