Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting on Macfarlanes?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not heard from Fieldfisher yet? I finished the inductive reasoning test about 5 days before the deadline and have got a message saying its been sent to a senior associate/partner for review but nothing since.

ReputationRep:
    Latham PFO

ReputationRep:
    For those waiting to hear from Latham & Watkins, I sent an email requesting an update and about an hour later they sent a generic PFO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    They must accept people are nervous. I didn't answer the second part of the question but my other answers were fine. Let's hope they look past this!
    Don't feel too bad! I got cut off during my last sentence during one question and still got through Granted I was already wrapping up, but I'm sure they allow for nervousness too.

ReputationRep:
    I completed my video interview for a firm two and a half weeks ago. Not heard back yet but know of people getting assessment centres. Should I assume it's a PFO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playingthegame)
    Don't feel too bad! I got cut off during my last sentence during one question and still got through Granted I was already wrapping up, but I'm sure they allow for nervousness too.
    I hope so - good to hear you got through, hope all your applications are going well I just hope that I made sense, it's all such a blur!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Irwin Mitchell post video? Or Addleshaw Goddard post app?

ReputationRep:
    Baker and Mckenzie SJT is horrific.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. I didnt feel like sharing this yesterday but I'll share it today, I really think I f**ked up my KWM video interview. First two questions went fairly well, I thought they weren't amazing but they were passable, but the last question asked me about challenges KWM may face in the next year, and I blagged for 30 seconds about a recession (I panicked, idek if we're still in recession) meaning there's less availability for clients, hence greater competition and mergers in order to consolidate law firms(and their access to clients), I then blanked for 5 seconds after saying 'the second challenge would be...' , apologised and just stopped recording.

Feel so embarrassed I fluffed like that, give it to me straight guys, will it be fatal or could 2 decent responses excuse my nerves??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Latham PFO
    I feel that, got mine today.

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview with Davis Polk later today - anyone else had one? How did it go?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Went to an open day at the firm a few weeks ago - was unfortunately rejected for the vac scheme, so well done!

Everyone was lovely, make sure you know that the firm is essentially a M&A/Capital Markets firm. I'm sure you'll be fine with all the general stuff, but they are looking for self-starters and people who know the direction that they want to take their career.
    Thanks so much for the advice - just making my final preparations now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    Got my interview with Davis Polk later today - anyone else had one? How did it go?!
    Had a choice between today and wednesday, opted for wednesday. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Anyone heard back from Irwin Mitchell post video? Or Addleshaw Goddard post app?
    Not heard from AG post app either - thinking that because they're rolling basis and it's been so long it must be a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Ugh. I didnt feel like sharing this yesterday but I'll share it today, I really think I f**ked up my KWM video interview. First two questions went fairly well, I thought they weren't amazing but they were passable, but the last question asked me about challenges KWM may face in the next year, and I blagged for 30 seconds about a recession (I panicked, idek if we're still in recession) meaning there's less availability for clients, hence greater competition and mergers in order to consolidate law firms(and their access to clients), I then blanked for 5 seconds after saying 'the second challenge would be...' , apologised and just stopped recording.

Feel so embarrassed I fluffed like that, give it to me straight guys, will it be fatal or could 2 decent responses excuse my nerves??
    Hi there! *=) I don't think it's fatal at all from what you described! After all you did frame a good answer about the recession right? - they will hopefully put down the last few seconds to nerves, and consider the first part about the recession. Don't worry about it being slightly outdated - although the economy is picking up now that it's been a few years, you weren't talking about something 20 years ago and the recession is still relevant to businesses today. Don't be discouraged!

ReputationRep:
    DLA Piper rejection and KWM post interview rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pahoeho)
    Had a choice between today and wednesday, opted for wednesday. good luck!

Haha yeah I had that choice too, opted for today seeing as Wednesday is my birthday ! Good luck with yours, will let you know how it goes if you'd like

ReputationRep:
    Got my DLA Piper interview later today, anybody got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like for the video interviews run by launchpad you can follow the link again and view your finished interview!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.