Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe_P)
    It's going to be pretty tough, considering LSE is really competitive and the majority of candidates will have straight A grades, but none of us can tell you for sure whether it's worth applying, it's up to you to decide. Although it's only 1 choice in 5 so you might aswell.

Do you have any extenuating circumstances to justify the C and D?
    Yeah... That's what I was thinking too

Not really, I was predicted an A but I'm not sure what on earth happened, I'll definitely be retaking it.
    The D was a result of me flopping the third module, I got an A and a B in the other modules.
    And again, not really. I guess I was just under prepared & had very little advice, but it's my fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    How did asking to teach yourself go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    How did asking to teach yourself go?
    balls

she said maybe again, but at least I'm allowed to do stuff other than c3 and c4 in lessons now

ReputationRep:
    balls

she said maybe again, but at least I'm allowed to do stuff other than c3 and c4 in lessons now
    At least you can do something of use to you now. Surely the college can't stop you applying for units? Do you have many frees? Can you do work in them?

I just found out that such a thing as an AS further maths class exists (there's 4 people in it) and they have the exact same lesson times as mine so I should be able to just swap if I convince the relevant teachers so fingers crossed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    At least you can do something of use to you now. Surely the college can't stop you applying for units? Do you have many frees? Can you do work in them?

I just found out that such a thing as an AS further maths class exists (there's 4 people in it) and they have the exact same lesson times as mine so I should be able to just swap if I convince the relevant teachers so fingers crossed

Yeah exactly, they probably will submit soon enough, otherwise I'll get my mum involved which leads to them submitting. Can't talk no GCSE bull**** to me now.

I have quite a few frees, I can sometimes work but not as a effective as home.

Oh nice! so you won't need to self-teach?

Lmao you should've seen the class chopping that went on

Economics:
    Was - around 20 students
    Now - 6 students

Maths
    Was - around 20 students
    Now - 14 students

Further Maths
    Was - 6
    Still - 6

Economics got hit haard. I was the only person who got an A in the entire year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    x
    Hey, try not to hate me but can you change my unis again

Can you replace barts and the London and Liverpool with Keele and HYMS and can you also take me off chemistry since I probably won't be applying for it
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    I'm really quite excited for this year Except for my computing coursework... that I could definitely do without.

Spoiler:
    Show

Electronic Engineering
    AS subjects: Maths(A), Further Maths(A), Physics(A), Computing(A)
    A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing (Haven't been given predictions yet)
    Universities: Southampton, Manchester, Nottingham, +2 (undecided at the moment!)
    Thanks!
    Done!

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Hey, try not to hate me but can you change my unis again

Can you replace barts and the London and Liverpool with Keele and HYMS and can you also take me off chemistry since I probably won't be applying for it
    Never liked you anyway

Kidding, of course. Added!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    I used to take all 4 folders into school, but I got fed up of lugging them around, so I just took one folder and kept the notes in there for a week before putting them into the 4 respective massive folders at home It really works, give it a try
    They want me to use things from previous lessons though? How does that work?
    Me!! And I'm doing 4 A2s
    Content isn't more at A2 anyway just harder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Never liked you anyway

Kidding, of course. Added!
    Hahaha thank you

ReputationRep:
    I miss writing in books as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I miss writing in books as well
    Lol, I still write in books, I just buy them myself. Can't stand writing on pads of paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    Lol, I still write in books, I just buy them myself. Can't stand writing on pads of paper.
    Neither can I... I've thrown them all away so far :mmm: don't think the teacher was impressed :erm:

I have a book, that I think I'll use for Geography (I love the human teacher, physical teacher, she's a boring doctor )

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  1378407885972.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  101.5 KB
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, they probably will submit soon enough, otherwise I'll get my mum involved which leads to them submitting. Can't talk no GCSE bull**** to me now.

I have quite a few frees, I can sometimes work but not as a effective as home.

Oh nice! so you won't need to self-teach?

Lmao you should've seen the class chopping that went on

Economics:
    Was - around 20 students
    Now - 6 students

Maths
    Was - around 20 students
    Now - 14 students

Further Maths
    Was - 6
    Still - 6

Economics got hit haard. I was the only person who got an A in the entire year!
    No quite, your AS levels are far more important and schools always submit to parents

I find it quite hard to work at school, it can be really noisy and there are about 1.5x our year in the year below and of course they're likely to work less.

I will have to a little bit, they've already done C3 and S1. I've pretty much already done C3 and I've heard S1 is pretty easy, but I need to do it before they start S2 if they do, I'll be pushing for M3 with the physicist in me.

There was so much class chopping at my school. It's the worst AS results they've ever had, about a tenth to a twentieth of the year have dropped out or restarted. I'm not sure what other schools are like, but at mine pretty much no one drops out after AS. My normal maths and physics classes stayed the same size, but only because two classes have merged in physics and three in maths!

Economics at my school is really random. Year before last, 0 A*s at A2. This year there were 14 A*s with roughly the same number of people taking it

ReputationRep:
    Roots of unity maths thread? :sad::teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Question - is humanly it possible to teach yourself AS Chemistry? I know it's pretty hard, many of my friends came out with disappointing grades and some even had to change their whole future plans as Chem was the dealbreaker.. but for some *crazy* reason, I still want to do it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh damn, course! I get what you mean when you said roots of unity now from yesterday as well, I thought you meant you had an alternate solution to that BMO1 question with roots of unity. Hang on.

Here it is:

Show that x^{2m+1} - a^{2m+1}, \ m \in \mathbb{Z^{+}} can be written as:

\displaystyle x^{2m+1} - a^{2m+1} = (x-a) \prod_{r=1}^{m} \left[x^2 - 2ax \cos \left(\frac{2\pi r}{2m+1}\right) + a^2 \right]

I'll be back in an hour or so.

(Original post by loua96)
    Question - is humanly it possible to teach yourself AS Chemistry? I know it's pretty hard, many of my friends came out with disappointing grades and some even had to change their whole future plans as Chem was the dealbreaker.. but for some *crazy* reason, I still want to do it :lol:
    Of course! AS Chemistry is not conceptually difficult imo, there's just a lot to learn.

Also bear with me, I'll get back to your PM in a sec. I've been busy with DofE and moving back into school and such and haven't been coming on as often.

ReputationRep:
    Oh damn, course! I get what you mean when you said roots of unity now from yesterday as well, I thought you meant you had an alternate solution to that BMO1 question with roots of unity. Hang on.

Here it is:

Show that x^{2m+1} - a^{2m+1}, \ m \in \mathbb{Z^{+}} can be written as:

\displaystyle x^{2m+1} - a^{2m+1} = (x-a) \prod_{r=1}^{m} \left[x^2 - 2ax \cos \left(\frac{2\pi r}{2m+1}\right) + a^2 \right]

I'll be back in an hour or so.

Of course! AS Chemistry is not conceptually difficult imo, there's just a lot to learn.

Also bear with me, I'll get back to your PM in a sec. I've been busy with DofE and moving back into school and such and haven't been coming on as often.
    *expects an approachable question*
    * remembers its Felix*
    * I'll wait an hour*

What does everything mean! especially the roman numerals summation thing

ReputationRep:
    Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a good day yesterday
    Thank you very much! The day was great, and everyone bought me drinks at the pub (if you go to the pub on your birthday, wear an 18 badge ).

ReputationRep:
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of one final adjective to use in my concluding paragraph on my ps that i haven't already used and it is driving me insane!!

Edit: my first draft is now officially complete! :banana:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.