Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackiee98)
    Can anyone remember what mass they got for the yield question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also thought it was odd they even asked a question about fats and health given the recent breakthroughs that says fats probably don't cause increased risk of CHD...did anyone else find that really untopical given that loads of scientists now disagree/ we don't really know whats fats do

ReputationRep:
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    only when the stitches are photodegradable they turn into carbon dioxide and water which they aren't.
    I'll refer you to the textbook again. Page 60 "A biodegradable polymer is a polymer that breaks down completely into carbon dioxide and water" and again on page 55 "Poly(lactic acid) is biodegradable"
    I struggle to see your argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    I'll refer you to the textbook again. Page 60 "A biodegradable polymer is a polymer that breaks down completely into carbon dioxide and water" and again on page 55 "Poly(lactic acid) is biodegradable"
    I struggle to see your argument?
    my mistake sorry`

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I will get away with writing "sixtet" instead of sextet on the NMR question?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the acid hydrolysis question with hcl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NervousBoy)
    That's an 18 carbon skeletal carbon chain? It was C17
    It was 18 C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahil_)
    Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that NH3+ and COOH were formed after the hydrolysis.

ReputationRep:
    Right people honestly opinions of grade boundaries for an A after seeing the marks that people have dropped I don't think people now think it was as easy as they first thought, so grade boundaries and honest opinions? It's not going to be over 50 because Jan 2013 was easier than today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackiee98)
    Can anyone remember what mass they got for the yield question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukemurp890)
    Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that NH3+ and COOH were formed after the hydrolysis.
    No like what the actual molecule being hydrolysed was, I am trying to remember if I put that as my answer

ReputationRep:
    Just checked for questions with reagents and conditions on for diazotisation, June 2013 in the markscheme says specifically to allow conc HCl but do not allow conc H2SO4 woooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahil_)
    i got stuck at this question thinking would the hydrolysis ever happen with dilute HCl. still ended up wrong writing NH2 instead of NH3+ lol :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATP123)
    Just checked for questions with reagents and conditions on for diazotisation, June 2013 in the markscheme says specifically to allow conc HCl but do not allow conc H2SO4 woooo
    ? you cannot perform the reaction with conc HCl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    ? you cannot perform the reaction with conc HCl
    And June 2015 paper says to ignore any reference to concentration so idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATP123)
    I honestly love you right now

ReputationRep:
    @ChemistryALevel on twitter says grade boundary prediction is 50 :/

ReputationRep:
    noo i forgot to mention HCl... just left it as HNo2 ... y oh y

ReputationRep:
    Is the Anyone that can remember questions and write them? And then we can find out the answers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.