University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
Yeah thats why most people went to the accomodation open day, but tbh if it's student halls run by the university they're hardly going to be a ****hole. They have a fairly high standard of accomodation at Leeds aswell.
Not to mention they have inspections to make sure the flat is tidy etc etc. I remember when visiting my friend who lives at Lupton, he said about the inspections.
So no need to worry
naplescore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah thats why most people went to the accomodation open day, but tbh if it's student halls run by the university they're hardly going to be a ****hole. They have a fairly high standard of accomodation at Leeds aswell.
yes I heard about that. Anyway I applied for 52 Claredon Road and Sentinel tower...they're going to reply me by the end of august, when I'll be there. About these 2 uni accomodations I just know about the prices and location, once there I can realize if it suits me or not.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Oh dear. How come you'v been giving a different room?
Just said they made a mistake, same builder just closer to the ground :dontknow: Just hope it's not an all boys thing now
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Just said they made a mistake, same builder just closer to the ground :dontknow: Just hope it's not an all boys thing now
me too! ive been moved from 611A to GO8B was quite excited about being on the 6th floor lol x
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
me too! ive been moved from 611A to GO8B was quite excited about being on the 6th floor lol x
I'm on first floor, i was excited about 9th floor but it's probably more practical? maybe they prefer the upper floors to be empty as opposed as opposed to lower ones? :dontknow:
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
I'm on first floor, i was excited about 9th floor but it's probably more practical? maybe they prefer the upper floors to be empty as opposed as opposed to lower ones? :dontknow:
yeah, i was thinking that, it'l be easier moving in and everything!
ah well, I guess all the rooms are pretty similar on the inside? i didnt get to go to the accommodation day so ive never seen it
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah, i was thinking that, it'l be easier moving in and everything!
ah well, I guess all the rooms are pretty similar on the inside? i didnt get to go to the accommodation day so ive never seen it
i went to the accommodation day but never saw it. Lol
ljbuilder
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How do loads of you know what accommodation building you're definitely in and who's in your flat? I just got an email saying that I'll find out by the start of September. Have I done something wrong?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ljbuilder)
How do loads of you know what accommodation building you're definitely in and who's in your flat? I just got an email saying that I'll find out by the start of September. Have I done something wrong?
Those with unconditional offers found out about accom sometime last month, and I found out at the end of May as I'm a returning student.
cannella
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same thing here! I was moved from 4.03 to 2.03 in Oxley House. Doesn't really bother me tbh, but I do wonder why they're putting us all on the lower floors lol.

Do I just accept the new contract? I've already paid my deposit once...
emilymay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ahh, phoned accom up to make sure deposit went through and it hasn't! Really worried, Dad was sure the money had gone out the account. Hope he comes home from work early so I can get to talk to him and we can check it all out.

Also accomoffice, I asked about whether or not my flat was mixed or single coz I wanted to know the gender ratio, but they couldn't tell me is there any chance you can find out for me? Tannery block A Flat 811a Thank you x
FloRaRa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh, phoned accom up to make sure deposit went through and it hasn't! Really worried, Dad was sure the money had gone out the account. Hope he comes home from work early so I can get to talk to him and we can check it all out.

Also accomoffice, I asked about whether or not my flat was mixed or single coz I wanted to know the gender ratio, but they couldn't tell me is there any chance you can find out for me? Tannery block A Flat 811a Thank you x
Ahhh, did you have a suspicion that it hadn't and that is why you rang?
Or did you just want to double check? I am now worried that I should ring too!!
lluke_1992
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anyones in Bodington Hall Lattimore House C Let me know. I lived in that house last year and would be interested to know what flat your in
emilymay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by FloRaRa)
I just wanted to double check I was expecting it all to be fine I hope I can get it sorted! I don't want to lose my accomodation!!
RiiRii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FloRaRa)

I'm in the tannery block C, been to look today theres loads of renovation though! you doing a medical course? x
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RiiRii)
I've got a unconditional nursing offer aswell but signed up to the tannery, got told today its mainly all medical courses!
Famous with medical people, cos it's close to the hospital and the medicine end of the uni but i'm doing engineering...tho it is medical :teehee:
I just wanted to double check I was expecting it all to be fine I hope I can get it sorted! I don't want to lose my accomodation!!
I got an e-mail after i paid the deposit, though i went back on it today after my room changed and it doesn't show i've paid any money
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RiiRii)
I'm in the tannery block C, been to look today theres loads of renovation though! you doing a medical course? x
Do you know which bits are getting renovated specifically?
RiiRii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gina.x)
yay i can't wait to move in now! roll on september i'm doing law, what about you?
Im in tannery aswell! confirmed it today block C where abouts are you?
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Do you know which bits are getting renovated specifically?
All the kitchens are being redone, they're doing loads of painting and all the beds are being replaced by "junior doubles" (i.e. 4foot beds)
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Nope, still 2/3
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads