The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

The Yak back at Reading. Great to see.
Yakubu coming to the Golden Palace on Saturday. Never scored against us and always seems to try and injure one of our defenders, so the booing will be shared between him and Simon Cock at the game.

Checking the updates to make sure Sako is still locked up for the next 4 hours..
(edited 9 years ago)
Dele Alli edging towards Tottenham move. Great talent.
Original post by Mackay

A great signing for their reserves
Warming his backside on the bench, shame we couldn't quite hijack the deal but to be honest a lot of the players would rather go to London.
He scored a hat trick against my Droylsden side on FM13 for Northampton about five hours ago. Spooky.
Villa could do with a hat trick, Carl. Would double their goals for the season...
Original post by Jangrafess
Villa could do with a hat trick, Carl. Would double their goals for the season...

What's a goal :frown:
Roger Johnson has gone! ROGER JOHNSON HAS GONE!! The joy on twitter is too much right now, just 87 minutes and Sako is still one of our own for the rest of the season
Bolton sign Barry Bannan on loan. Birmingham reject £5mil bid for Demarai Gray from Bournemouth
Original post by Scott129
****e manager and he still managed to take 4 points off us this season :frown:

In other news, Sky Sports are reporting Tom Ince on a season-long loan is all but a done deal. We could potentially line up with Bent, Martin, Russell, Hughes and Ince as our attacking 5. That would be insane.

Apparently this is 100% done now. That is some strike force, I imagine anything less than automatic promotion would be a disaster? (Although a playoff place can be forgiven if you still go up)
Its not often I look forward to the transfer windows but we just had a flurry of late action.

Signing Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl (perm) and Lewis McGugan (loan). Whilst shipping out Caolan Lavery (loan) and Mani Dieseruvwe to Chesterfield. Sounds too much like my FM signings to be true or any good.
(edited 9 years ago)
Palace sign Lee Chung-Young from Bolton, one of their last remnants of their PL era. Lennon really stamping his mark on the squad now.
Original post by Mackay

The talk around MK is that if we do lose Alli we will want him back on loan for the rest of the season.
Lol @ Jim White saying Man Untied would be signing Bolton's Andy Kellett on loan.

He meant Sheffield United.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Its not often I like forward to the transfer windows but we just had a flurry of late action.

Signing Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl (perm) and Lewis McGugan (loan). Whilst shipping out Caolan Lavery (loan) and Mani Dieseruvwe to Chesterfield. Sounds too much like my FM signings to be true or any good.

Thoughts on these two? Heard good things about Lavery - looking forward to seeing him play. Hoping the same for Mani, relatively untested but I trust our manager on this one.
Original post by joddcfc
I'll kickstart transfer deadline day discussions then (amazed no one has posted anything yet!).

Chesterfield's Eoin Doyle, the top scorer in the Football League, has been sold to Cardiff for just £850k (undisclosed but strongly rumoured). Absolutely disgraceful if that's the true value, my club has no ambition whatsoever...

Is Dave Allen still the chairman?
Bolton's Andy Kellett to Man United - after spending the early part of the season at Plymouth.

Bizarre.
Original post by Mackay
Bolton's Andy Kellett to Man United - after spending the early part of the season at Plymouth.

Bizarre.

Wasn't it meant for Sheffield United but the guy who reported it, said Man United instead?
Original post by Rock Fan
Is Dave Allen still the chairman?

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest