Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :lol: yeah.. don't be caught with 2 phones though :lol: (one being one of those nokia phones.. :erm:) maybe a cell phone will do though, and make it clear to the other person that you're calling from a cellphone.

:rofl: I don't know either :iiam: obvs it's different from uni to uni but one guy who does Chem at my uni does a maths course for people who hate maths or don't have much practice with it, so you'll probably be fine :lol: it'll be the chem that's a nightmare tbh, I don't even know how you do it at A-level with OCR :eek4: :hide:
    :lol: ayyy dem Nokias aint that bad... I mean they're more of a weapon than a phone tbh :rofl:
    Alright will do!

:lol:
    Omgggg really?! Ooooh imma ask about that bc I meaannn i can barely count xD

Omggg salters took the pissssssss. I feel like it's not too bad if you have the right teachers, a good memory, and if you aren't doing OCR Salters :rofl: literally had no resources :cry2:

But I feel like it's the only science I can do without wanting to die ukno? Like biology has its own bloody dictionary and I can't deal with that. There's not enough storage space in my brain.

And physics is for superhuman minds, the opposite of what I have :lol: so chem is just right
    *famous last words*

ReputationRep:
    **** THERE IS ONLY 11 DAYS ..

Im praying we get hit by a comet and we are all wiped out, so I dont have to see my results ...

ReputationRep:
    C3 C4 S2 Edexcel Maths grade boundary predictions???
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :lol: ayyy dem Nokias aint that bad... I mean they're more of a weapon than a phone tbh :rofl:
    Alright will do!

:lol:
    Omgggg really?! Ooooh imma ask about that bc I meaannn i can barely count xD

Omggg salters took the pissssssss. I feel like it's not too bad if you have the right teachers, a good memory, and if you aren't doing OCR Salters :rofl: literally had no resources :cry2:

But I feel like it's the only science I can do without wanting to die ukno? Like biology has its own bloody dictionary and I can't deal with that. There's not enough storage space in my brain.

And physics is for superhuman minds, the opposite of what I have :lol: so chem is just right
    *famous last words*
    :rofl: :awesome: I'll keep that in mind :rofl:

Yes, I'm sure you will

Yeah check your module catalogue thingy if you can see it. Though some uni pages for their modules are so confusing and useless :hide:

does Salters have anything to do with it being Chemistry by any chance? :iiam: asking the real questions here. (I know it offers bio and physics presumably but still) or maybe they are salty in their marking or something. Sounds crazy difficult though, having 0 resources must not be fun.

:rofl: fairs, you'll be fine, maybe, probably. As long as you don't let stuff pile up ya know and keep on top of lab work in particular, and balancing having a life too :lol:

Give yourself a bit more credit than that :hand:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :awesome: I'll keep that in mind :rofl:

Yes, I'm sure you will

Yeah check your module catalogue thingy if you can see it. Though some uni pages for their modules are so confusing and useless :hide:

does Salters have anything to do with it being Chemistry by any chance? :iiam: asking the real questions here. (I know it offers bio and physics presumably but still) or maybe they are salty in their marking or something. Sounds crazy difficult though, having 0 resources must not be fun.

:rofl: fairs, you'll be fine, maybe, probably. As long as you don't let stuff pile up ya know and keep on top of lab work in particular, and balancing having a life too :lol:

Give yourself a bit more credit than that :hand:
    Haha when you wanna catch a pokemon but you dont have any pokeballs just knock it out with a nokia :lol:

They are confusing sometimes so I just gave up but I'll have another look!

Ooooohhhhh hunny dont even get me started
    Rant
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah it's taught based around context rather than content. Made by a saltmaker company I think. You have 2 textbooks, one for reference, one for context. And like it would talk about how steel is useful/ how it was made and then tell you which page you can find the mechanisms and theory behind it on.

Just a mess really, textbook questions have no answers, no glossary, no online resources, a tonnneeeeeee of unexplained practicals - which is what we spent our lessons doing instead of actual content, the specification is weird as well and it seems like OCR B didnt even have it in mind when making their exam papers this year -_-
    They are sooo picky with their mark schemes it's unbelievable.
    /rant

Oh well I'm happy it's all over though I can't believe I made it out alive! Well... we'll see on results day for sure :lol: but regardless **** OCR and **** Salters. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Need 210 UMS in edexcel maths.

66/75 C4
    60/75 C3
    50/75 S2

Is that enough? Im ****ing terrified.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Haha when you wanna catch a pokemon but you dont have any pokeballs just knock it out with a nokia :lol:

They are confusing sometimes so I just gave up but I'll have another look!

Ooooohhhhh hunny dont even get me started
    Rant
    Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah it's taught based around context rather than content. Made by a saltmaker company I think. You have 2 textbooks, one for reference, one for context. And like it would talk about how steel is useful/ how it was made and then tell you which page you can find the mechanisms and theory behind it on.

Just a mess really, textbook questions have no answers, no glossary, no online resources, a tonnneeeeeee of unexplained practicals - which is what we spent our lessons doing instead of actual content, the specification is weird as well and it seems like OCR B didnt even have it in mind when making their exam papers this year -_-
    They are sooo picky with their mark schemes it's unbelievable.
    /rant

Oh well I'm happy it's all over though I can't believe I made it out alive! Well... we'll see on results day for sure :lol: but regardless **** OCR and **** Salters. :lol:
    That's too cruel :noway: :hide: :cry:

:rofl: so they want to make it as difficult as possible for you to do well, I see. Fun. That means though that you might just be fine for uni good luck :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's too cruel :noway: :hide: :cry:

:rofl: so they want to make it as difficult as possible for you to do well, I see. Fun. That means though that you might just be fine for uni good luck :lol:
    Maybe a bit :hmmmm:

Mhmmmmmm. Trust me man I had a blast :yep: that's trueeeee I heard they use their textbooks in like second year of uni so hopefully! Thanks
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by 89778thatguy)

66/75 C4
    60/75 C3
    50/75 S2

It may just about be enough judging by previous boundaries from the top of my head, but none of us can say for certain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Haha fair enough, I always get excited for the Olympics - I think it's the thought of knowing how hard the athletes have worked to be there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you have to appreciate how much work the athletes have put in, but I guess I'm just not interested in things like equestrian like you mentioned haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    Are you...are you alright?
    I am great, thank you.

More importantly, are YOU alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 89778thatguy)

66/75 C4
    60/75 C3
    50/75 S2

Honestly, I think, yes. Normally yes. But this year a lot of people did well on C4 and S2 is generally not a tough exam so we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I did do AQA Lit B But I knew straight away that I had failed AS, but I didn't know the true extent of my failure :rofl: I tend to stress about everything really... I mean, if someone does something to hurt me and we argue, I struggle to sleep until the issue is resolved, even if I have to apologize to them myself :rofl:
    Argh gosh that must be terrible, I sleep like a baby tbh, I doubt I would have any problems sleeping in the middle of a motorway . We did the same exam, maybe it's just me but I feel with lit exams you always do way better than you think. I hope this result goes well for you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    What are peoples grade boundaries for AQA MPC3? With all the petitions and complaining etc, I hope the B is around 40/75, then I should scrape an A overall

ReputationRep:
    I ask a lot of questions but... one more. I don't really like my insurance choice, so if I don't make it to my firm, can I enter Clearing without rejecting my insurance place?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by pecora)
    I ask a lot of questions but... one more. I don't really like my insurance choice, so if I don't make it to my firm, can I enter Clearing without rejecting my insurance place?
    No - you'll need to be asked to be released from your insurance choice if you want to enter clearing.

10 days, time is flowing fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    The 100m final is on at 2am LMAO
    I go to bed at 5am anyway lmao
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    You can't apply through clearing while holding an offer and most universities will not speak to you about the chances of a place if you have a place elsewhere.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then you are best off contacting them ASAP (by phone) to explain that you wouldn't want to take up a place with them and to ask what they need from you to make sure that doesn't happen on results day.

If you wait until results day to decide/get in touch then you're unlikely to be in clearing until the Saturday/Sunday after results day. That's a significant delay before you can sort out a clearing place.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Olympic gymnastics is the best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.