Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) Watch

This discussion is closed.
kishihime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Started my lessons today, day off tomorrow - yay!

Had Biology, the teacher seems pretty laid back. He concentrates more on independent work which I don't like that much, though I only have him once a week. There's another teacher, but I haven't met him yet. Then I had Maths, it was pretty stressful remembering stuff from 2010 even though it's only C grade GCSE statistics stuff. Again, there's apparently another teacher I have to meet. Lastly, Chemistry. I couldn't answer a C3 GCSE paper. I haven't had Physics yet though.

I'm mostly struggling to remember stuff from 2 years ago but hopefully it will all come back.
Choppie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lbsf1)
Just got my timetable, starting next monday. Only have 3 lessons per week of each subject, and only one lesson on a friday (2nd out of 4 periods). I'm pretty happy with my teachers as I have seen them before in the open days and they all seem competent apart from my maths teacher Kayoko Koyama who I have never heard of before .
I get my timetable on 10th. As far as I am aware, there is a maximum of 8 periods a day (8.30 am - 4.35pm), of which 1 - 3 will be free periods. I will have 5 lessons of each subject a week, one of which will be a double.
Choppie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
URGENT

My college doesn't seem to like the fact that my ICT qualification is AiDA. Despite the fact that I got an A* (Distinction, Level 2), they don't like the qualification, and haven't entered it on their systems. I now may have to do functional skills ICT alongside my 5 AS-Levels, despite the fact that I got the A* . I have just emailed my old school (which I did my ICT "GCSE" (they called it an ICT GCSE, but really it was part of a diploma - the asses!) at), but is there really anything that can be done?
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
URGENT

My college doesn't seem to like the fact that my ICT qualification is AiDA. Despite the fact that I got an A* (Distinction, Level 2), they don't like the qualification, and haven't entered it on their systems. I now may have to do functional skills ICT alongside my 5 AS-Levels, despite the fact that I got the A* . I have just emailed my old school (which I did my ICT "GCSE" (they called it an ICT GCSE, but really it was part of a diploma - the asses!) at), but is there really anything that can be done?
I don't understand why they'd want you to do another qualification with 5 AS's surely you can pursade them to look past it as you've already got into the college, and your not (I'm assuming) taking ICT any further. Tell them you wouldn't be able to achieve the best grades in your AS's if you also have to worry about a functional exam ICT (GCSE?).
Choppie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
I don't understand why they'd want you to do another qualification with 5 AS's surely you can pursade them to look past it as you've already got into the college, and your not (I'm assuming) taking ICT any further. Tell them you wouldn't be able to achieve the best grades in your AS's if you also have to worry about a functional exam ICT (GCSE?).
I don't see why they can't just accept that I have an ICT qualification that is supposedly the equivalent to an A* GCSE, and let that be that. I was under the impression that AiDA, CiDA, CiDA+, and DiDA were fairly standard qualifications from Edexcel..
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
I don't see why they can't just accept that I have an ICT qualification that is supposedly the equivalent to an A* GCSE, and let that be that. I was under the impression that AiDA, CiDA, CiDA+, and DiDA were fairly standard qualifications from Edexcel..
If I were you, I'd speak to your head of sixth form or something, and try to argue against it, because its a waste of time honestly.
yesiwasdrunk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At school right now during one of my frees.. Loving it, we have a cafe an wifi and stuff

This was posted from The Student Room's
rock.and.rose
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's my first week of sixth form over with.

I think I might sleep most of the weekend!
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh lord I was working throughout the whole of today. Maths was basic, yet the way the questions were worded made it that much harder. Chemistry, we just went over election arrangement, biology was just admin stuff, but we're doing a dissection next week :eek:. Psychology is the best so far. We just started covering attachments in children
Solivagant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh lord I was working throughout the whole of today. Maths was basic, yet the way the questions were worded made it that much harder. Chemistry, we just went over election arrangement, biology was just admin stuff, but we're doing a dissection next week :eek:. Psychology is the best so far. We just started covering attachments in children
A dissection as in cutting up animals?
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CJG21)
A dissection as in cutting up animals?
I think so. She didn't exactly tell us what it was. She said er had to do it as part of our course requirement
Solivagant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think so. She didn't exactly tell us what it was. She said er had to do it as part of our course requirement
I feel sorry for any vegetarians

In GCSE biology the teacher brought in a pig from the butcher and we fiddled with its lungs and hearts and stuff, maybe it'll be something like that.
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CJG21)
I feel sorry for any vegetarians

In GCSE biology the teacher brought in a pig from the butcher and we fiddled with its lungs and hearts and stuff, maybe it'll be something like that.
Same. Although she asked if anybody'll have a problem, no one said anything.

Maybe, hope its not anything too complicated, I'm soo tired
Leelad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was really enjoying sixth form, until my first Eng Lit lesson. The workload
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Leelad)
Was really enjoying sixth form, until my first Eng Lit lesson. The workload
Exactly the same, apart from the lesson. Sixth forms good if you aren't studying. I'm finding biology very tedious
JLKeating
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ARGH! Feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end. Today was the first day at my school (stupid day but anyway) and there was no ease into the subjects. It makes it quite daunting really :K: however, I'm sure I will get used to it all soon enough
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JLKeating)
ARGH! Feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end. Today was the first day at my school (stupid day but anyway) and there was no ease into the subjects. It makes it quite daunting really :K: however, I'm sure I will get used to it all soon enough
Don't worry about it, you'll get more used to it. We've hardly started AS subjects, yet I'm so tired
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by SophF_rth)
Hello. Had my enrollment day yesterday. Made a few changes to my subjects!
I was doing... Maths, Economics, Law, Politics & Psychology
Now am doing... Maths, Politics, Psychology & computing!

If you could edit would be great thanks
I've changed it for you now! Now we have no one doing law
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
I've changed it for you now! Now we have no one doing law
:cry2: s book doesn't offer further maths a level... So self teaching the whole thing as well... Yay or nay?
BWCW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
List your A-Level subject options and we'll put your name here. Please let one of us know by quoting this post and/or Pandora's post below
Ooh, I saw someone that asked you to add their changes - could you pop me under Psychology too now? Thank you v. much!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?