Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown shuga)
    Lmao! Tell me about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by JuliusSeizure)
    Waa ciyaal suuq. Iska dee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You both need to stop talking about him in somali. Hes your muslim brother and a long-standing member of this society so you shouldn't insult him in a language he doesn't understand. Its not fair

(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Maturity at its finest.
    and you -

Just drop it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I start on the 16th but have to enrol a few days earlier.
    Im gonna make a student account tomorrow. Everyone has already made one but the annoying woman who works at the bank didn't accept my ucas confirmation letter. I phoned ucas and they said shes wrong so im gonna go back again. #stress lol

If i ask for a student overdraft at the bank, will they give it to me then and there btw?
    Haha, some banks are good with student account. Have you tried lloyds Tsb or HSBC yet? They normally for a letter which confirms your unconditional place. Ladies at the bank can be annoying sometimes lol.

As long as you show them that some kind of regular income on your count, they should be able to implement an overdraft plan on your account that is how my bank works, so not sure about other branches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I start on the 16th but have to enrol a few days earlier.
    Im gonna make a student account tomorrow. Everyone has already made one but the annoying woman who works at the bank didn't accept my ucas confirmation letter. I phoned ucas and they said shes wrong so im gonna go back again. #stress lol

If i ask for a student overdraft at the bank, will they give it to me then and there btw?

Depends which bank you go. I know HSBC and i thimk lloyds give 500 pound over draft.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, some banks are good with student account. Have you tried lloyds Tsb or HSBC yet? They normally for a letter which confirms your unconditional place. Ladies at the bank can be annoying sometimes lol.

As long as you show them that some kind of regular income on your count, they should be able to implement an overdraft plan on your account that is how my bank works, so not sure about other branches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard halifax is the best for students which is why i wanna go there. Have you ever had an account with them?

ReputationRep:
    Wanna tell a sad random story. So today i go specsavers to get my eye test only for em to say it got worse and heres me thinking i cant get any worse.

ReputationRep:
    The part when his mum was giving him a bath and he asked her to touch his *cough* and she said "Hans its not proper!" made me LOL so much! He was like 6. He acted like he was an adult. He may have been innocent though and freud completely misinterpreted the whole thing :lol:

Haha aw. I had an amazing teacher too. He was quite good looking, hilarious at times and was a little posh so he had quite a few admirers :giggle: . He just made psychology 10x more interesting and hes the reason I want to do it at uni and become a teacher as he inspired me he left that college the same time we finished so i was happy that he didn't leave before we finished year13. I miss all my teachers at college :cry2:

High was awesome (well only year 10&11) but I preferred college as i came out of my shell alot more and it was a great experience
    Omds ahah I didn't know that!
    Did he base all his theories off of that one kid? Or did he think like that anyway? So messed up.
    Awwww I never had any good looking teachers. Were you one of his 'admirers'?
    I don't understand when people say teachers inspire them...like seriously? I've never felt inspired by a teacher...I used love my teachers but never felt inspired..what does that even mean? :lol:
    Yeh I miss all the banter too - the banter between students and the banter between students and teachers (especially in college).
    My maths teacher was hilarious! He'd call everyone beautiful and babe :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I heard halifax is the best for students which is why i wanna go there. Have you ever had an account with them?
    No, but lloyds also gives you a free NUS card, which is a bonus. And there is no interest on the 500 overdraft. However, their charges are so annoying. I hate it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Wanna tell a sad random story. So today i go specsavers to get my eye test only for em to say it got worse and heres me thinking i cant get any worse.
    Miskeen, do you normally wear glasses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Miskeen, do you normally wear glasses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup been wearing them since year 7. My eye sight is so bad the second i wake up i have to hunt them down cuz everything so blurry.

ReputationRep:
    You both need to stop talking about him in somali. Hes your muslim brother and a long-standing member of this society so you shouldn't insult him in a language he doesn't understand. Its not fair

Long-standing member or not he shouldn't be insulting a sister like that, creating an argument out of thin air...pssh.

Yes what I said was wrong, but he could always use google to translate it.. it was still wrong for me to say it though :yy:

Lol long-standing member kulaha :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup been wearing them since year 7. My eye sight is so bad the second i wake up i have to hunt them down cuz everything so blurry.
    May Allah make it better for you have you tried contact lenses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Long-standing member or not he shouldn't be insulting a sister like that, creating an argument out of thin air...pssh.

Yes what I said was wrong, but he could always use google to translate it.. it was still wrong for me to say it though :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol what did you say?

ReputationRep:
    May Allah make it better for you have you tried contact lenses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    inshallah wallhi and Yup a year ago. Want to start wearing them just before uni starts.

ReputationRep:

and you -

Just drop it now

That was careless of me, but he needs to watch how he communicates with others. He starts arguments out of thin air

You are right though, I shouldn't have discussed him Somali

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    inshallah wallhi and Yup a year ago. Want to start wearing them just before uni starts.
    I feel for you, my mum wears glasses in the family and she is exactly like you. She has to wear them all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks lets just leave it at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Omds ahah I didn't know that!
    Did he base all his theories off of that one kid? Or did he think like that anyway? So messed up.
    I dont know about you but my exam board was ocr and we had to learn all the dirty theories of freud lmao. He was a twisted man but his theories were so funny

Awwww I never had any good looking teachers. Were you one of his 'admirers'?
    I may or may not have been :teehee:

I don't understand when people say teachers inspire them...like seriously? I've never felt inspired by a teacher...I used love my teachers but never felt inspired..what does that even mean? :lol:
    he wasn't the only teacher i've had that inspired me to persue that career path but i think hes the reason i want to teach psychology in particular. Psychology is one of the most mind blowing subjects out there and seeing my students' eyes light up when they discover something new about human behaviour would just be an amazing feeling lol.

My maths teacher was hilarious! He'd call everyone beautiful and babe :rofl:
    thats a bit creepy lool

ReputationRep:
    No, but lloyds also gives you a free NUS card, which is a bonus. And there is no interest on the 500 overdraft. However, their charges are so annoying. I hate it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much discounts does an nus card provide you with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Lol what did you say?
    I said "he is a gangster, just leave him" .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much discounts does an nus card provide you with
    Around 10-20%

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.