Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    Apparently barts are going to be giving offers at the end of march!
    Where did you get that from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    Where did you get that from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was also told by my interviewer at the beginning of my interview that people interviewed during January and February are going to hear back at the end of March. He said not to worry as everyone hears on the same day.

Interview 26th Feb 3:25 Group A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliuk)
    I was also told by my interviewer at the beginning of my interview that people interviewed during January and February are going to hear back at the end of March. He said not to worry as everyone hears on the same day.

Interview 26th Feb 3:25 Group A
    Hmmmm maybe they changed through the interview cycle but mine was on the 21st January and I got told early-mid march :/ This is such a long wait!!! :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatnydguy)
    Nope. Only guys have to serve in the army. The girls go on to university directly after the A levels, so by the time the guys are entering the university as freshmen, the girls are already in their third year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the theory behind that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mee 123)
    Hmmmm maybe they changed through the interview cycle but mine was on the 21st January and I got told early-mid march :/ This is such a long wait!!! :bebored:
    That's what I was told as well. If it is end of March, this is going to be an excruciating wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuni530)
    On my birthday!! Eeeek . Hope i get a good Birthday present!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine is on the 16th and I will be away without easy access to the interwebs! So I hope it is the 14th, I don't want to be on holiday worrying about whether I have a place or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    What's the theory behind that?
    Just to clarify, you're asking why the girls get to go to uni while the guys get held back in the army right?

Well, I wouldn't wanna bore you with the specifics, it's just been this way since Singapore's independence in 1965 (which was when conscription started) Even our government can't come up with a convincing reason why up till now, only the guys have to serve. Girls are allowed to volunteer too though(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilfred87)
    Mine is on the 16th and I will be away without easy access to the interwebs! So I hope it is the 14th, I don't want to be on holiday worrying about whether I have a place or not.
    Here's to hoping we get an offer before the 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody use newmediamedicine.com as a medicine forum?

ReputationRep:
    Is there going to be an offer holders visit day for Bart's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-man)
    Is there going to be an offer holders visit day for Bart's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe there will be a Post Offer open day sometime in April

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatnydguy)
    Just to clarify, you're asking why the girls get to go to uni while the guys get held back in the army right?

Well, I wouldn't wanna bore you with the specifics, it's just been this way since Singapore's independence in 1965 (which was when conscription started) Even our government can't come up with a convincing reason why up till now, only the guys have to serve. Girls are allowed to volunteer too though(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I was, and that's quite strange/old-fashioned I guess. Seems a little unfair on guys, with girls getting a bit of a "head start" in terms of career.
    Do you find that you actually learn anything from the experience at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    Yes I was, and that's quite strange/old-fashioned I guess. Seems a little unfair on guys, with girls getting a bit of a "head start" in terms of career.
    Do you find that you actually learn anything from the experience at all?
    Yeah makes us men. Hahaha. At least it's meant to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huatah)
    Yeah makes us men. Hahaha. At least it's meant to do so
    Hahah, I can't help but feel sorry for the quiet guys who would rather get on with their education than join the army. Law is law though, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    I kind of want to know who I saw on Wednesday as I was there all day :ninja:
    Wednesday 26th? I was there! A blonde girl from Poland, had my interview at 1:55.

ReputationRep:
    Boarding applications for queen mary open already. Where's a good place to stay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blayenne)
    Wednesday 26th? I was there! A blonde girl from Poland, had my interview at 1:55.
    We probably spoke at some point then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huatah)
    Boarding applications for queen mary open already. Where's a good place to stay?
    I assume you mean halls of residence?

You should have three campus choices:

1. Mile End
    On the Queen Mary campus, ensuite, sharing halls with students that are not medics/dentists. A couple of food places on site, as well as the Mile End library which is fairly big, although not necessarily have the books you require unlike the library in Whitechapel (you also may have a hard time finding a computer that is spare in there). The gym is quite close by if you want to join a relatively well equipped gym that is quite reasonable priced for students.
    Also about 25 minute walk from Whitechapel. Unless you want to take the 25 bus up the road.
    Keep in mind that the non medics might finish that little bit earlier than you so may be a bit louder than you'd like when you're revising. Although that does depend on who is around you and such! (I didn't have issues there, but I know others who didn't appreciate the noise some evenings)

2. Floyer House - Whitechapel
    This is like two minutes away from the lecture theatre if you just want to roll out of bed in the mornings Fairly large rooms, shared bathrooms. Whitechapel library is really close (closer than the lecture theatre) so easy access around exam times when it's open 24/7. Only medics and dentists around I believe.

3. Dawson Hall - Barbican
    A bit further out in Barbican, but a lovely area! Charterhouse lawn is right outside and it's pretty awesome to be in the sun on the lawn in the summer. Only medics and dentists. Shared bathrooms. Usually quite a strong knit group is made in those who live there together There's a library down the road in Barts hospital as well, which is usually dead silent if that's what you prefer.

ReputationRep:
    I assume you mean halls of residence?

You should have three campus choices:

1. Mile End
    On the Queen Mary campus, ensuite, sharing halls with students that are not medics/dentists. A couple of food places on site, as well as the Mile End library which is fairly big, although not necessarily have the books you require unlike the library in Whitechapel (you also may have a hard time finding a computer that is spare in there). The gym is quite close by if you want to join a relatively well equipped gym that is quite reasonable priced for students.
    Also about 25 minute walk from Whitechapel. Unless you want to take the 25 bus up the road.
    Keep in mind that the non medics might finish that little bit earlier than you so may be a bit louder than you'd like when you're revising. Although that does depend on who is around you and such! (I didn't have issues there, but I know others who didn't appreciate the noise some evenings)

2. Floyer House - Whitechapel
    This is like two minutes away from the lecture theatre if you just want to roll out of bed in the mornings Fairly large rooms, shared bathrooms. Whitechapel library is really close (closer than the lecture theatre) so easy access around exam times when it's open 24/7. Only medics and dentists around I believe.

3. Dawson Hall - Barbican
    A bit further out in Barbican, but a lovely area! Charterhouse lawn is right outside and it's pretty awesome to be in the sun on the lawn in the summer. Only medics and dentists. Shared bathrooms. Usually quite a strong knit group is made in those who live there together There's a library down the road in Barts hospital as well, which is usually dead silent if that's what you prefer.
    Ty. The webpage links they provided were a tad confusing as to the layout of the rooms. Tks tks

I kind of want to know who I saw on Wednesday as I was there all day :ninja:
      Hey, were you the guy that arrived in the morning - with a red tie, I think?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.