Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanfromtheblock)
    aaaargh my laptop is DESTROYED . having to use the on-screen keyboard, as only o and i work on the other one.

it's also constantly typing colons.

I can't do my coursework on the on-screen keyboard! :cry2:
    Plug in another keyboard? What happened to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thurin)
    And now, I wait. I feel so bad right now :sigh:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it when seeing that someone has a boyfriend makes me a bit sad. :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    In other news, this guy is ripping you off: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=959660
    Dastard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Plug in another keyboard? What happened to it?
    i don't have one, i'll need to look into that...

it's not just that though, it's running REALLY slowly and glitchily. and the cache for my browser isn't working (error messages) which I've heard is bad.

when i turned it on last night it made a really loud beep (from the laptop speakers even though i had external ones plugged in and muted)

my trusty acer seems to be at death's door :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Have an anshug
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Stats :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap, that audition was INSANE.

ReputationRep:
    Booked an awesomesauce holiday to Florida this weekend, for July

ReputationRep:
    I really miss having coursework.

Just dropping that in there.

ReputationRep:
    Three law exams down, one more to go. *Sigh* But meh competition law is quite straight forward. I'd rather take it tomorrow and get it out the way but have to wait until Thursday.

But... going to The Roxy straight afterwards woohoo :dance: and then moving out of London for the summer on Friday yay!

ReputationRep:
    First exam on wednesday. Eeep.

ReputationRep:
    Hello gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Hello gays.
    Long time, no see.

ReputationRep:
    Loving the sig, Gesar, aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    I really miss having coursework.

Just dropping that in there.
    I'm sooo fed up of coursework my 1000 word final question might as well be 10,000 words in Latin about quantom physics

ReputationRep:
    Moving out of uni this week - can't believe this year has gone so fast!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh - I've gone 4 weeks without getting close to my boyfriend, just being together and relying on Skype to keep up with his life. Cut a long story short he's not out to his gran (who he lives with) and doesn't want to offend her or upset her as he's moving in the next few months, but where we used to go to get close to each other is in plain sight of where she spends most of her time (it's a caravan on his drive and she sits in the window with the curtain open, then with the summer there's the added problem of the curtains being open longer and neighbours being about - one has already 'marked my card' so to speak and we're scared she'll try and out him if she saw us going in there (she's the type!), now I'm looking for a cheap travelodge or something just so we can spend some uninterrupted time together in a loving and close way, something we're both missing terribly and it's getting to me.

We can't really go to my house and be close because of my family - my dad refuses to accept I'm gay (referring to him as my 'mate' and my 'friend'), my mum's fine but she gets awkward (making jokes where they needn't be made) and my sister hates my boyfriend because he's a police officer and is anti-police - she also thought when he was unemployed (constructive dismissal) that he was leeching off me and what little money I'm earning (she didn't know what was going on and made assumptions on what she'd overheard and what vague information she had been told which she chose to relay to all her mates).

I'm really at a loss as to what to do, I love him terribly but I've got no money to spend and I really need to feel his warm body pressed against mine again

ReputationRep:
    Would love a girlfriend like Elin :teehee:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2afmk4g.jpg
    (Original post by mikelwhile)
    Ugh - I've gone 4 weeks without getting close to my boyfriend, just being together and relying on Skype to keep up with his life. Cut a long story short he's not out to his gran (who he lives with) and doesn't want to offend her or upset her as he's moving in the next few months, but where we used to go to get close to each other is in plain sight of where she spends most of her time (it's a caravan on his drive and she sits in the window with the curtain open, then with the summer there's the added problem of the curtains being open longer and neighbours being about - one has already 'marked my card' so to speak and we're scared she'll try and out him if she saw us going in there (she's the type!), now I'm looking for a cheap travelodge or something just so we can spend some uninterrupted time together in a loving and close way, something we're both missing terribly and it's getting to me.

We can't really go to my house and be close because of my family - my dad refuses to accept I'm gay (referring to him as my 'mate' and my 'friend'), my mum's fine but she gets awkward (making jokes where they needn't be made) and my sister hates my boyfriend because he's a police officer and is anti-police - she also thought when he was unemployed (constructive dismissal) that he was leeching off me and what little money I'm earning (she didn't know what was going on and made assumptions on what she'd overheard and what vague information she had been told which she chose to relay to all her mates).

I'm really at a loss as to what to do, I love him terribly but I've got no money to spend and I really need to feel his warm body pressed against mine again
    Awww, so cute :hugs:
    Does he assume his gran won't take it well? Is she more conservative? How did the rest of his family take it?

I wish your family would let up. At least your mum is trying (I reckon the awkward jokes are her just trying to just come to terms with it)

You could always try sneaking around his gran - mot when she's there of course; but if she has routine appointments or places to be, you could accommodate that time to suit yourselves. Unless of course he doesn't feel right doing so.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.