The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Martial's form worrying atm - probably the after effects of a Euros in which Deschamps didn't show much confidence in him and things going on in his personal life but he will come good, for sure. Valencia and Shaw really playing a big role in our attacks, former's even taking players on! I still don't see Rooney being in the team helping them from an attacking sense despite his cross and what was, an improvement in performance from last Sunday. Once Mkhitaryan is fit, him behind Zlatan would be good to try out. Mata will get dropped eventually.
    He played well v Bmouth and played well today, obviously he's not going to see the ball as much because last year our tactic was to "pass it to Martial", now we are a more complete team. His form is fine, he is running at people and causing havoc and is just a matter of time before he clicks with Ibra and Pogba.

ReputationRep:
    Pogba played really well, the way he just runs past people is amazing to watch I feel like our team has starts everywhere and a lot of players who get me excited, Its like we're a big club again. There is danger everywhere Martial Mata Rooney Ibra Pogba Shaw Valencia even Fellaini !

ReputationRep:
    i hope that mou dont bench martial as he will lose confidence and worst be like Memphis

ReputationRep:
    Mou needs to stop teasing us and just bench Fellaini and Mata

Schnei & Mkhi pls

ReputationRep:
    Slightly worried all this Mkhitaryan on the bench stuff could influence his play. He still played well when he came on and looked determined to get things done but there is only so long someone can bare joining a new club after being bundesliga player of the year and not getting a sniff at starting.

Don't think he's going to get the Kagawa treatment but he has played well enough and while Mata has been fine he's not done anything particularly special thus far yano?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Mou needs to stop teasing us and just bench Fellaini and Mata

Schnei & Mkhi pls
    Fellaini has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped.

One of Rooney/Mata will be benched for Mkhitaryan by October. Guarantee it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it'll take until October tbh. I reckon benching Mkhitaryan is just about not having too many new players in the 11. Ibra and Pogba were always going to play, and he's gone with Bailly at the back, so Mata is just giving a bit of stability. But the early signs are that those 3 are adjusting okay, so there's less risk in bringing in Mkhitaryan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Fellaini has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped.

One of Rooney/Mata will be benched for Mkhitaryan by October. Guarantee it.
    As long as you keep Fellaini in a defensive position and make sure he doesn't do his usual red card offences, he could be a really useful player for you.

Always hated him and never understood why he wanted to be more attacking, but in all honesty he's not a bad guy to have in front of your defensive because of his size and relative experience.

Rooney is a step off the pace and I can't see Mourinho persisting with Mata. Not when you have Mkhitaryan on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Don't think it'll take until October tbh. I reckon benching Mkhitaryan is just about not having too many new players in the 11. Ibra and Pogba were always going to play, and he's gone with Bailly at the back, so Mata is just giving a bit of stability. But the early signs are that those 3 are adjusting okay, so there's less risk in bringing in Mkhitaryan.
    Yeah I thought this too. Mou dont like a lot of rotation early on. I reckon after the cup game.

ReputationRep:
    Annoying thing about the Mkhitaryan situation is you know once Mou eases him in he's going to be a fixture in the 11. I do agree with the rational though, I think Jose wants to slide him into a functioning team. He's bigger and faster than Mata so I can see why he'd be preferred on the RW there where he's going to be expected to push on past Zlatan. That said, Mata is clearly working really hard, his pressing and closing down game is light years ahead of where it was under LVG, as his goal against Bournmouth showed. He's never going to be a physical threat but I can't fault his work rate at present.

With Pogba in the side now, I feel Mata has more of a chance, our team is actually pretty beast physically. I disagree with Jam about the reason for height, I think its more a defensive issue than a attacking reason, but we can nearly put out a 6ft+ team. Once we get the defensive positioning sorted, with a keeper like DDG guarding against long shots, if we want to close out a game not that many side will feel optimistic swing balls into a box with Bailly, Smalling, Pogba, Fellaini, and DDG in goal.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect Jose is also using Mkhitaryan to try and get Mata/Rooney to up their game. He's putting pressure on their place.

ReputationRep:
    Excited to see Mkhitaryan play. Offers another threat with his forward runs and can take on a man. Right side will be much stronger with him in and Valencia showing his old form.

ReputationRep:
    Referring has been shocking in the league so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Referring has been shocking in the league so far.
    What are you referring to?

ReputationRep:
    All these interviews I've seen of Pogba, he seems so genuinely happy that he's back playing for us. Either that or he's a brilliant actor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    What are you referring to?
    General decisions across the league.

Costa somehow escaping red cards, second yellows and penalty decisions to name a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    General decisions across the league.

Costa somehow escaping red cards, second yellows and penalty decisions to name a few.
    Congrats on your results btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    All these interviews I've seen of Pogba, he seems so genuinely happy that he's back playing for us. Either that or he's a brilliant actor.
    Pogba just loves lyf. He'd be happy at anyone who could pay him the money to keep up his lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Congrats on your results btw
    Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    If Pogba was any bigger

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.