Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    So lucky! The IoE is a pretty high class institution so I am surprised there were so few of you.
    well they said that when UCAS opened, and with the new system, they just decidied to fish through the first bahtch of applications and pull in the first 'good lot' and get the ball rolling. Becasue applications only opened last week, we were the first lot! so there will be others!

I've also got an interveiw for MMU, would love to hear back from IOE as thats my first choice, then i can decided if i need to attend another interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Most universities prefer you to have passed before interview, I guess it is
    Used when assessing candidates merits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the IOE, the assesor mentioned the test in my 1-1. She said that I shouldn't worry as its quite straightforward. She said people stress themselves out over nothing. But she wasn't concerned that I hadn't done the tests yet. I just mentioned that I had 'researched' them and were aware of needing to do it

ReputationRep:
    Heard back from two unis today - two interviews! So pleased, I didn't even think I'd get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    well they said that when UCAS opened, and with the new system, they just decidied to fish through the first bahtch of applications and pull in the first 'good lot' and get the ball rolling. Becasue applications only opened last week, we were the first lot! so there will be others!

I've also got an interveiw for MMU, would love to hear back from IOE as thats my first choice, then i can decided if i need to attend another interview!
    MMU? May I know when you have the interview?

P.S. Congrats on getting favourable replies from unis. At least they did not reject you straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God!!!
    Application is over. Pressing a button will send a reference request to my refeeres and will make me unable to make further changes to my application. This is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Heard back from two unis today - two interviews! So pleased, I didn't even think I'd get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which ones?

Congrats, Airyfairy!

ReputationRep:
    MMU? May I know when you have the interview?

P.S. Congrats on getting favourable replies from unis. At least they did not reject you straight away.
    Manchester Met Uni. I've an interview with them on the 11th of December.

Yeah I'm very grateful jsut for interviews. I applied a few years ago with little experience and was rejected from the 5 that i chose, so doing a bit better this time.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester Met Uni. I've an interview with them on the 11th of December.

Yeah I'm very grateful jsut for interviews. I applied a few years ago with little experience and was rejected from the 5 that i chose, so doing a bit better this time.
    Woah! What you applied for? Getting a bit scared now.

ReputationRep:
    I just pressed the REFERENCE REQUEST BUTTON!!
    I can't change my application now! The wait begins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zogs)
    I have had one confirmation of receiving the application and nothing at all from the other one. I also applied last week (Wednesday)
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    Me I've applied for secondary business and also post comp just like you, haven't heard anything.
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I haven't heard a single thing either and I sent mine the day after it opened, so I wouldn't worry. I'm trying to tell myself I'm not already on a side pile anyway! Where have you applied?
    I've applied to Huddersfield, Sheffield Hallam and York College.

Good news today though - I finally got an acknowledgement from Huddersfield saying that they've received my application safe and sound So I guess my other choices have received it too.

Still no mention of an interview or anything, and still nothing at all from the other two whatsoever, but at least I know it's been sent.

Fingers crossed the rest will be in touch soon, and/or I'll get an interview. I don't mind waiting until January for interview, in fact I'd probably prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    I just pressed the REFERENCE REQUEST BUTTON!!
    I can't change my application now! The wait begins!
    Fingers crossed for you, the wait will hopefully be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woah! What you applied for? Getting a bit scared now.
    Manchter met and Worcester for Psychology and IoE for Social Sciences.

Don't be worried, even the assesors seemed to dislike the new UCAS system. Just a waiting game, they only offer my courses in 3 or 4 institutes and i'm not sure of the competition for places, so it may be that they're getting applicants in ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Fingers crossed for you, the wait will hopefully be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, Laurie! What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Manchter met and Worcester for Psychology and IoE for Social Sciences.

Don't be worried, even the assesors seemed to dislike the new UCAS system. Just a waiting game, they only offer my courses in 3 or 4 institutes and i'm not sure of the competition for places, so it may be that they're getting applicants in ASAP
    All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Oh God!!!
    Application is over. Pressing a button will send a reference request to my refeeres and will make me unable to make further changes to my application. This is it.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Which ones?

Congrats, Airyfairy!
    Edge Hill and Sheffield Hallam

ReputationRep:
    Ah got my final reference, so application is now sent. Now just for the wait! NERVOUS.

Good luck to all those with interviews this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    A word of warning to some of you waiting on references - all of the examples posted on here come across as whiney and self-important. I appreciate it is very stressful (I felt terrible waiting for mine) but make sure to put yourself across professionally. A quick e-mail saying you just wanted to check if you'd received the request as some people have been seeing it go straight into junk is fine, as if one follow-up mentioning that the course can close on thursday. But if I was being constantly badgered, I really wouldn't want to write any sort of reference for you, especially a nice one.
    A good point to make for sure. I do trust that everyone here knows where to be professional and where they can let that guard down, i.e, on TSR. My relationship with my reference is very casual and informal - in another community we'd be going for a drink together, for example - and although I'm relying slightly on this and allowing a little bit more of a cheeky plea in my communication, it still remains appropriate and she knows I am a professional person. I know she understands the situation fully and has likely been in it before from both my current position and hers, and wouldn't judge a mildly frantic tone even if it did arrive. It's so understandable to be fretting because your future is both under deadline and in the hands of someone else, and that someone else is being ignorant and self-important themselves if they didn't allow you a couple of cracks in your demeanor. Those cracks are meaningless, the job just has to be done, that's all that matters. I do appreciate it's slightly different with a more formal ref-applicant relationship.

Congrats those who are posting with good news.
    As always, if anyone has any Nottingham news please let us nervous Notts applicants know...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for the PGDE at Dundee?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Got an interview at MMU for Social Science, happy bunny

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.