Report 9 years ago
I just pray for the best you will get what u deserve if u worked hard i fink
Kulpio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CertifiedAngel)
and argh for some ****** up reason i put the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase instead of lactate dehydrogenase, argh this sucks cos it wasnt that hard :'( FML!
Same XD
Remarqable M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Good Apollo)
I can't understand in what kind of ****-eyed person could cook up a paper like this and think it was acceptable... It penalises people for learning the specification, and encourages people to bluff their way through the "fluffy" questions. I may actually write OCR a strongly worded letter.
Yes sir and write big boldly so as to get it in their head!
but i think ocr emphasised more on application than root memorisation.
maniacsandwichbar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kulpio)
Yes, the AP. In Presynaptic membrane, triggers Calcium channels to open, which activate acetyl choline vesicles to move and bind with the membrane and the acetyl choline goes into the cleft via exocytosis
And surely exocytosis is an example of secretion?
bullolozer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Summerdays)
I meant glycolysis, in terms of anaerobic respiration.

Makes sense. Only thing which might be an issue is that a big fat flubbery thing like that must rely on aeorbic more than anaerobic.
TheMikester69
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Remarqable M)
lol how can they have slower metabolic rate seals live in cold climate
so their metabolism is likely going to be faster. Liver releases heat by respiration to keep the seal warm.
Yes but water temperature doesn't fluctuate much, and seals are adapted to live in their environment.
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bullolozer)
Yeah but a stunted artery to vein is not a type of blood vessel. I would agree with you but they were so vague here that they will probably allow anything between artery and vein lol. Including one that suggests both.

Also probably were looking if people were dumb enough to say Vein to Artery as that obviously would end up in an endless cycle
Clearly the book says that, google haemodialysis everywhere it shows a shunt, no where does it say Artery-vein or Vein-vein, its either artery-vein shunt or to be more precise: Artrio-venous shunt.Then again i cant speak for the rest as we don't have any MS .
Kulpio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by maniacsandwichbar)
I'd say so yah
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
6 of 57 members <---- gettin there.
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's what I thought..
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kulpio)
I'd say so yah
Nope.
Pur-Rulz
Report 9 years ago
I was completely and utterly ill when my class did Anaerobic respiration, so I put the Pyruvic Acid combined with CO2 to form Lactic acid. :/

At least I put about eight lines worth of the implications of all the Lactic Acid (i.e. pH decrease, Oxygen debt, some other thing I can't remember e.t.c).
Summerdays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bullolozer)
Makes sense. Only thing which might be an issue is that a big fat flubbery thing like that must rely on aeorbic more than anaerobic.
That's why I din't mention it, because that would deplete the limited oxygen supply quickly.

But damn, what a weird paper.
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The thing that was added to the blood (I can't remember the name I hadn't heard of it before) was that to stop the blood clotting? That's what I wrote anyway..
InvoluntarySlacker
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
:awesome: but the name has to match the body :shifty:, so I guess you should hit the gym. Also, I require a 20 carat diamond ring.
I'm working out as I am typing this. I'm on 5 and a 1/2 push ups and I can feel my muscles bulging. :dumbells:

How about I synthesise some from some charcoal, a microwave and copper wiring. :sexface:

I reckon I can get 0.2 carats out of that.
D_102
Report 9 years ago
anyone looking forward to unit 5?
bullolozer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
Clearly the book says that, google haemodialysis everywhere it shows a shunt, no where does it say Artery-vein or Vein-vein, its either artery-vein shunt or to be more precise: Artrio-venous shunt.Then again i cant speak for the rest as we don't have any MS .
No i mean you're absolutely right to say its a shunt but whatever drunk idiot wrote the question made the mistake of asking for a type of blood vessel. As a shunt isnt a blood vessel as its artificial then they have comitted an error. As they committed it they will pretty much accept anything. This is what we get for being guinea-pigs!
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I also think acetylcholine is secreted from neurones by exocytosis... i cant find any specific meaning for secretion which doesnt apply to acetylcholine, as some people implied.
bullolozer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Summerdays)
That's why I din't mention it, because that would deplete the limited oxygen supply quickly.

But damn, what a weird paper.
I wonder what qualifications you need to work for OCR and writing papers? Maybe a fishing license?
Remarqable M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by v1oXx-)
Fail.
the irony lol
you'vee got fail in big letters and in capital in your sig
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads