Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

(Original post by Ezme39)
    Something happened, or a general feeling?
    general feeling

Glad you are ok btw :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I got my PIP results. I didn't get I got 6 points for daily living and 4 for mobility. Can't say I'm surprised with the results tbh.

The report is quite contradicting though. Some of what they have wrote is blatant lies! No shock there.

And so begins the appeal, I suppose. I really cba with that though :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I got my PIP results. I didn't get I got 6 points for daily living and 4 for mobility. Can't say I'm surprised with the results tbh.

The report is quite contradicting though. Some of what they have wrote is blatant lies! No shock there.

And so begins the appeal, I suppose. I really cba with that though :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did they lie about?

Hope the appeal and everything goes well :hugs:*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    What did they lie about?

Hope the appeal and everything goes well :hugs:*
    That I don't need help with my bowel condition and that incontinence is rare despite my doctor confirming I get it a few times a week at least and I'm going for more tests, that I don't have a cognitive or mental condition that prevents me from eating or engaging with people which is the polar opposite from the letter my GP sent in saying I need nutritional help due to restrictive diet of what I can or can't eat due to my contamination fears plus my bowel and that I have paranoia, especially with strangers and I cant go out alone and that I have verbally lashed out at strangers before which contradicts what the DWP say that I'm fine and dandy with people.

Thanks, will keep you all updated with everything :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Huge hugs, Spock's Socks. These idiots sound so effing incompetent grrrr :mad:

(Original post by Pathway)
    Yeah, basically everyone offline said I should - if I get a lower grade than I originally got then I keep the old one. So it doesn't really matter I guess. I just couldn't Thank you though. :hugs: I hope you're okay?

:grouphugs: to everyone.
    I'm sorry you were put under so much pressure Huge hugs.

I'm sliding a bit but feeling better today than I was yesterday, so hopefully that helps

(Original post by LesPaul_Player91)
    Hey, haven't posted in a while.

In a really bad place at the moment, this MA has really been bad for me. It's almost over but my dissertation's going awfully which is just making things worse. This time last year I was the best I've ever been and likely to get - after a hell of a lot of therapy my outlook on life was far more positive, my social skills were better thanks to working in a theatre and my self confidence was high, now it's like this year's undone all of that. I'm a nervous wreck, my anxiety's sky high and I'm the lowest I've felt in years, I'm feeling overwhelmed in all social situations, having frequent meltdowns and can't sleep.

I've made a doctor's appointment so I can try and get an extension on the dissertation although I couldn't care less about passing at the moment, I just feel I owe it to my parents as they've supported me financially. I did this degree with the best of intentions but I feel it's the biggest mistake I've made and it's had such a negative impact on me, and undone so many years of hard work in terms of learning to live with my autism, anxiety, OCD and depression I just can't wait for it to be over so I can try and rebuild my life (again).

Apologies for the rant.
    Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear that this process of doing a Master's has been so destructive for you. It's a shame that it's set you back so much Really hope you can start to successfully rebuild your life again once you've completed it. Hang on in there and know we're all here to support you as you try and get to the finish line :hugs: :console: :yep:

(Original post by Ezme39)
    I'm in such a head spin!!
    Had an okay day- busy but not stressful- a good chance to recover from my anxious London weekend
    Anyways...
    went for a pub quiz with friends tonight, and got wrapped in toilet paper for one of the rounds, and had a small panic attack. They were pretty cool about it, all guys, and I had a fun night in all.
    Got home, and an old flame had sent me a few flirty messages. Turns out, he wants me back! It seems almost too perfect, and my emotions are all over the place! He wants to talk it through, and says he treated me unfairly.
    I'm so scared that I'll do something wrong and spoil it all. This is the first day in a few months that I've got genuine hope and excitement. It feels amazing

I hate to sound like a party pooper and I'm not sure what the story is with your old flame... but just make sure if he treated you unfairly once, that you're not letting him back in only for him to do it again

ReputationRep:
    *shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    *shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    *shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*

Are you new here? If so, welcome!

If not, ignore me: I have memory problems

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Huge hugs, Spock's Socks. These idiots sound so effing incompetent grrrr :mad:
    Thank you :hugs: feeling a lot better about it all now. I'm still raging at the report they wrote but I'll just have to get on with it. A good rant about it to my mum and cuddles from my kitties has helped a lot

ReputationRep:
    *shy, low voice* Hi

*Go hides*
    Howdy and welcome to the thread :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hugs: feeling a lot better about it all now. I'm still raging at the report they wrote but I'll just have to get on with it. A good rant about it to my mum and cuddles from my kitties has helped a lot
    Glad you're feeling better about it - you're clearly more stoic than me (which is a good thing!) :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling the best I have felt in years looking forward to starting college soon, my mood isn't low and not hearing many voices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    I'm feeling the best I have felt in years looking forward to starting college soon, my mood isn't low and not hearing many voices
    That's great Best of luck for college :hugs: what you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    hi *hides, while clutching on white bunny teddy bear* :bunny:

Are you new here? If so, welcome!

If not, ignore me: I have memory problems

:getmecoat:
    me new *hides* :bubbles:

Howdy and welcome to the thread :wavey:
    Hi *hide* :charm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    That's really great! I hope college goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    That's great Best of luck for college :hugs: what you going to study?
    An access to science course. So excited!

ReputationRep:
    hi *hides, while clutching on white bunny teddy bear* :bunny:

me new *hides* :bubbles:

Hi *hide* :charm:
    Awww no need to hide - you are very welcome and should feel at home!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive ben thinking about leaving college. Im about to start year 13 and im not looking forward to it at all. im an a depressed state most of the time and i can already tell that my anxiety is going to flare up really badly when i'm back. My family aren't really all that understanding of my mental health issues so im basically lost.

Also the wost thing is that my grades have actually gone down and in the mocks that we did i tried my best at them and revising but everyone still managed to get way better results than me so I guess leaving college would be better too??

idk what i want really.
    Probably isnt the best place to write this cos this is like a serious thread for serious ppl who acc have serious problems but meh.
    I would just like everyone to go away.
    What is even the point in asking how i am bc im not going to give u some detailed answer bc everyone is always so busy and has their own issues and im no-ones prerogative so yes.
    I just annoy everyone constantly even if they dont say it ik i do.
    Just idk meh

ReputationRep:
    Awww no need to hide - you are very welcome and should feel at home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me very shy and have two forms of anxiety, so it happens. *hides*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.