The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-level-results

Guess they were a mathmo, missed STEP

Looking at those grades makes my head hurt
    I didn't need to see that :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)

They probably flopped STEP big time.

(Original post by Insight314)
    Is there a U grade in STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    You cant say that. They may well have got 1,2. The Alevel results will not sway their decisions on missed offers or summer pool spots. Essentially everyone who misses their offer does because of step and very many get 3,4,5 or even 6 A*s

ReputationRep:
    Is there a U grade in STEP?
    S,1,2,3,U

ReputationRep:

Yes I'm guessing they missed STEP badly and maybe the A was in a required A* subject like FM. Cambridge would forgive the A in FM if they had hit STEP, and the insurance (probably Warwick) was strict on the A-level requirement.

And there's no point doing 5 A-levels if it compromises your ability to meet a 3 A-level Offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    You cant say that. They may well have got 1,2. The Alevel results will not sway their decisions on missed offers or summer pool spots. Essentially everyone who misses their offer does because of step and very many get 3,4,5 or even 6 A*s
    I doubt they would've also missed their insurance if they got the likes of 1,2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

S,1,2,3,U
    I see
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes I'm guessing they missed STEP badly and maybe the A was in a required A* subject like FM. Cambridge would forgive the A in FM if they had hit STEP, and (probably Warwick) was strict on the A-level requirement.

And there's no point doing 5 A-levels if it compromises your ability to meet a 3 A-level Offer...
    Tip for any prospective applicants reading this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fa991)
    I doubt they would've also missed their insurance if they got the likes of 1,2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is true. They could have gotten anywhere from 2,2 downards.

My point is that many (hundreds) will have excellent alevels, all A*s, and missed their offers due to STEP but it doesnt mean they obtained a terrible score.

Sadly, the Alevel grades are practically negligible at this stage, only carrying importance if they have been missed

ReputationRep:
    Name:  13920930_945761562217244_890747730975971185_n.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  19.2 KB

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Name:  13920930_945761562217244_890747730975971185_n.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  19.2 KB

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post66870904

A positive of me missing my offer is that I won't have to see that ugly pic I sent to Newnham of myself ever again

ReputationRep:
    A positive of me missing my offer is that I won't have to see that ugly pic I sent to Newnham of myself ever again
    I remember the sinking feeling when I realised the SAQ picture would be on my student card...

(Original post by alow)
    I remember the sinking feeling when I realised the SAQ picture would be on my student card...
    I don't even know what's worse. I took a pic at my insurance for a temporary library card and my friends are telling me that goes on my ID.
    At least in the SAQ pic my eyes look the same size.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I literally took a little selfie from my sitting room, didn't realise its significance

ReputationRep:
    hahaha XD Stealing my rep

ReputationRep:
    Then theres me.
    A*A*BB after 3yrs of a levels.
    Im a ****ing retard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If only I had known that they use it for your ID card...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    well thank **** im not going to cambridge coz i look like an actual terrorist in that pic

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.