The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
jakeg146
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The defence was too easily split apart, but that's what happens when he plays a left winger at right back and a cm at cb. Even Mike played unusually poorly today and he does play better with Jones in the team, but he always has a chipped toenail or something so is out. Darmian was also a liability.
Attacking was entertaining,I thought and think Lingard plays well, he attacks and although he doesn't always get through he runs at players which is what we want to see. It was poor from Van Gaal to take him off because he missed if that was the case, i dont think he understands that its about confidence for the players. And that shows in Rooney and Memphis's performances today were exciting and what Manchester United are all about.
Fellaini would possibly make a decent goalpost but thats all he can do
Helpmepickone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rooney was sensational today, reminded me of him a few seasons ago. When Memphis came on he also looked a threat and i think based on his last two performances off the beanch he deserves to a start a game. Whenis gonna realise that the tree is not a CDM. GET RID OF HIM
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jakeg146)
The defence was too easily split apart, but that's what happens when he plays a left winger at right back and a cm at cb. Even Mike played unusually poorly today and he does play better with Jones in the team, but he always has a chipped toenail or something so is out. Darmian was also a liability.
Attacking was entertaining,I thought and think Lingard plays well, he attacks and although he doesn't always get through he runs at players which is what we want to see. It was poor from Van Gaal to take him off because he missed if that was the case, i dont think he understands that its about confidence for the players. And that shows in Rooney and Memphis's performances today were exciting and what Manchester United are all about.
Fellaini would possibly make a decent goalpost but thats all he can do
Lingards finishing ability is just awful he's done this so many times this season already where he has missed sitters and it's cost us. Now i'm not blaming the loss of points on him but it's chances like those (and Fellani's) that we should bury to seal the game off...
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A new manager cannot change result like tonight when your defenders can't defend properly and prefer to wrestle instead of heading the ball away from danger whilst a corner is being taken.
Hamza0010
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
A new manager cannot change result like tonight when your defenders can't defend properly and prefer to wrestle instead of heading the ball away from danger whilst a corner is being taken.
I couldn't agree more. To be fair however, Newcastle did deserve the point, great determination form their part

Posted from TSR Mobile
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really need to teach your players that wrestling moves get cards/give away pens, try not to....

Swear me and my Dad jinx these games. He put a bet on Man Utd to win both to score, I put money on Mitrovic to score Newcastle to win.....3-3...lol.
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rooney and Smalling swapped souls today
Funky_Giraffe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Two points:

1. I don't think the Smalling/Mitrovic tussle was a penalty at all. If you look carefully, Mitrovic is also all over Smalling when the corner comes in.

2. When we attack, why can't we defend?!?! We were all over the place in the last 20 or so minutes.

Thoughts?
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://vine.co/v/iMdQbr2lK7q

You mad or nah? :lol:
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Zayn Malik)
i suppose the YouTube compilations you watch to judge talent don't show misses do they
I watch the match individual highlights so I won't miss one if they did miss any
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Wow.

https://twitter.com/UnitedNewsID/sta...35539711655937
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Becoming an increasing problem for United now. Over the course of numerous games our players have been seen to 'wrestling' the opponents during set-pieces and we got away with it a few times.

Fire the fool who's teaching them how to defend set pieces. This aint WWE.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All this will do is force LVG to go backwards and play like we did against Sheffield United as he'll say "my point is proved, we're too loose at the back" etc. Rooney was good tonight, his second goal well taken and hopefully this is the start of a goalscoring run. Tottenham winning, potentially, tomorrow makes the Liverpool game must win so dropping the two points not ideal. Lingard is a squad player for me, took his goal well but he's missed good chances before and his only use will be to play in behind and create space for others. Fellaini messing up the one thing he's in the team for sums up the general mood around him, was fortunate not to be sent off.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol love how LVG shows some real anger but immediately writes in the notepad after each flare of emotion.

I can imagine him walking into the dressing room singing..

You better score goals, you better not dive
You better defend, I'm telling you why
LVG is coming to town.

Oh I've been making a list, checking it twice,
gonna tell you who's been benched tonight,
LVG is coming to town! Oh yeah! I've got all the stats written down,
minority possession...you clowns.
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good game lads. Hopefully we'll be up in mid table with you come the end of the season.

:borat:
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Piss off
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, if all of those draws in the past were games like this, then I would not be on the LVG out brigade

Great game, with some pretty stupid mistakes from us. Newcastle should have had a pen in the first half which is probably why the ref gave them a "soft" pen as although wrestling is not allowed, almost everyone does it and Mitrovic started it anyways.

Good game bar the result
Senecaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Always thought Fellaini was quality at Everton. Never the same player for us unfortunately.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
This was my breaking point. Lovely entertaining game but our season is done for me. Highly unlikely we will finish in the top 4 this season unless we bring new players in this Jan window.

The worse thing is, i fear Liverpool will take us apart next weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
R u srs?
We're abysmal at the moment.

Even with a fully fit side (which we're nowhere close to), I doubt we'd be able to beat you anyway.

Yeah we've upped our game against top teams this season but with the amount of players we have out, I literally don't have a clue where a goal could come from.
All we could pray is that Firmino has a randomly amazing match (like vs City) and Benteke does what he did in the reverse fixture (which you still won...).
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Senecaa)
Always thought Fellaini was quality at Everton. Never the same player for us unfortunately.
He was never quality - he's an absolute scrotum. He isn't as bad anymore but it's clear he has little true quality. No offence but it's pretty embarrassing that he's a regular first team player in a club like Manchester United, regardless of how things are for you.

Never seen a player as obviously dirty in my life. He used to get away with more stuff than I've ever seen. Elbowing people in the face every game, used to sicken me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (83)
18.65%
Labour (185)
41.57%
Liberal Democrats (91)
20.45%
Green Party (33)
7.42%
Brexit Party (15)
3.37%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.12%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)