Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel irrelevant. Like there's no place for me in society.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone :hugs: Not posted in here for ages. Don't really know why. Mixture of things really - uni worries, family worries, car worries, friend worries - didn't want to bog you all down as it all seems pretty irrelevant stuff to what some of you are going through :hugs:

Becki, I saw your post yesterday. I've been thinking of you too. Infact, I was going to talk to you on MSN last night but then I lost my courage to say hello as I felt pretty small and not worth talking to.

I feel really down today and it's not even 9am Been on facebook and I'm just so stupid. One person's status just makes me really anxious and upset. I should be able to manage this and get by. I should know by now that everyone has their own lives and I'm not part of some of those lives anymore and other people now are. But no, I can't.

I'm so worried about uni. I've got it stuck in my head that I'm going to be living in a bubble as I don't belong in this world. I won't make any real friends. People won't like me. One guy in my house is already becoming a control freak just from conversations on MSN. I'm going to become a recluse, I can tell.

I don't want it to be this way anymore. I need some love and support and there's no one to give it to me to help me realise that some people, two or three in particular, are not worth my time or effort and that I deserve better. :bawling:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Hi everyone :hugs: Not posted in here for ages. Don't really know why. Mixture of things really - uni worries, family worries, car worries, friend worries - didn't want to bog you all down as it all seems pretty irrelevant stuff to what some of you are going through :hugs:

Becki, I saw your post yesterday. I've been thinking of you too. Infact, I was going to talk to you on MSN last night but then I lost my courage to say hello as I felt pretty small and not worth talking to.

I feel really down today and it's not even 9am Been on facebook and I'm just so stupid. One person's status just makes me really anxious and upset. I should be able to manage this and get by. I should know by now that everyone has their own lives and I'm not part of some of those lives anymore and other people now are. But no, I can't.

I'm so worried about uni. I've got it stuck in my head that I'm going to be living in a bubble as I don't belong in this world. I won't make any real friends. People won't like me. One guy in my house is already becoming a control freak just from conversations on MSN. I'm going to become a recluse, I can tell.

I don't want it to be this way anymore. I need some love and support and there's no one to give it to me to help me realise that some people, two or three in particular, are not worth my time or effort and that I deserve better. :bawling:
Liz, it's going to be fine. I can hardly see the rest of your housemates agreeing with that guy, honestly. Uni is about getting away and I really can't imagine people wanting that. :hugs: You won't be a recluse, people will want to know you!

-----
ARGH. I want to have support when I get to Brum but it's really not happening. Have to wait till I get there, then there'll be waiting lists and it's too long. If the people here could be bothered, then it'd all be fine, but no. Mehs.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Liz :hugs: I've been thinking of you too. Sorry I haven't been in touch - I've tended to be hiding when I've been online and I don't really know why. Next time I see you online I'll say hi

I feel very vulnerable and fragile at the moment. Had a very upsetting counselling session just now and now want to curl up in a ball, hideaway and cry
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Hi Liz :hugs: I've been thinking of you too. Sorry I haven't been in touch - I've tended to be hiding when I've been online and I don't really know why. Next time I see you online I'll say hi

I feel very vulnerable and fragile at the moment. Had a very upsetting counselling session just now and now want to curl up in a ball, hideaway and cry
:hugs:

Want to talk about it?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)

Want to talk about it?

I don't know. I was talking about my friend. I said things I haven't even written down before. I miss her so much.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Kate, Becki and Jonathan :hugs:

Kate - hun, when you get to Brum, find a GP (probs at uni) and then just pester them everyday. If the waiting lists really are that long, look into a private place. Even if it's £40 for an hour and you go twice, that's £80 well spent if it stops you jumping. Anyone just needs to look through your file and see how messed up things have been with the NHS and stuff. Take Brum as a new start...a time where perhaps they'll get it right. Don't give up.

Becki - as Jonathan said, do you want to talk about it? PM or text me if you do. :hugs: Stay strong, I know you can do it.

Jonathan - how are you? :hugs:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Anyone around?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Anyone around?
Hi Laus :hugs:

Are you ok? :hugs:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm around if you wanna talk laus.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm around if you want to talk :hugs:
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys, how are you all?
I feel wierd. I feel that everytime I like a guy I fall for them really badly and it always ends in heartache.
Like this guy at college, I like him and I've already been for a drink with him but I see it ending up like every other potential relationship. I get too clingy, they don't like me back and I end up really badly hurt.
I don't know why I do it. It's like I just feel this need to be loved..If you get what I mean.
Meh.I dunno anymore.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone there?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone there?
:hugs: are you ok dear?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
:hugs: are you ok dear?
No I've had enough of everything. I can't cope.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Listen.

Enjoy.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Liz for texting me this morning :love: it meant alot.

College was ok, was a bit of a day, but was altight.
I started with psychology, and i am really really looking forward to getting my teeth into that subject this year, i really am going to work my hardest.
Then i had ICT, which was ruined, because i noticed i could feel a small lump on my neck just below my ear, this really worried me and kind of ruined my whole mood, i couldnt concentrate after that.
I phoned the doctors and they said they would get a doctor to phone me up, this was around lunch, and i had decided i would go home. But the doctors phoned and said just keep an eye on it and monitor it for now.
i was still going to go home, but i didnt.
I went to my last lesson which was biology, and im so glad i went, i really am so proud of myself, today has been a massive bit of progress, because last year, if anything upset me (in this case, the lump) i would usually run a mile and go home, but i stuck with it, and im truly happy i did.

How is everyone else :hugs:
Thinking of all of you :love:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone there?
I'm here. :hugs:

Do you find life surreal?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I've had enough of everything. I can't cope.
You can cope, i know you can, its hard to think like that i know, but keep on trying.
Everyone here deserves a break, a chance to break free from our problems, and with the effort i see you all put in, i really feel you deserve to get well, and that means you too becki, i wont let you disagree.

:hugs: has anything in particular upset you that you want to talk about? xx
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm here. :hugs:

Do you find life surreal?

None of this is real. It's all a big bad dream.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise