Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Come on Wawa get this over with.

ReputationRep:
    oh no. oh no.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Stan is going to win - let's hope he can bring this level into tomorrow's match against Novak, otherwise the final is likely to be a blowout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Looks like Stan is going to win - let's hope he can bring this level into tomorrow's match against Novak, otherwise the final is likely to be a blowout
    That's what I'm worried about too.

ReputationRep:
    As a Federer fan I won't be disappointed if Fed loses as I really don't wanna see him lose to Novak on this slow ass court.

ReputationRep:
    ermagerd. bye federer.

ReputationRep:
    We should all admit that Djokovic deserves to win the tournament as well He's played really well, I saw just how good/solid his backhand was earlier today against Nishikori.

ReputationRep:
    If Wawa plays like he has tonight, Switzerland will win the Davis Cup easily.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Wawa can keep up this level againt Novak in the final. Really don't want another 6-3 6-0 demolition.

Federer groundstrokes are so weak compared to Stan's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    If Wawa plays like he has tonight, Switzerland will win the Davis Cup easily.
    I think that's the key thing that's come out of tonight. If we had a situation where Fed routined Stan in straight sets or something, Stan's level and confidence would have been down, and would probably affect his confidence in the Davis Cup.
    Here, at least we can see they are both feeling good and ready to take on the best the French have to offer.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's the key thing that's come out of tonight. If we had a situation where Fed routined Stan in straight sets or something, Stan's level and confidence would have been down, and would probably affect his confidence in the Davis Cup.
    Here, at least we can see they are both feeling good and ready to take on the best the French have to offer.
    I'm more worried about Federer. He can easily lose to Tsonga or Monfils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    I'm more worried about Federer. He can easily lose to Tsonga or Monfils.
    Monfils hasn't beaten Fed over 5 sets - he had a wonderful opportunity very recently, but let it go and that is probably going to play on his mind.
    And Tsonga isn't playing well enough IMO. They'll be rested and refreshed, but that's about it. Fed isn't even playing badly tonight, and he's generally quite reliable in Davis Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Monfils hasn't beaten Fed over 5 sets - he had a wonderful opportunity very recently, but let it go and that is probably going to play on his mind.
    And Tsonga isn't playing well enough IMO. They'll be rested and refreshed, but that's about it. Fed isn't even playing badly tonight, and he's generally quite reliable in Davis Cup.
    I hope you are right.

ReputationRep:
    Why is WAWA S&V on MPs? 3 MPs, 3 S&V.

ReputationRep:
    Fed breaks back!

ReputationRep:
    Fed breaks!

ReputationRep:
    Epic choke from Stan.

ReputationRep:
    Stan just choked big time.

ReputationRep:
    I may be a Fed fan, but I certainly know a choke when I see one. Oh dear.
    I love Novak too, but he must be loving this even more!

ReputationRep:
    wowzers what a game

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.