• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the Doctor could ever regenerate into a woman. Sexism aside, it would be kinda weird for him to just change sex during a regeneration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I don't know. I think Tennant's perfect for it. Supposedly the next will be James Nesbitt which would be phenomonal and awesome in lots of ways
    Damn typos. When will you people learn to proof-read?

I've heard various rumours, such as John Simm (which would be weird) and Sigourney Weaver. Which would be pretty darn cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    I would hate to follow the widely considered best doctor ever...

But surely given yesterdays episode, he is gone?
    Watch the episode more carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I shall apologise for all the quoting and the MASSIVE post - I've only just read 16 pages after refusing to even touch this thread before I watched it (tonight).

(Original post by Introspectre)
    James Nesbitt would be amazing! Although, I do fancy a bit of Doctor shaped Dylan Moran!
    All I can see is Dylan Moran in Black Books style.
    "doctor, wake up!"
    "What time is it?"
    "10:30"
    "What? 10:30?! What do people do at 10:30?!"

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Dalek Caan was saying, "(He) can see it...the death of his most faithful companion". So, maybe something goes wrong with the regeneration, and so the Doctor needs fixing; in other words, the companions have to go back and stop the Doctor from being hit.

And this is where Rose's prediction of Donna's death comes in. When they go back, she runs between the Doctor and the death ray, therefore saving the Doctor, and reverting him back to DT.
    Nice theory. I hadn't thought of that. HOWEVER, wouldn't then end up in a Rose-saving-her-father-type affair with the time space thingy just falling apart?

(Original post by secretmessages)
    My theory on the regeneration...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Doctor's old hand is in the TARDIS, and Jack knows about it... it contains his current DNA... think of that what you will
    Again, like it a lot. We have been heavily focuse on that recently...

(Original post by Rob801)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She also had the drumming in her head just before that, and she seemed to be wearing a large ring, similar to the master's ring
    Like others, I really thought this was heartbeat. I'd have to try and find the rhythm of the drums again and play back Donna's 'beat', but I thought the drums were a duh-duh-dum, and this beat was a dum-dum (does that even make sense?!)

(Original post by Dude)
    That was easily the best Doctor Who episode EVER, even better then Blink.
    Blink gave me nightmares that week.

(Original post by upturnedpalms)
    Is it just me, or is there a touch of the Magnificent Seven/ Seven Samurai about this?

1) Rose
    2) Martha
    3) Donna/ family
    4) Torchwood gang - Jack et al.
    5) Sarah Jane Smith
    6) Harriet Jones
    7) The wonderful Doctor.

A world periodically attacked, one man appointed as saviour with his supporters, discrepancy in weapons, outnumbered by evil, unexpected full on war, fallen comrades...
    Adding to the 'seven' theory, did you notice the Dalek's use 'Battle Formation Seven' when destroying the families house?

ReputationRep:
    My personal theory as to what happens next:

Spoiler:
    Show
    At the Shadow Proclamation it appeared that the weird bug was back, suggesting that Donna did something to create the whole situation. Perhaps the fact that she told the Doctor about Rose and "Bad Wolf" was what she shouldn't have done.

In other words, Donna will somehow realise what's gone wrong, then "change" it so that she never told the Doctor of what Rose said to her. Hence the Daleks will never steal and invade Earth, and the doctor won't regenerate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)

Spoiler:
    Show
    At the Shadow Proclamation it appeared that the weird bug was back, suggesting that Donna did something to create the whole situation. Perhaps the fact that she told the Doctor about Rose and "Bad Wolf" was what she shouldn't have done.

In other words, Donna will somehow realise what's gone wrong, then "change" it so that she never told the Doctor of what Rose said to her. Hence the Daleks will never steal and invade Earth, and the doctor won't regenerate.
    Only problem with that theory is

Spoiler:
    Show
    that the Darleks would still steal the Earth whether the Doctor knew about it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Only problem with that theory is

Spoiler:
    Show
    that the Darleks would still steal the Earth whether the Doctor knew about it or not.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I suppose, but perhaps Rose's meddling (by switching between universes and crap, giving Donna a message to pass on) is what enabled the Daleks to bring back Davros and breed a new race.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As someone else has said, I think the hand may be important. I seem to remember that early the episode there was a wide angle shot which looked like it was trying to make it obvious that the hand was in the tardis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As someone else has said, I think the hand may be important. I seem to remember that early the episode there was a wide angle shot which looked like it was trying to make it obvious that the hand was in the tardis.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the hand is obviously going to be used in the plot, but its been a major plot line in other stories so what are the odds that it will be used again? Unless its used somehow to return the Doctor to his Tenth Regeneration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the hand is obviously going to be used in the plot, but its been a major plot line in other stories so what are the odds that it will be used again? Unless its used somehow to return the Doctor to his Tenth Regeneration.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I was originally sceptical, but it really looked like they wanted you to know it was there.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible that he regenerates and is in the xmas special....remember it is possible to have multiple doctors(like in the children in need special)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)

Spoiler:
    Show

Well..

Spoiler:
    Show

I re-watched that episode and what the woman said sounded like "There is something on your back" but I think it was actually "There was something on your back"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScamC...eature=related
    Go to 2minutes 18seconds.

It sounds very much like Was. and Donna's reply also makes me think as she says "How did you know that?" Otherwise she would've asked "Can you see it? or How DO you know that? (as it's present tense)

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned this on the other thread but no one seems to have picked up on it here, Harriet jones phone call used the "sound of drums" does anyone think it might mean something?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just a note about the Donna heartbeat thing....I think it has to have something to do with the drums thing, maybe if its not the orginal drum beat but the idea of that storyline, linking it to previous events/the master, if you get what I mean.
    My reason: I don't think Dr Who has ever used the 'heartbeat' effect for Donna, certainly never as a narrative tool, maybe as just a music effect (not specific to Donna)....why would they bring in a random moment where Donna hears her own heartbeat, her character has never done that before...Dr Who after all, under the supervision of one Russell T Davies, is all about patterns and the like, so naturally you look for links, and it did sound eerily like the drums moment...especially in the way that they shot it....('zoning out', mid/close shot, increase in volume etc)

Aaaaah I don't know!! God this is one hell of an episode!!

Edit: 'Spoiler'ed, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole donna-time lord thing, maybe she's romana?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasps26)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just a note about the Donna heartbeat thing....I think it has to have something to do with the drums thing, maybe if its not the orginal drum beat but the idea of that storyline, linking it to previous events/the master, if you get what I mean.
    My reason: I don't think Dr Who has ever used the 'heartbeat' effect for Donna, certainly never as a narrative tool, maybe as just a music effect (not specific to Donna)....why would they bring in a random moment where Donna hears her own heartbeat, her character has never done that before...Dr Who after all, under the supervision of one Russell T Davies, is all about patterns and the like, so naturally you look for links, and it did sound eerily like the drums moment...especially in the way that they shot it....('zoning out', mid/close shot increase in volume etc)

Aaaaah I don't know!! God this is one hell of an episode!!
    Spoiler it, but yes, read back through the last 10 or so pages, most other people agree

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also her name and job, Donna Noble Temp, translate from latin (well italian for donna) as Woman Lord Time, i.e. female time lord, hence my suggestion that she might be romana, if you've watched some old dr whos.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Robob)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole donna-time lord thing, maybe she's romana?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Interesting theory.. it's certainly not ever been stated that Romana died.. the Doctor has always maintained that he was the only Time Lord left but he's been proved wrong about that. Hmm. Not sure, the whole name thing could just be coincidence/a red herring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Interesting theory.. it's certainly not ever been stated that Romana died.. the Doctor has always maintained that he was the only Time Lord left but he's been proved wrong about that. Hmm. Not sure, the whole name thing could just be coincidence/a red herring.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Interesting theory, but Donna has a Mum and a grandad. There's no evidence so far presented to suggest she was adopted at any age (and I'm sure it would have been mentioned if it was withinher memories) and I couldn't see a timeLord regenerating as a baby to be adopted. May just be me though!

I still think the most likely member of the family to be a TimeLord is Wilfred (Donna's Mum's Dad) since the other 2 don't see anything abnormal in their childhoods, Donna's Mum took til the last episode to accept Donna does travel through time and space while Wilfred never doubted her and always supported her.

Ooooo, and I don't think the paintball gun was the same as mine May have been a Tipman though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somebody)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Interesting theory, but Donna has a Mum and a grandad. There's no evidence so far presented to suggest she was adopted at any age (and I'm sure it would have been mentioned if it was withinher memories) and I couldn't see a timeLord regenerating as a baby to be adopted. May just be me though!

I still think the most likely member of the family to be a TimeLord is Wilfred (Donna's Mum's Dad) since the other 2 don't see anything abnormal in their childhoods, Donna's Mum took til the last episode to accept Donna does travel through time and space while Wilfred never doubted her and always supported her.

Ooooo, and I don't think the paintball gun was the same as mine May have been a Tipman though :p:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Perhaps, but I'm getting more and more sure that donna is at least part time lord, but doesn't know it. Also Wilfred may be but also doesn't know.

Anyhu, on the whole Romana thing, I wikied her, and found some interesting stuff:

(Original post by wiki)
    The White Guardian originally assigns Romana to assist the Doctor during the quest for the Key to Time, a series of linked serials which constitute the whole of Season 16 (1978-79)

From the article on that episode: A figure presenting himself as the White Guardian commissions the Doctor, Romana and K-9 to find all six segments of the Key to Time, a cosmic artifact resembling a perfect cube that maintains the equilibrium of the universe. Too powerful for any single being to possess, it has been split into six different segments and scattered across space and time, disguised by the raw elemental power within them into any shape or size. However, the Guardian claims that the forces balancing the universe are so upset that the segments of the Key must be found and assembled, to stop the universe so that he can restore the balance. - Perhaps that is what the key is, I don't know, but it almost makes sense.

She is mentioned in Arc of Infinity, where the Doctor, in response to a reprimand from the High Council of Time Lords for "leaving [her] behind", retorts that she "chose to remain in E-Space". Ward also appears as Romana in the 1993 charity special Dimensions in Time.

In "The End of the World" (2005), the Ninth Doctor stated that his homeworld had been destroyed and that he was the last of the Time Lords. Whether Romana was killed with the others, or is still alive in E-Space or elsewhere, has not been specifically established on screen.

An article by Russell T. Davies in the Doctor Who Annual 2006 states that Romana was President of the Time Lords during the Last Great Time War against the Daleks (see below), which ended with Gallifrey being destroyed. As with all spin-off media, its canonicity in relation to the television series is open to interpretation.

In the BBC Books Eighth Doctor Adventures novels, Romana undergoes a second regeneration, and her new incarnation (Romana III, whose appearance was modelled on silent movie actress Louise Brooks) is far less sympathetic and far more ruthless than the other two. This third incarnation pursues the Eighth Doctor in a story arc which results in the obliteration of Gallifrey and the apparent retroactive wiping out of the Time Lords from history. However, it is hinted in Tomb of Valdemar by Simon Messingham that Romana may be one of a few Time Lords who survived this cataclysm, possibly in a fourth incarnation.
    It definitely seems possible, and would explain a lot, but its just conjecture, because to be honest RTD can do anything he wants. But bringing romana back would be cool .

I've got a few theories about the above stuff, but can't really be bothered to type them out at the mo,

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My theory:

We know that David Tennant is coming back. Watching the eipsode back the Dlaek DEFINITELY doesn't shoot right through him, it only goes through part. My theory is therefore that only one heart is affected, and so the Doctor only half dies, and is half regenerated: same body PLUS another one.

This link (originally provided by squid) is full of spoilers about the Christmas episodes, so don't look if you really don't want to know things. BUT it's also very, very informative. http://planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/...s-special.html

Morissey's trailer is labelled "The other doctor", and there are references to him being incomplete in certain ways.

Obviously can't be certain about this, but it seems more than possible...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.